What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » ANOTHER terrorist attack

Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
ANOTHER terrorist attack
Author: Message:
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
RE: ANOTHER terrorist attack
steVenB: Please remember that the terrorists declared war on the west long before Iraq.

Lets see, The African Embassy bombings of the 80s and 90s, the bombing of the USS Cole, the first attacks on the WTC, 9/11 etc.....
Rafy.

10-03-2005 08:19 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: ANOTHER terrorist attack
Terrorists have been around for YEARS and it's certainly not only because of the US! It's the majority of Western Society they are against which includes Australia, UK, France, etc. Terrorism just came into a major focus since 9/11. and that is also when alot of the racism towards muslims began. because most of the terrorists were muslims, many people believe that all muslims are terroists. which of course they are not. you can see my lil post on this ;) http://teaspoondiner.thedt.net/blog/?p=5
10-03-2005 09:45 PM
steVenB

horny I make you...hmmmm

41 / Male / –
RE: RE: ANOTHER terrorist attack

quote:
Im not pro-war in iraqi and i do think that it was about the oil, but the point im making is the us military did not emply terror tactics.

It all depends how you view it. The promise of Shock and awe, was that not a threat which can be viewed as inciting terror? Terror also comes from how civilians are being killed in the cause of hitting military targets? Civilians living in fear that their house might be blown up by some missle trying to hit a military target.???

quote:
But they didnt intend on killing civialians to gain political power. And also if this is the case, why did most of the iraqi population welcome the overthrowing of sadam?

The point is civilians were killed and once saddams regime was overthrown who else was going to run the country. It was obvious that the US would take upon the role of occupier. Thus gaining political power. Why do you assume that most of the iraqi population welcomed the overthrowing of saddam? Is it because CNN told you?  Certainly some people welcomed it but there were others that did not. I reccomend watching the docuementary called the Control Room. Its about US media vs Al jeezra. It explains who those people were when saddams statue was knocked over.

quote:
AFAIK, they are working on handing power back to the iraqi people, but there is still a lot of lawlessness while a decent poilice force is beeing set up, so this is hampering the hand over of power.

This will be the story for a long time. The problem is that those against what the US is doing in Iraq are going to be weary of who is in power because it will be someone who the US supports. Ring any bells...Saddam had american backing until he invaded Kuwait.

quote:
Actually its entirly different, because during the iraqi war it was a declaired war, so all the people knew they may get involved. And where more prepared than anyone is for a suicide bombing (thats not to say that i dont think lose of civilian life in a way is a fair thing).  But with suicide bombings its unexpected and thats what causes the  terror, the uncertantly that anyone could be armed with explosives and willing to kill lots of people.

Sitting in your house eating dinner with your family and then all of a sudden your house gets rocked by a missle that was intended to hit a military target. Isnt that unexpected? I dont think anyone can be truly be prepared for war. Lets not forget that this war was an ILLEGAL war under the United Nations. Any other country would face harsh consequences if they committed such an action. But since its the US they have the crucial Veto power vote which blocks any such sanctions against them.

Im not defending what terrorist do. Its just that to solve the issue we have to look at whats causing it, whats behind the hatred towards the west.

Rafy,
Have you read this entire thread? Of course terrorism has existed before the Iraq war. I said that I was using the Iraq war as an recent example, all those bombings are responses to US foreign policy which includeds the Iraq war but many other policies that have effected that particular regines in the world.

The problem is this, these people who feel oppressed in someway feel that they have no other avenue to achieve their goals so the resort to suicide bombings.  Now I dont agree with it but if we collectively want to end terrorism, we have to look past the excuse of "oh they just hate the west".

I seriously cant go on and type reply after reply so Ill just say read some Noam Chomsky and watch Control Room. Once you have, it will give you some other avenues of interests to look at.
10-03-2005 10:32 PM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by steVenB
I reccomend watching the docuementary called the Control Room. Its about US media vs Al jeezra. It explains who those people were when saddams statue was knocked over.
Lets just argree to you can believe your propaganda and ill believe mine
10-03-2005 10:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
Terrorists have been around for YEARS and it's certainly not only because of the US!
lol.... Off course it is, specially the ones in london, madrid and iraq..

Well these ones in bali are probably not because of the US, i admit, but most that hapenned and that will probably happen are because of USA.

Well i dont really care anymore let them happen, i will start to care when it reaches my country until then there is nothing i can do and im tired of thinking and finding reasons that can justfify why the world has become so crazy so im just kind of "not giving a shit" to the rest of the world, at least in terms of political garbage.
10-03-2005 10:47 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Honestly is bad so many things are being said to be "terrorist attacks". I could see CNN saying that a Building Demolition is a terrorist attack.

LOL hahahaha

This is just :spam:.

This post was edited on 10-03-2005 at 11:33 PM by matty.
10-03-2005 10:54 PM
steVenB

horny I make you...hmmmm

41 / Male / –
RE: RE: ANOTHER terrorist attack
quote:
Originally posted by Madman
quote:
Originally posted by steVenB
I reccomend watching the docuementary called the Control Room. Its about US media vs Al jeezra. It explains who those people were when saddams statue was knocked over.
Lets just argree to you can believe your propaganda and ill believe mine

I guess thats the case. But without seeing both view points, nothing gets solved.
10-03-2005 11:03 PM
Facta

...come se sia l'ultima volta....

34 / – / –
I hate those people who will kill inocent people without a reason,-ther is not a reason to kill someone lol-
10-04-2005 12:19 AM
Pipish

not really active anymore.

31 / Male / Flag
Bali has been targetted again around 40 killed i belive and 100's injured its horrible to see they also belive this is the work of JI

its stands for somthing that i wont even begin to spell
[Image: fcliverpoolfan2xo.gif]
[Image: roosters4yg.jpg]
10-04-2005 01:20 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
I just heard on the news it is 22 people dead so far (they said the number had dropped :S).
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
10-04-2005 01:22 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First « 1 2 3 [ 4 ] 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: