What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » RITA... not again a Katrina

Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
RITA... not again a Katrina
Author: Message:
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RITA... not again a Katrina
ya i know the radius of the storm is like 170 miles or somthing like that

This post was edited on 09-22-2005 at 04:10 PM by [MR].
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
09-22-2005 04:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Rita has been recorded as the third most intense huricane to hit the U.S.

1.3million people on the move throughout Texas, and that number is expected to double as today goes by.

And expert, I HIGHTLY doubt that this huricane will increase gas by ~$3.00. When Katrina hit, the national average went up some $.60 cents I do believe.

The gas prices were already predicted to be $5 to $6 by the end of this year anyway. Texas is the biggest producer of oil in the USA (behind Alaska but they are like not even near the USA), this hurricane seriously cant be good for gas prices.

The entire world should just cancel out all debt to each other.

This post was edited on 09-22-2005 at 04:19 PM by dotNorma.
09-22-2005 04:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by .Norma
(behind Alaska but they are like not even near the USA),
well alaska has oil but they generally dont drill for oil there b/c of of they want to preserve the natural surroundings
09-22-2005 04:43 PM
TylerG

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Doesn't matter. The waves and surge will wash this town away, even if the eye passes a hundred miles away
Galveston will still be there:P There is a like a 15 ft. conrete sea wall, and all the building are on stilts.  Galveston learned their lesson from the 1900 hurricane.

quote:
Originally posted by MR_5_MR
mputer tyler...i guess it will be ok ...and ur brother's mac mini...i guess that should be ok too bt i would do somthing with is just in case.
Yeah we are going to put my computer and my brothers mac in a closet downstairs.  Then if water gets in our house we are going to put in my upstairs bathroom, since there are no windows in there...

This post was edited on 09-22-2005 at 06:25 PM by TylerG.
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
09-22-2005 06:22 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by TylerG
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
Doesn't matter. The waves and surge will wash this town away, even if the eye passes a hundred miles away
Galveston will still be there:P There is a like a 15 ft. conrete sea wall, and all the building are on stilts.  Galveston learned their lesson from the 1900 hurricane.

Currently the waves at the center of the hurricane are over 40ft. http://www.oceanweather.com/data/index.html
09-22-2005 06:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
TylerG

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Madman

Currently the waves at the center of the hurricane are over 40ft. http://www.oceanweather.com/data/index.html
But when Rita starts reaching shallower waters that aren't as warm it is going to loose some of its strength, I doubt they will be that big when it hits galveston.
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
09-22-2005 06:29 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by .Norma
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Rita has been recorded as the third most intense huricane to hit the U.S.

1.3million people on the move throughout Texas, and that number is expected to double as today goes by.

And expert, I HIGHTLY doubt that this huricane will increase gas by ~$3.00. When Katrina hit, the national average went up some $.60 cents I do believe.

The gas prices were already predicted to be $5 to $6 by the end of this year anyway. Texas is the biggest producer of oil in the USA (behind Alaska but they are like not even near the USA), this hurricane seriously cant be good for gas prices.

The entire world should just cancel out all debt to each other.

It was also predicted years back that we'd run out of gas a a few years ago. Did that happen? No. Do I think gas will sky rocket to $5-$6? No. Why? Because gas has only been increasing, like what, $.30-$.55 a year? I highly doubt that gas would quaddruple, especialy when it's at $2.69 a gallon here in Tennessee.

Back ontopic, I just called a good friend who lives about 120 miles away from Galviston(sp?), and she said it was windy as hell already, and it isn't soposed to make landfall till late tommorrow night/saturday morning.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-23-2005 02:50 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jurassic_Ice

36 / Male / Flag
Gas stations all over Ottawa (Canada) are FILLED up with cars, going all the way to the roads. Gas is at 97.5 and no one is takin any chances, theyr all filling up before it hits $2.00 per Litre....which is going to be Horrible.
[Image: jaursicice.png]
09-23-2005 03:43 AM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
the hurricane is almost here! and its lowered to a cat 4 and is almost down to a cat 3 the windows of it are currently 135 mph
09-23-2005 03:42 PM
Pr0xY
Veteran Member

passwords are for treehouses

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by expert
this is going to be huge and gas is going to be 5$ a gallon :|
Yeah that will suck for everyone on the southern part of the United States.  I'm glad Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan gets there gas from Canada. 

Actually, some states are under investigation now after raising their gas prices during Hurricane Katrina.  The hurricane should have had no effect on gas prices for the northern part of the US, since there was no hurricane in Canada ;) .  I hate when they price gouge it for BS reasons. :/
09-23-2005 03:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (7): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: