What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » RITA... not again a Katrina

Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
RITA... not again a Katrina
Author: Message:
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: RITA... not again a Katrina
quote:
Originally posted by Pr0xY
quote:
Originally posted by expert
this is going to be huge and gas is going to be 5$ a gallon :|
Yeah that will suck for everyone on the southern part of the United States.  I'm glad Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Michigan gets there gas from Canada. 

Actually, some states are under investigation now after raising their gas prices during Hurricane Katrina.  The hurricane should have had no effect on gas prices for the northern part of the US, since there was no hurricane in Canada ;) .  I hate when they price gouge it for BS reasons. :/

Well you have to think of it like this. Most of the South's oil comes from the refineries in the gulf. The refineries were shut down for what, like 5 or 6 days? When something that huge happens, you have to start getting oil from the northern companies. And when you do, the oil prices in the north will rise.

I'd love to own a oil company, would be a multi-billionare.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
09-23-2005 09:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
ok well the first bands of rita are here ...i wish the hurricane would be stronger though.  we tylerG and his brother all set our computers in our houses downstairs so the computers dont get ruined so it pretty cool, we are going to be on all night until the power goes out which i hope it does!
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
09-24-2005 01:12 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
You want it to be stronger? What? Why? Are you crazy? Did you smoke crack before you thought of that? You better be kidding. I just talked to my friend who lives about a hour away from the coast, and she said there expecting it to be a cat 2 when it gets to her place, and it's soposed to drop ~35in of rain. But yet, you want it to be stronger? How naive.
09-24-2005 02:05 AM
dotNorma
Veteran Member

32 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
You want it to be stronger? What? Why? Are you crazy? Did you smoke crack before you thought of that? You better be kidding. I just talked to my friend who lives about a hour away from the coast, and she said there expecting it to be a cat 2 when it gets to her place, and it's soposed to drop ~35in of rain. But yet, you want it to be stronger? How naive.

Because its something out of the ordinary. Its weird, but its kind of exciting that something is finally happening here in conroe. They built us up for a catagory five hurricane coming right for us and we were all kind of excited and then they said it wasnt coming for us and it was a catagory two. I mean, however terrible it might be, it is indeed exciting.
09-24-2005 02:16 AM
TylerG

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by .Norma
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX

Because its something out of the ordinary. Its weird, but its kind of exciting that something is finally happening here in conroe. They built us up for a catagory five hurricane coming right for us and we were all kind of excited and then they said it wasnt coming for us and it was a catagory two. I mean, however terrible it might be, it is indeed exciting.
Exactly...I know it sounds stupid but I can't help it:S
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
09-24-2005 02:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
agreed

found out that all the hard stuff is supposed to hit at 3 am

This post was edited on 09-24-2005 at 03:12 AM by [MR].
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
09-24-2005 02:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
shine
Veteran Member

Recharging......

49 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RITA... not again a Katrina
New Orleons flooded again :sad:
09-24-2005 10:08 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by .Norma
Reminds me how I was expecting Frances to pass by where I was, and the silly just went the other way... :P Ever since Andrew, I've felt interest in hurricanes, although it's sad how they destroy everything...

Oh, well, it's like that with hurricanes... You can't really tell if they're going to keep strong or get weaker.

One thing that disgusted me about the local news was a phrase a reporter said:

We'll keep you up to date about Hurricane Rita. We sent people to the US to keep you informed in what promises to be a disaster of a big scale.

WTF? Promises? I was half-expecting the woman to say: "you'll see people being blown away, buildings ripped off, destruction everywhere, etc." :s

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

09-24-2005 12:03 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by shine
New Orleons flooded again :sad:

5 more feet of water and rising.

Anyone catch on the news were it made land fall at?
09-24-2005 06:37 PM
DebsyUk21

– / Female / –
Oh no another hurricane over there, why do people just come and live over here lol, its horrible over there:(:|
09-24-2005 10:50 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (7): « First « 2 3 4 5 [ 6 ] 7 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: