What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Science Project

Science Project
Author: Message:
TylerG

33 / Male / –
O.P. Science Project
Well I have a science fair coming up and I thought I was going to build a robot instead and enter in a robotics course, but today I learned that you can't do that your freshman year.  So, I wanted to do something with computers and my principle wanted me to try to build a computer on to a keyboard.  LIke the keyboard is the computer I think.  I think she meant like monitor to, like using an old laptop monitor or something but I am not sure, she is crazy:S  Do you think that this idea is possible, and/or do you recomend a better idea?  Thanks for the help:D
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
10-06-2005 02:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Science Project
Maybe it could be possible but the keyboard would need to be really big but i don't think so, and if you're goin to use laptop hardware you would have to sacrifice the whole laptop for your proyect, it COULD work. Why you just don't make a PC with Apple style? A monitor with all the PC hardware inside? Sounds crazy but i think it can work, less risky and more easy. Like you put the mobo on the top of the crt and HDD drive on bottom? :O And the only problem with this freaky idea is the power supply, there wouldn't be space for it and the CRT must be 19 or 21+ of size

This post was edited on 10-06-2005 at 06:01 AM by YottabyteWizard.
10-06-2005 05:56 AM
expert

Im back

31 / Male / –
* expert cant wait to see what tylerg comes up with:P

This post was edited on 10-06-2005 at 06:09 AM by expert.
[Image: bar9sk.jpg]
10-06-2005 06:08 AM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard
Maybe it could be possible but the keyboard would need to be really big but i don't think so, and if you're goin to use laptop hardware you would have to sacrifice the whole laptop for your proyect, it COULD work. Why you just don't make a PC with Apple style? A monitor with all the PC hardware inside? Sounds crazy but i think it can work, less risky and more easy. Like you put the mobo on the top of the crt and HDD drive on bottom? :O And the only problem with this freaky idea is the power supply, there wouldn't be space for it and the CRT must be 19 or 21+ of size
A better idea: use a CRT box, but rip out the CRT. Replace it with a TFT panel, and you'll instaly have tons more room ;)
A bit pricey maybe, but TFTs are getting quite cheap now.
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-06-2005 01:13 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
TylerG

33 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Science Project
quote:
Originally posted by expert
* expert cant wait to see what tylerg comes up with:P
Yeah I will show when finished:P

Yes but my school is going to supply the parts so that problem is taken care of.  The monitor idea is pretty good I will see what my teacher thinks.  Ok thanks, keep up the suggestions:D
[Image: lardotest4on.png]
10-06-2005 07:10 PM
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
i'm using the monitor idea when my fair come :P
10-06-2005 07:43 PM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
I had the monitor screen swap idea, and then I scrolled down and raceprouk ahd already posted it. Well, it's floating around in the back of my head as a possible future mod project, even though it will be an iMac clone.

My suggestions to the idea; have a slot loading optical drive in the front of the monitor, and if there is an unused button on the front of the monitor, use that for the tray button, have only one power cord going into the box, have the mouse and keyboard cords retract into the case, have the computer and monitor both powered by one button, have the system hibernate from the power button and chance the hibernation screen to something like a goodbye message, front usb ports, wireless internet, a picture of a pear with a bit taken out of it as an Apple parody, internal speakers.

I have seen not many CRT monitors with internal speakers, and the ones I have seen had shit speakers, and looked ugly.

Find a way out of acting on the letter that you will get from Apple that says "c**s* *nd d*s*st".

PS I think I have seen a computer in a keyboard before, but I can't remember whether it was a mod project or retail.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
10-07-2005 09:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
is this what we are going to be doing all weekend?
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
10-07-2005 11:32 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
:rofl: yeah i know the monitor idea is very good, in fact I think I'll use it to (Y). Just to make thinkg a lil bit more fun, use BootSkin and a theme Apple style or a 'parodie' of Macs (6)
[Image: 2536.jpg]

This post was edited on 10-07-2005 at 02:44 PM by YottabyteWizard.
10-07-2005 02:36 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: