What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Website Not Showing Properly With FF

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Website Not Showing Properly With FF
Author: Message:
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Website Not Showing Properly With FF
hey.. I redesigned my blog.. its looking how I want too in IE ( I wanted to say good, but good is a point of view, n i have the feeling certain ppl aint gon like it here )

so anyways, I tried running it in FF, doesnt work.. dunno why! I checked everything, still shows up really really bad.. could anyone help me out w/ that? The website link is : http://www.lp15-blog.2ya.com

Run it in both IE and FF to see the diff..
09-19-2005 01:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
RE: Website Not Showing Properly With FF
Like I've always said FireFox is a pain the the butt for makeing websites work with it. My site www.musicrelatednetwork.net looks fine in IE but FF the fonts are messed up and the menu is a bit off. Both problems I can't fix to FF standards with out screwing it up in IE.
[Image: top.gif]
09-19-2005 09:12 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
why does FF display it different? they are both reading the same HTML/Javascript code or whatever? i would have thought they'd interpret them the same!
09-20-2005 12:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
FireFox is a pain the the butt for makeing websites work with it.
quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
why does FF display it different?
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
tried running it in FF, doesnt work..

Guys, the web consortium recommendations were made for a reason.
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
09-20-2005 12:31 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Website Not Showing Properly With FF
quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
consortium recommendations were made for a reason.

What does consortium mean :$?
09-20-2005 12:56 AM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fww...15-blog.2ya.com%2F

Firstly fix the errors found by the validator. The gecko engine runs on these standards.

quote:
why does FF display it different? they are both reading the same HTML/Javascript code or whatever? i would have thought they'd interpret them the same!

Its not how they intepret the code, its how they interprete the errors. If a browser comes accross something that makes no sense it comes up with a way to fix it so the page will display correctly.Different browsers have different ways of intepreting errors.
09-20-2005 12:58 AM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
What does consortium mean

quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia
Consortium
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Consortium is a word that comes from the Latin consortium meaning association or society, from the word consors meaning owner of means or comrade.

The word refers to a temporary collaboration to perform a certain task or to provide a specific service or product more efficiently. A consortium is an association of two or more individuals, companies, universities, or governments (or any combination of these entities) with the objective of participating in a common activity or pooling their resources for achieving a common goal. Each participant retains its separate legal status and thus, the consortium's control over each participant is generally limited to activities involving the joint endeavor, particularly the division of profits.

A consortium is formed by contract, which delineates the rights and obligations of each member. Consortia are more common in the non profit sector. For example, Five Colleges, Inc. is one of the oldest and most successful consortia in the United States. The participants in Five Colleges, Inc. are: Amherst College, Hampshire College, Mount Holyoke College, Smith College, and the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Another example of a successful consortium is the Five Colleges of Ohio of Ohio: Oberlin College, Ohio Wesleyan University, Kenyon College, College of Wooster and Denison University. These consortia have pooled the resources of their member colleges and the university to share human and material assets as well as to link academic and administrative resources.

An example of a for-profit consortium is Airbus Industrie ("Airbus"). Formed in 1970, Airbus is one of the world's premier manufactures of civil airliners. Airbus is owned by EADS (80%) and British Aerospace (20%). EADS itself is a merger of Aérospatiale-Matra of France, Daimler-Chrysler Aerospace of Germany, and Construcciones Aeronáuticas of Spain, which were originally separate partners in the consortium, owning 37.9%, 37.9%, and 4.2%, respectively. Airbus' status as a consortium means that profits accrue to the partner companies representative to their interests. Work is allocated on the same basis as profits.

Another example of a for-profit consortium is when a group of banks colloborate to give a loan. This is more commonly known as a syndicated loan. A more permanent joint activity is usually called an institute.

This post was edited on 09-20-2005 at 01:00 AM by [MR].
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
09-20-2005 12:59 AM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
What does consortium mean ?

"Define: consortium" on google

An association of companies for some definite purpose. In this case the purpose is to set standards for all browsers and webdesigners.

[edit] He beat me but oh well...

This post was edited on 09-20-2005 at 01:02 AM by dotNorma.
09-20-2005 01:01 AM
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Norma Jean
quote:

Its not how they intepret the code, its how they interprete the errors. If a browser comes accross something that makes no sense it comes up with a way to fix it so the page will display correctly.Different browsers have different ways of intepreting errors.

ooooo, thats cool, thanx for that!
09-20-2005 01:05 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
I suggest anyone who is interested in becoming a serious (note: not professional, although it still applies) designer/programmer to stick to standards and use browsers that render pages with said standards (such as Firefox or any Gecko-based, etc. browser).

IE accepts any incorrect things you feed it...

Trivial things such as:

IE: font-size: 10 pt;
FF/etc.: font-size: 10pt;

make it impossible to have a comfortable experience in sites designed for IE.

Note: IE also accepts the standard "font-size: 10pt;", so why they accept this space stuff, I think it's just to annoy designers... :dodgy:

Note: the code used is only for example. Almost all meassurement (sp?) codes have the same issue with IE.

W3Schools.com is a great site with lots of documentation on the correct use of languages and which browsers support what. (Y)

This post was edited on 09-20-2005 at 01:16 AM by L. Coyote.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

09-20-2005 01:14 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: