What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Feature request: Direct connect

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
1 votes - 5 average   Feature request: Direct connect
Author: Message:
MoZo1

39 / Male / –
O.P. Wink  Feature request: Direct connect
The "Allow me to connect directly to my contacts when sending messages" option has been greyed out in the MSN 7.5. This would be a bad thing if you would not be, but ... I'am sure, you will solve this much better! :)
I would like to ask a Plus! feature or a plugin that is able to make an audio or an audio/video chat between 2 users(each must have the software of course). And this would be good for file transfer too. File transfer should have a cache to allow resuming the transfer after some trouble. And if this use direct connect, some freely selectable encription would be good too if you could. I would prefer ssl. But the matter is the direct connect!
Thank you very much!

This post was edited on 10-10-2005 at 04:28 AM by MoZo1.
[Image: MoZo1_siggy.jpg]
09-29-2005 07:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
RE: Feature request: Direct connect
quote:
Originally posted by MoZo1
The "Allow me to connect directly to my contacts when sending messages" option has been greyed out in the MSN 7.5. This would be a bad thing if you would not be, but ... I'am sure, you will solve this much better! :)
I would like to ask a Plus! feature or a plugin that is able to make an audio or an audio/video chat between 2 users(each must have the software of course). And this would be good for file transfer too. File transfer should have a cache to allow resuming the transfer after some trouble. And if this use direct connect, some freely selectable encription would be good to if you could. I would prefer ssl. But the matter is the direct connect!
Thank you very much!

Sending files to more than one person at a time would contribute to problems e.g viruses and stuff. Im not an expert but i think its pretty much impossible because of the way msn works, i might be wrong though.
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
10-03-2005 03:03 PM
t1a0s

33 / Male / Flag
If it wasnt possible tho wouldn't they have removed the option completely instead of just greying it out?

Member since 7122 days, 2 hours, 30 minutes, 52 seconds ago.
10-03-2005 08:10 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
audio/video chat between 2 users
I asked this long time ago.

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42...d=430446#pid430446
check that out :)
10-03-2005 08:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
File transfer should have a cache to allow resuming the transfer after some trouble.
The problem with this is how the protocol has been engineered. There's no support for pausing and resuming file transfers I'm afraid.
You'd be best off making this suggestion to the MSN team.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-04-2005 10:34 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by the1andonlysparky
If it wasnt possible tho wouldn't they have removed the option completely instead of just greying it out?

I meant sending to more than one person, not direct connect :P
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
10-04-2005 09:41 PM
MoZo1

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Feature request: Direct connect
Because I would like direct connect, to send more than one person would have not benefits because of the ADSL's upload. But direct connect could be work. MSN have greyed out it, but we could use the Plus!'s server instead. Yes, this is not the way how the MSN works, but the Plus! could work this way.
10-09-2005 02:37 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
If you're using a server (in your suggestiono the Plus! server) then you do not directly connect at all.

In fact you will be having just the kind of connection as MSN Messenger provides when sending files. In fact, it would be even slower, as file transfers on MSN Messenger _will_ use a direct connection if possible...

Direct connecting means you don't use any server or whatever, you directly connect to the computer of your contact...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-09-2005 01:40 PM
MoZo1

39 / Male / –
O.P. RE: RE: Feature request: Direct connect
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you're using a server (in your suggestiono the Plus! server) then you do not directly connect at all.

In fact you will be having just the kind of connection as MSN Messenger provides when sending files. In fact, it would be even slower, as file transfers on MSN Messenger _will_ use a direct connection if possible...

Direct connecting means you don't use any server or whatever, you directly connect to the computer of your contact...

I know what is direct connect and you have to use a server to find the other's IP. So if the MSN's server don't allow this, the Plus!'s one could. Then if the MSN don't use direct connect anymore, 2 MSN with Plus! could! And then other features could be added too like file transfer resume, encription, etc.. And there could be video and sound conference with more than one person with and/or without the server.
10-09-2005 07:38 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Feature request: Direct connect
quote:
I know what is direct connect and you have to use a server to find the other's IP.
You don't need a server to get someone's IP...

quote:
So if the MSN's server don't allow this, the Plus!'s one could. Then if the MSN don't use direct connect anymore, 2 MSN with Plus! could!
If MSN Messenger doesn't allow a direct connection it is because a direct connection couldn't be established because one of you are behind a router blocking a possible direct connection for example (there are other reasons also). Using another server (eg: Plus!) isn't going to change that at all...

This post was edited on 10-09-2005 at 08:03 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-09-2005 08:01 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: