What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » !!! MSN TECH SUPORT !!! and that grey option...

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
!!! MSN TECH SUPORT !!! and that grey option...
Author: Message:
MoZo1

39 / Male / –
O.P. !!! MSN TECH SUPORT !!! and that grey option...
The "Allow me to connect directly to my contacts when sending messages" option have greyed out in the MSN version 7.5. It was last available in the 7.0. I have some mail about this with the support team. I needed 7 mails to get this simple answer.
Who would like to see it, download it! I've removed my mail adress from it, so pls upload this to everywhere you can! This is from the ppls who've saied that the Plus! is spyware. I don't know what spyware have the Plus!(if it have), but this excelent team should stfu when somebody can extend their old program with some trivial options like the Plus! done!

*Appended: I must compress it, it's too big! :)

.exe File Attachment: MSN Messenger support suck.exe (62.87 KB)
This file has been downloaded 292 time(s).

This post was edited on 09-29-2005 at 09:11 AM by MoZo1.
[Image: MoZo1_siggy.jpg]
09-29-2005 09:10 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: !!! MSN TECH SUPORT !!! and that grey option...
Plus! contains no spyware, just an optional sponsor ;)
And if you're going to ZIP a file, please don't make it a self-extractor. That way people who aren't on their own machines can also read it.

Especially me, who's on a Linux box atm.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
09-29-2005 11:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
so what is it exactly, :undecided: care to explain a bit more, from what i got its some sort of petition type thing to bring back that greyed out text, am i right?

This post was edited on 09-29-2005 at 12:40 PM by ~INVASION~.
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
09-29-2005 12:40 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
MoZo1

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: !!! MSN TECH SUPORT !!! and that grey option...
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Plus! contains no spyware, just an optional sponsor ;)
And if you're going to ZIP a file, please don't make it a self-extractor. That way people who aren't on their own machines can also read it.

Especially me, who's on a Linux box atm.

First: every program need money. Master server things need much more money. It's not bad if a program have a spyware because my sound card driver and the IE (as it's installed) have too. I just want to say that if the /\/\icrosoft cannot do programing, then let others to do it!
Second: It's a rar and the SFX archives can be decompressed with your compressing program too. It's not a format. It's an extension. This is the reason why I'am use it. And the decompressors also have the option to remove the sfx module without decompress the file.
And I've tryed to not compress, but I cannot upload more than 200kB

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
so what is it exactly, :undecided: care to explain a bit more, from what i got its some sort of petition type thing to bring back that greyed out text, am i right?

No. This is my mailing with the tech suport. This is a joke. A black joke. First they've asked me to delete some windows cache and do something with registry. Then they've sent a guide to configure that firewalls what I haven't choose from the list on the first form, I've choosen other instead of them. Then they told what is my problem and asked for screenshoot. And then they've told that, that that option have been removed. Then why I cannot find this on their homepage and why we need 7 (+1, the form) mails?! This demonstrate that great stupidity why the MSN Plus! is needed.
So: This is my mailing with the stupid support team.
09-29-2005 04:07 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by MoZo1
This is from the ppls who've saied that the Plus! is spyware.
Those people NEVER said Plus! contains spyware at all!

FYI, Microsoft is a very big company and consist of different devisions, the devision responsable for Microsoft AntiSpyware are not the same people who are responsable for MSN Messenger.

Please, get your facts strait before flaming people (yes even people/devisions from Microsoft)

quote:
I don't know what spyware have the Plus!(if it have), but this excelent team should stfu when somebody can extend their old program with some trivial options like the Plus! done!
Maybe you should stop flaming and think for a minute. Without that team you wouldn't have any MSN Messenger at all. And you let it seem like adding the things you request are very trivial and easy and that the programmers are simply lazy. Maybe you should learn how to program things for yourself so you'll see it is not that "trivial" at all...

quote:
*Appended: I must compress it, it's too big! :)
Instead of storing the whole thing as html with pictures (which do not work), fonts (which are not easy to read)... why didn't you simply added it as text in the first place?

Also, the use of SFX is indeed not recommended. Not only is is much unsafer (virusses, etc), it also takes extra steps for those who do not want to execute anything thru their browsers. Simply zip/rar it like everybody would instead of creating an SFX...

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
No, he wanted to show his correspondance with the tech support and wanted to complain about it...

quote:
I just want to say that if the /\/\icrosoft cannot do programing, then let others to do it!
There is nothing wrong with the programming skills of the people at Microsoft.

quote:
Second: It's a rar and the SFX archives can be decompressed with your compressing program too. It's not a format. It's an extension.
Wrong! SFX _are_ executable formats and _are_ treated as any other executable.

quote:
Instead of attaching the whole marked up thing, you only needed to attach the text, which is far below 200KB...

I'm sorry but you flame the MS people for their "skills". But maybe you should first improve your skills to do some basic things...

quote:
This is a joke. A black joke. First they've asked me to delete some windows cache and do something with registry.
And that was the proper answer to your first question!!

quote:
Then they've sent a guide to configure that firewalls what I haven't choose from the list on the first form
Which was AGAIN the proper thing to send you according to what you have answered to their questions.

FYI, firewall settings deal with far more than what you might think. And as discussed in that other thread, connection problems are very vast and troublesome.

Do not flame the support team if you fail to understand what they send you!

quote:
I've choosen other instead of them.
Then you wonder why something doesn't work? You ask for help, you get (proper!!!) help and refuse to follow it because you think they didn't answer your questions???....

In that case you should revise your questions and ask the proper things. Support teams answer the questions you ask them. It is not their fault if you ask the wrong question; they can't see what you mean or think, they can only read what you've asked and answer upon that...

quote:
Then they told what is my problem and asked for screenshoot.
And then they've told that, that that option have been removed.
Yes, because after those other mails they realised that you are asking the wrong stuff over and over again and accusing them for being *beeep*. The only solution left for them is to see what you see, without your explaination added to it.

quote:
Then why I cannot find this on their homepage and why we need 7 (+1, the form) mails?!
1) Because everybody can easly see that it has been temporarly removed because it is greyed out.
2) Because you failed to provide the proper questions. If you say you have trouble connecting, they provide you with a solution for that. Saying you have trouble connecting is something totally different than asking why that option is removed!!!!

If I have troubles with the wipers of my car, I don't ask the tech guy why I can't start my car and then start shouting at them if they don't provide me with new wipers immediatly.

quote:
This demonstrate that great stupidity why the MSN Plus! is needed.
So: This is my mailing with the stupid support team.
No!! This demonstrates how some people fail to see that support teams do their best to answer (sometimes very vague) questions from users. And how some users rather flame the support than seeing that they were asking the wrong things in the first place...

They didn't do anything wrong, MoZo1. They answered your questions perfectly... In fact if you would have asked these question on here, you most likely got the very same responses (but less detailed).

This whole issue will (and has) backfired at you, everybody can see by reading those mails that the support team isn't the one to blame here...

Anyways, that's all one thing... another thing is the way you now flame and talk and call those people names and accuse them for the dirt on the street. Sorry, but with this whole issue you lost my respect deeply, new member or not.

This post was edited on 10-10-2005 at 11:07 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-10-2005 10:39 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
It's a rar and the SFX archives can be decompressed with your compressing program too. It's not a format. It's an extension. This is the reason why I'am use it. And the decompressors also have the option to remove the sfx module without decompress the file.
The extension is EXE (which only runs on Windows). So how the hell was I meant to know it's a RAR archive? Do you think I'm some sort of computer psychic? Do you think I have the time to analyse file headers just to find out what format they are?
There's a reason file extensions exist - they're a clue to the format of the file. Just about everyone will see EXE and think 'program'. Not a single one will think 'RAR archive'.
And another thing: even if it was a RAR file, there's no guarantee I could decompress that on Linux. If you really want to compress something, use ZIP - a decompessor exists for pretty much any system.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-10-2005 01:47 PM
MoZo1

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: !!! MSN TECH SUPORT !!! and that grey option...
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
It's a rar and the SFX archives can be decompressed with your compressing program too. It's not a format. It's an extension. This is the reason why I'am use it. And the decompressors also have the option to remove the sfx module without decompress the file.
The extension is EXE (which only runs on Windows). So how the hell was I meant to know it's a RAR archive? Do you think I'm some sort of computer psychic? Do you think I have the time to analyse file headers just to find out what format they are?
There's a reason file extensions exist - they're a clue to the format of the file. Just about everyone will see EXE and think 'program'. Not a single one will think 'RAR archive'.
And another thing: even if it was a RAR file, there's no guarantee I could decompress that on Linux. If you really want to compress something, use ZIP - a decompessor exists for pretty much any system.

So there is no rar decompressor for Linux? Nex time zip then, sry. But I think, sfx is good: any program what could decompress the packed file is able to remove the self-decompressor. And there are a lot of ppl who only know exe...
And you don't need to see the headers because I've wrote down that it's compressed. And you can see the icon if you dl this, that tells it too.
quote:
Those people NEVER said Plus! contains spyware at all!

FYI, Microsoft is a very big company and consist of different devisions, the devision responsable for Microsoft AntiSpyware are not the same people who are responsable for MSN Messenger.

Please, get your facts strait before flaming people (yes even people/devisions from Microsoft)
Maybe. But I wouldn't prefer to eat this.
quote:
Maybe you should stop flaming and think for a minute. Without that team you wouldn't have any MSN Messenger at all. And you let it seem like adding the things you request are very trivial and easy and that the programmers are simply lazy. Maybe you should learn how to program things for yourself so you'll see it is not that "trivial" at all...
I've seen other mesaging programs and almost everyone is better. Why ppl use MSN? Because it's compatible with windows messenger comming with windows. Same why ppls use IE. This is what I dislike: they use their market power instead of programing. Same thing what I hate in the spyware thing.
quote:
No!! This demonstrates how some people fail to see that support teams do their best to answer (sometimes very vague) questions from users. And how some users rather flame the support than seeing that they were asking the wrong things in the first place...

They didn't do anything wrong, MoZo1. They answered your questions perfectly... In fact if you would have asked these question on here, you most likely got the very same responses (but less detailed).

This whole issue will (and has) backfired at you, everybody can see by reading those mails that the support team isn't the one to blame here...

Anyways, that's all one thing... another thing is the way you now flame and talk and call those people names and accuse them for the dirt on the street. Sorry, but with this whole issue you lost my respect deeply, new member or not.
I really tought that I could have some connection problem, but the MSN hadn't gave me any error msg. I tought if the would removed this, they would remove the option too and not grey it out.
I think, this demonstrate that this was an exact question about an option and the could only send back prewrited messages without brain. But this is why the mail is here: everybody can think what he want.

Here is the all think in zip if you need, but I think, I would prefer the html with broken links. Text file would broke the formating and you couldn't see what I did.

This post was edited on 10-11-2005 at 12:06 AM by MoZo1.
10-10-2005 11:58 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
this is halarious..I always say microsoft sucks.....well their support does anyway....
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
10-11-2005 12:59 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: !!! MSN TECH SUPORT !!! and that grey option...
quote:
I've seen other mesaging programs and almost everyone is better. Why ppl use MSN? Because it's compatible with windows messenger comming with windows. Same why ppls use IE. This is what I dislike: they use their market power instead of programing.
Then I suggest you use another messenger program and don't accuse and flame a support team when all they did is helping you. The messenger team (and all the MS programmers in general) can probably program far better than you can. If you so much dislike Microsoft, then don't use Windows.

quote:
I really tought that I could have some connection problem, but the MSN hadn't gave me any error msg. I tought if the would removed this, they would remove the option too and not grey it out.
I think, this demonstrate that this was an exact question about an option and the could only send back prewrited messages without brain.
Excuse me?

1) "Exact question about an option"? You only mentionned that option vaguely between all your "connection problems" in your first mails...

2) "prewritten"? Their responses are NOT totally prewritten at all. Yes there are parts prewitten (headers, footage and the list of options to do), of course there are. If you knew how a support works you would know that they do not write everything character by character 1000 times each day. That would be pure waste of time. They DO however concatenate and form specific personal messages/answers

3) "without a brain"? I think they have more brains than... (you know what I'm going to say here)

But, yes indeed: Everybody can read how the msn support team answered to your first question in a _perfect_ manner and with proper and much detail!!! And in response you post:

quote:
PLEASE! WILL ANYBODY ANSWER ME NORMALLY ONCE?! Ok, the first letter was good, but this is shit. I chosed from the menu at the form that I have another firewall, now you send me this?! And I said that I had got a working MSN before, so I can configure firewalls with it. And the MSN works well, just the direct connect is grey, so my firewall give it acces. So, if you don't know anything just sending these stupid letters, then SEND ME A LETTER THAT TELLS WHY THE CONNECT DIRECTLY TO THE OTHER'S COMPUTER IS GREY! I'am a programer and I can solve problems myself! I just don't get an error mesage, and the MSN see that I'am connecting directly to the net, so I have nothing to solve: MSN works well, but the checkbox is still grey. Can I know from somewhere, why???

I think that tells enough :dodgy:

But indeed, let the people judge for their own, but don't expect that someone is going to agree with you here... ...IMHO

This post was edited on 10-11-2005 at 03:12 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-11-2005 01:59 AM
MoZo1

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: !!! MSN TECH SUPORT !!! and that grey option...
quote:
"Exact question about an option"? You only mentionned that option vaguely between all your "connection problems" in your first mails...
Yes, at this point you would have true... But I don't have my first letter saved caused it's been sent through their web page. It was short, telling I have a problem, that option is grey and the MSN says that I'am connecting directly. And there was a lot of selection and I had to select my firewall and there was every of them that one's configuration guide sent me by mail, and I've choosen other. Then why they send me? And you can see that I didn't told them that I knew what I was doing and done all stupid thing while I didn't know that they even hadn't read my mails.
quote:
Then I suggest you use another messenger program and don't accuse and flame a support team when all they did is helping you. The messenger team (and all the MS programmers in general) can probably program far better than you can. If you so much dislike Microsoft, then don't use Windows.
Yes, you are right! Then as I can send mesages between AIM and ICQ, then I should be able to do this between MSN and others. Then everybody could use his own messenger. I don't want video conference between them, latter, I'am sure, this would be solved too, but first just messages pls! And that would be good too if I would be able to use the same games (like some UT) under Linux that others use under windows. Then I would be able to play with them. This would be the end of the microsoft!(6) And what I really dislike in the microsoft is that, that it could easily pay 2× much or more programers with  this money what it gets because of this strategy and still have so much bugs in its programs.
10-11-2005 03:20 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: