What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » the nooby computer man: RAM

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
the nooby computer man: RAM
Author: Message:
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: the nooby computer man: RAM
also if u want more RAM check the mobo manual so u can see what kind of RAM to get.  like if u have a MOBO that is one of the older ones u can only get RAM sticks that have PC100 or PC133,  but if u have a newwer one u it might be somthing like PC 2400 i dunno but u get the idea.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
10-05-2005 11:37 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Methos2
wait a min, iver just check mobo out on the internet and it says max support is 4gb, and i have 4 RAM slots, hehe, and btw, i need 2gb for my gaming addiction, there is still lag in BF2 with only 1 gb but alot of webies suggest 2gb of RAM, but its will be a nice to have, not a need to have, thanks!!
Thats what i was going to say, whenever a PC Spec is marked as X 180pins they aren't refering to the capacity of the mobo for RAM in GBS, they're talking about slots!
10-05-2005 03:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Methos2
and btw, i need 2gb for my gaming addiction, there is still lag in BF2 with only 1 gb but alot of webies suggest 2gb of RAM, but its will be a nice to have, not a need to have, thanks!!
tbh, I don't believe that at all... The main factor in gaming speed is not if you have 1GB or 2 GB, it is the quality, speed and dedicated memory of your graphics cards (and processor speed, and HDD and/or CDROM speed, cache, etc...) which is the main factor...

Chances are very high that the lag will still be there, 2 GB or not... And maybe in the best scenario you will have a smaller lag, but the amount of money you will spend on that extra GB to avoid a tiny bit of lag you could easly and better have spend in upgrading your graphics cards or what not and have no lag at all...

but in the end, it is your choice and money though...

This post was edited on 10-05-2005 at 03:59 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-05-2005 03:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: the nooby computer man: RAM
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Chances are very high that the lag will still be there, 2 GB or not... but in the end, it is your money though...

Agreed, but the games noways they don't read almost anything from the CDs/DVDs they are just needed for CD check. I'm sure BF2 can run without problems with 1GB RAM, I've seen WoW on 512MB Ram PCs and there's no lag at all. The CPU and Videocard are the mainfactors besides RAM in games (and also internet speed if you're playing online)

This post was edited on 10-05-2005 at 04:00 PM by YottabyteWizard.
10-05-2005 04:00 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
stoshrocket

formerly methos

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: the nooby computer man: RAM
well... internet speed isnt a problem, ive got 2.2mbps that is always on max speeds, but i HAVE got a crappy computer now with only 512mb of RAM, ill just get the 1GB of RAM and see how it runs! thanks!
formerly methos
10-05-2005 06:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: