What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Suggestion: Expand the functions on Tabbed Chat

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Suggestion: Expand the functions on Tabbed Chat
Author: Message:
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
RE: Suggestion: Expand the functions on Tabbed Chat
quote:
Originally posted by chowie
i've got 3 must updates for the tab functions.

1. lets say you are talking to two people. person 1 doesnt say anything while person 2 is talking with you but you have selected person 1 and surf with the chatwindow down, it doesnt highlight so you dont really know if any of the other 15 people your talking with is saying anything at the moment, annoying :D
It will flash, there's just a 15 second delay (it will also switch to that conversation). It will also automaticly bring that conversation to the front unless you switch off that option (plus > preferences > instant messages > tabbed chats...."auto-activate chat windows with unread messages"), but this would mean there will be no more taskbarflashes for unfocused chats. If you are experiencing no flashes at all you may wanna check if that setting is enabled.

You can also change the delay if you wish to do so, either manually or with Plus! Tweak (this program changes the registrysettings for you). The regkey you're looking for is GroupAutoSwitchDelay. To download Plus! Tweak or for more information about this regkey see: Help Registry Tweaks
quote:
2. to use the tab key to change chatwindow, maybe? :S
As RaceProUK already said, more about how tabbed chats work can be found in the changelog.
quote:
Originally posted by changelog
You can browse your tabbed chats with two sets of keys: Ctrl+PageUp / Ctrl+PageDown and Ctrl+Tab / Ctrl+Shift+Tab. The later can be disabled with the AllowGroupCtrlTab registry setting if you want to keep Ctrl+Tab to insert tab characters in your messages.
You can use Ctrl+Alt+Tab to go to the next flashing chat or to restore the original chat window when no more flashing windows are present. This shortcut is very useful when talking to a lot of people.
quote:
3. when you change chatwindow the window pops back down on the start-menu, would be nice if it didnt do that. maybe impossible what do i know? :S
The tabs are ordered in sequence of opening conversations, e.g first tab = first conversation started..last tab = last conversation started.

This post was edited on 10-04-2005 at 12:56 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
10-04-2005 12:54 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
chowie

oh thx.

on number 3 i didnt meen the tabs just down on the start menu.

but screw that :D
10-05-2005 09:17 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
1. I thought it did flash the taskbar button?
2. Tab is usually used to move between bits of a window, so this won't be implemented. Use Ctrl(+Shift)+Tab, which are standard tab-changing shortcuts.
3. Do you mean the caption on the taskbar button changes? I don't view that as a problem. Though it's possible to change the caption, it'll also change it for the window (if you have the frame visible).
1. Nope it doesnt. Thats a big glitch dont know why...

Sunshine your "auto-activate chat windows with unread messages" feature doesnt work because its annoying as hell lets say your writing to person 1 "I love you" and person 2 sends a message and it autoswitches and you say "I love you" to person 2. No.....It should flash no matter what.
10-05-2005 10:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
1. I thought it did flash the taskbar button?
2. Tab is usually used to move between bits of a window, so this won't be implemented. Use Ctrl(+Shift)+Tab, which are standard tab-changing shortcuts.
3. Do you mean the caption on the taskbar button changes? I don't view that as a problem. Though it's possible to change the caption, it'll also change it for the window (if you have the frame visible).
1. Nope it doesnt. Thats a big glitch dont know why...

Sunshine your "auto-activate chat windows with unread messages" feature doesnt work because its annoying as hell lets say your writing to person 1 "I love you" and person 2 sends a message and it autoswitches and you say "I love you" to person 2. No.....It should flash no matter what.
1. I already explained the why...but to be even more clear, to flash in taskbar it needs the tab of that specific conversation.

"auto-activate chat windows with unread messages": auto-activate was asfar as i know the only way taskbar flashing for messages in unfocussed conversation screens could be implemented in tabbed chats, hence why the name on the taskbar changes aswell. There is no "general" tab to flash on messages in any conversation. I already suggested an XP like stacking (one general tab, above that the tab for tabbed chats screen - active conversation window) during the betatesting period. It has not been implemented, wich to me means that it's probably not possible.

I'm sure you'll notice the different DP when it changed before you send that message. If you don't show DPs then look at the name in the conversation window or in taskbar. The flashing on taskbar already indicates that the conversation in wich this message was sent has been brought into focus.

This post was edited on 10-05-2005 at 10:50 PM by Sunshine.
10-05-2005 10:40 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Patchou is a busy man....There are some suggestions he just cant notice. Maybe you should give it another try somehow.

That function (that I described about) must be implanted because alot of conversations are lost without it.
10-06-2005 01:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jannar85

39 / Male / –
There's one thing that are annoying with the tabs. When having multiply conversations, and someone are talking to us, we cannot see that we've got a new message on the taskbar (the blinking). Is there any way to make this work? There's only blinking on the MSN converation window now.
10-09-2005 11:29 AM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by jannar85
There's one thing that are annoying with the tabs. When having multiply conversations, and someone are talking to us, we cannot see that we've got a new message on the taskbar (the blinking). Is there any way to make this work? There's only blinking on the MSN converation window now.
quote:
It will flash, there's just a 15 second delay (it will also switch to that conversation). It will also automaticly bring that conversation to the front unless you switch off that option (plus > preferences > instant messages > tabbed chats...."auto-activate chat windows with unread messages"), but this would mean there will be no more taskbarflashes for unfocused chats. If you are experiencing no flashes at all you may wanna check if that setting is enabled.

You can also change the delay if you wish to do so, either manually or with Plus! Tweak (this program changes the registrysettings for you). The regkey you're looking for is GroupAutoSwitchDelay. To download Plus! Tweak or for more information about this regkey see: Help Registry Tweaks

10-09-2005 11:36 AM
fluffy_lobster
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
I'd like to add to this request - if you could scroll through conversations by rolling your mouse wheel over the tab list in vertical view chatting would be so much easier, for me at least.
10-24-2005 06:43 PM
hexel

May 'the Google' be with you!

35 / Female / –
OK, since we're already on the subject... Has Ctrl+number for selecting tabs (i.e. Ctrl+1 for first tab, Ctrl+3 for third and so on, Firefox users know what I mean :tongue:) been under discussion?
10-24-2005 07:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
TazDevil

sleep(0);

40 / Male / Flag
Some features i would like to see regurding tabs are (some discused above),

1. an option to have the tab bar always visible even though there is just one conversation open, (that would help with the resizing of the window, when more contacts are added) + (help identify the contact)

2. tab sorting, by mouse, like firefox (example given above)

3. also tab/untab with mouse drag in/outside would be nice (but i can see the dificulties of accedentally untabbing a convo while trying to sort)
Window Manager is discontinued, for WLM try the new,
Enhancer for contact list docking, auto-hide, hide taskbar button, remove button flashing and remember keyboard layout in conversation windows
10-25-2005 08:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: