What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Translation » Support to an Official Brazilian Translation

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
Support to an Official Brazilian Translation
Author: Message:
xBellox

44 / Male / –
O.P. Dodgy  Support to an Official Brazilian Translation
As a Brazilian fan of MsgPlus, I must support Heyder and his work.

I prefer to use MsgPlus in english than use Portuguese from Portugal translation. It´s simply irritating read "Ficheiro", "Palavra Passe" (incompressible), and the 'c' in "contacto", "actualizar" and others.

Please Patchou, make the translation offcial to us.  I´m sure that this act will made the MsgPlus more Popular than ever in Brazil (it´s already popular).  Brazil is one of biggers Internet Country User, just see the researchs. In Orkut, Fotolog, we are majority. The numbers of MSN users in Brazil are at least 8x greatter than MSN users in Portugal.

---------------------------------------------------------

A little comment about the closed thread:

Gonçalo Ferreira says soo many nonsenses in his post that make me sick.

quote:
two things a) the differences are in fact rare and not significant (if you know how to read the language)

Are you really a translator??? This is a kind of afirmation that none translator should say. The differences are NOT rare neither not significant.

quote:
I don’t know if this is the correct way to say this in english
Ok, now you have answered me the previous question

quote:
Well, it's known that in Brazil many words are adapted (or realy are) from the english, like that one could probably be, and I believe that way you can more easily understand what it's referring to, but there are
some reasons not to use it, namely a) there's a clear translation, so there's no reason not to translate it, b) the whole translation is supposed to be read by any kind of people, including doctors and children that only know it's mother language and c) the whole translation must be absolutely formal, direct to the point, and in absolute conformity with the grammar (I must also add that our translation is checked by a certified and experienced portuguese teacher apart from the team, so I can honestly tell you that our translation would certainly fit on any iso-certification rules )

Man, you REALLY don´t known NOTHING about Portuguese from Brazil. Many words in Brazil are in English and is in OFFICIALS dictionaries like "DICIONÁRIO HOUAISS DA LÍNGUA PORTUGUESA" and "Melhoramentos". One of those words is, peharps, "status".

So don´t try to tell us, how we should to translate our own language.

quote:
We have it as "ficheiro" and you changed it to "arquivo" (archive). Well, obviously "ficheiro" is the most correct way to translate "file".

Only in Portugal!!! All softwares translated to Brazilian portuguese use "Arquivo". Maybe you can write a email to microsoft, macromedia, sun and others to ask then to fire its translators. Again, don´t say us how we should translate!

quote:
but the reason not to use it is that "palavra passe" is more accurate to the situation, "senha" is not so catchy for first-time users and less experienced users on computres, not to mention that other portuguese software’s use "palavra passe" so we decided to keep the uniformity on this one.
Ok, so if you decided to "keep the uniformity", Why do not "keep the uniformity" for Brazilian Portuguese with an Official translation?. By the way, "palavra passe" is incompressible to Brazilians.

quote:
After talking to some brazillian friends, the only actual difference to their way of speaking by looking to our translation is just the "c"s which is, in their own words, "irrelevant".

I´m certainly not your friend, but the "c"´s aren´t relevant to understand, but is the same to say that we don´t need to translate for eg "no" because everybody understand it.

I´m sure that Gonçalo Ferreira said this absurdity because he known that there are more Brazilian MSN users than Portuguese MSN users, so his translation will become insignificant.

Heyder, keep with your good work, I´ll always donwload your translation and i´m sure that a lot of people will do the same.

ps: Sorry about my English, I´m not a translator so this text can contain some errors. (or a lot of them :)).

Heyder, nem liga para esses caras, eles não querem concorrência, eles se acham especiais. Continua com as traduções que a gente agradece :)

See Ya,
Eduardo Bello
09-26-2005 04:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
Grin  RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation
My friend Eduardo,
Thank you very much for their solidarity words and defense in my favor. Is for people like you (and so many other Brazilian) that me cheer up in continuing to post the translation,  ignoring the that only know to do critics no constructive and accusations futile to my work. ...thank you for the help.
Be comfortable to collaborate, to point my mistakes of translation with the objective of getting better, to give ideas, better words, finally. . . Two heads thinking with a common objective is always better than just one. I thank your solidarity once again.

Meu caro, Eduardo, valeu!
Muito obrigado por suas palavras de solidariedade e defesa em meu favor. É por pessoas como você (e tantos outros brasileiros) que a gente se anima em continuar postanto essa tradução, alheio aos que só sabem fazer críticas não construtivas e acusações hilárias ao seu trabalho. Você realmente foi incisivo (curto e grosso, como se diz) em suas afirmações... obrigado pela ajuda.
(Y) Fique à vontade para colaborar, apontar erros meus de tradução com o objetivo de melhorar, dar idéias, melhores palavras, enfim... Duas cabeças pensando com um objetivo comum é sempre melhor que apenas uma. Agradeço mais uma vez sua solidariedade. 8-|

Dr. Heyder

This post was edited on 09-26-2005 at 07:15 PM by Heyder.
09-26-2005 07:06 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation
[OFF TOPIC]

xBellox, mind you that there are already tons of threads about this discussion and it actually didn't needed yet another one as everything is already been said before. You might as well revive an old (still open) thread about it if you like....

Simply searching the forum would have revealed them.

And thus one of the reasons why the thread is closed is because there are already several of them and none have added more information then others....

[/OFF TOPIC]

----------------------------

Anyways, from an outsider point of view...

quote:
Originally posted by xBellox
quote:
two things a) the differences are in fact rare and not significant (if you know how to read the language)
Are you really a translator??? This is a kind of afirmation that none translator should say. The differences are NOT rare neither not significant.
from what I've seen by comparing the two translations (the one from Heyder and the official portuguese one), the differences _are_ very rare.

So either he did simply copy most of it, or either there is not real difference between the written langauges (note that there is a difference between a written language and a spoken language)

quote:
quote:
I don’t know if this is the correct way to say this in english
Ok, now you have answered me the previous question
that remark is seriously uncalled for...

quote:
Man, you REALLY don´t known NOTHING about Portuguese from Brazil. Many words in Brazil are in English and is in OFFICIALS dictionaries like "DICIONÁRIO HOUAISS DA LÍNGUA PORTUGUESA" and "Melhoramentos". One of those words is, peharps, "status".

So don´t try to tell us, how we should to translate our own language.
About dictionnaries: they aren't the holy grale! They contain many mistakes too. Also there are dictionnaries for every possible rare, remote dialect you can think of. So the "but a dictionnary exists for the language" argument isn't very valid in this context...

quote:
quote:
After talking to some brazillian friends, the only actual difference to their way of speaking by looking to our translation is just the "c"s which is, in their own words, "irrelevant".

I´m certainly not your friend, but the "c"´s aren´t relevant to understand, but is the same to say that we don´t need to translate for eg "no" because everybody understand it.
That's not the same at all. What he meant was that such things are not a reason to include a new language (in Plus!). In UK English and American English you'll find just the same differences and they are also spoken differently. But this is not a reason to split English into American English and UK English in Plus!....

PS: everything I've said here is already said and discussed in other threads... A forum search will reveal them...

This post was edited on 09-27-2005 at 09:36 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-27-2005 09:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jvlppm

i hate that "ficheiro" and 'c' too

just cant look it
09-27-2005 10:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
xBellox

44 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation
quote:
from what I've seen by comparing the two translations (the one from Heyder and the official portuguese one), the differences _are_ very rare.

So either he did simply copy most of it, or either there is not real difference between the written langauges (note that there is a difference between a written language and a spoken language)

From my point of view, if you don´t speak portuguese, you really don´t have enough knowledge to compare just seeing how the words are writted... One character can modify the hole meaning.
But it´s ok, it´s your point of view and I respect...
Another question, if those lanaguages are soo similar (and they aren´t), why don´t use the most spoked, most used language as the primary? Don´t tell me that´s because portuguese from portugal it´s the original, unless we translate to "latin".

quote:
About dictionnaries: they aren't the holy grale! They contain many mistakes too
Once again, I agree, but indeed many words in Brazil are in English, not only in dictionnaries, I just used the eg. of dictionnaries to prove.

----

I´m really confuse now, I don´t known where to write posts :) I think this thread here is the best one. But if you known other about this specific subject and that aren´t closed, plz tell me and I´ll use it.

-------

quote:
i hate that "ficheiro" and 'c' too

just cant look it
Welcome to the team "jvlppm" (whatever it means hehehe :) )... But they don´t listen us at all... I´m starting to think that I´m wasting my time...
09-28-2005 01:56 PM
Heyder

Dr. Heyder

49 / Male / Flag
Dodgy  RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation
quote:
quote:
Cara, eu hoje não estou muito bem humorado e dei o azar de ler as asneiras que um dos administradores deste forum escreveu pra mim no trecho que foi simplesmente MOVIDO do meu thread. Assim, minha resposta foi curta e grossa.

Sabe, eu já estou de saco cheio de alguns babacas deste forum. Vou simplesmente postar minhas traduções e pronto. No máximo, responderei aos brasileiros que postarem pra mim. Ficaria grato se você pudesse me ajudar na tarefa de tradução (pense como e sugira). Outra coisa, vou falar português apenas por aqui. Você viu o que esses bundões fizeram? Além de fechar meu thread com argumentos mentirosos, moveram-no para o lixo. Pra mim chega. Eu não tenho saco de papai noel...

:P BAIXA BRASIL !!! Messenger Plus! v3.6.144 em português do BRASIL:
Clique aqui: --->>> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=51158

This post was edited on 09-30-2005 at 12:20 AM by Heyder.
09-28-2005 07:00 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Another question, if those lanaguages are soo similar (and they aren´t), why don´t use the most spoked, most used language as the primary?
It isn't only about what is spoken the most.

This post was edited on 09-30-2005 at 07:11 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
09-30-2005 06:09 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
xBellox

44 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation
quote:
It isn't only about what is spoken the most.
So, is about what?
09-30-2005 01:49 PM
xBellox

44 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Baixa BRASIL! Messenger Plus! v3.60.144
Yeah!

Great job Heyder, let´s do an "pedaaallaaaa robinho" or "pedallaaaa babacas" on the closed minds of this forum. Let the Gonçalo with his ego, because he knowns that his translation are less popular than yours :)

Keep with the good job!

---------------

É isso ai Heyder deixa esses bbabbacas pra lá... Eles têm uma mente muiito pequena. Parabens pelo excelente trabalho! Nem conferi ainda, mas tenho certeza de que a legenda está ótima :)

This post was edited on 09-30-2005 at 01:58 PM by xBellox.
09-30-2005 01:54 PM
Leif

81 / Male / –
Jeeeeeeeeeeeez!
09-30-2005 10:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version