What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » ANOTHER terrorist attack

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
ANOTHER terrorist attack
Author: Message:
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
RE: ANOTHER terrorist attack
To say that the bombing are the direct result of the Iraq war is to delude oneself and to avoid the real issues. Its probally an attempt to score a cheap shot at that war with no real basis in truth.

As i said, Bali is just one attack in an ongoing war that has raged on for the last 2 decades. It is ignorant to say that if Iraq didnt happen that London or Bali owuldnt have! Terrorist attacks on the west would have happened regardless of the Iraq war or not.

I doubt that any of those who blew themselves up on Saturday were involved in Iraq, or were directly affected by it. Their actions were Not provoke by Iraq, but in their quest to continue the "jihhad" on the west.
Rafy.

10-04-2005 04:55 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
steVenB

horny I make you...hmmmm

41 / Male / –
Rafy,

Iraq is not the only reason why terrorism exists, like I have said before US foreign policy is at the root of jihad. Now those attacks on Bali and London effect citizens of those countries that support the US invasion of Iraq. That being said Bin Laden has promised to attack those countries who have supported the Afghan war. Thus those attacks on London and Bali could have been a response to that war as well. But you can’t deny that the Invasion of Iraq did stir up more anti west feelings. This is how they justify the killing of civilians. Civilians pay their taxes, which go towards such things as military weaponary/developement. They see civilians playing a direct role in the war, as they are the ones partially paying for it, there for making them a legitimate target. Sick and twisted but sadly true.

Sure those people who blew themselves up weren't directly involved with the Iraq War but you must understand that all these terrorists around the world are linked with a common bound, a sick twisted version of Islam. They believe that their religion is under attack. They see their Muslim brothers and sisters brutalized by the war and this is why they answer the call to jihad.

Rafy, if you like, you can add me to msn if you like disscussing these sorts of issues.
10-04-2005 02:48 PM
evil_panda

Ahhhh...Rupert

34 / Male / –
I really hope there i no more attacks like this to any country i think that the are useing riligious means to make it okay for them to do this sort of thing to other countries:(
[Image: sig.jpg]
10-04-2005 04:01 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
Terrorism has been around for years, just been covered up. Its a sick and vile thing, but at the moment, its inevitable that it will happen so.. just make each day count, just in case :(

edit: what is the world coming to when a girl of 16 says terrorism is inevitable?

* LittleK shakes head

This post was edited on 10-04-2005 at 10:25 PM by LittleK.
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
10-04-2005 10:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: ANOTHER terrorist attack
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
I just heard on the news it is 22 people dead so far (they said the number had dropped :S).

they did a hospital count and lowered the original estimation ;)

I don't know about these attacks, but the first bali bombings on October 12th 2002 were actually targetted at australia, because it's such a popular tourist destination for australians. imo it's only a metter of time b4 australia is attacked directly, and b4 the US is once again attacked directly. i dont mean to scare anyone, but that just my opinion

This post was edited on 10-05-2005 at 01:37 AM by lordy.
10-05-2005 01:34 AM
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
RE: RE: ANOTHER terrorist attack
quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
i dont mean to scare anyone, but that just my opinion

Fear is the terrorists greatest weapon. Unfortunately it is also self-perpetuating.
Rafy.

10-05-2005 04:13 AM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: