What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MSN 7 Beta Winks

Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
MSN 7 Beta Winks
Author: Message:
Grue

– / Male / –
RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks
quote:
Originally posted by TheEgyption
Sorrg Guys But i am Kind Of Lost here can any one help me and tell me how to get more winks

any way a friend of mine just send me winks that i don't have and she tells me that she adds them but u here saying that you can't send a wink that your pal don't have ^o) ????

You can send winks that your contact doesn't have. You just can't create your own winks and send them because you need a digital signature. You can buy more winks from ( in msn messenger 7) Actions-->Get more from messenger-->winks.  There are a few winks for free from blue mountain such as these:
http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...95&prodnum=3068337
http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...69&prodnum=3065241
http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...95&prodnum=3065258
04-21-2005 05:24 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Becksboy

Hey everyone! Don't you know that different language of MSN 7.0.0777 full version will have serveral different Winks?

When you just installed MSN, before you logged on to the Internet, your MSN doesn't have any "files" of winks in your computer! But when you log on and connect to the Internet, the Winks will will downloaded! The path is similar to this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Laurent\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\XXXXXXXXXX\Winks3

The tfrXXX.dat represents each default Wink of that language's version. If you delete all file in Winks3, when you log on to MSN next time, it will redownload all same things again but in different file name.

I tried to used all file that I saved when I installed English version, to replace the files after I have install German version. It doesn't work, in instant windows, it will have no winks to use.

BUT if you have install German version before, saved all files in Winks3, after you deleted all files, and relogged in MSN, generally, it will redownload all files in different names, but when you delete all these files, and replace by the files you have saved before(from german version), the Winks in MSN will work again!

So the conclusion is, no matter, if it's the same language version of MSN 7.0.0777, you can replace the files in Winks3, and all default Winks will work well!

And I found that, if we can "hack" the map.dat in Winks3, we can rearrange the Winks then! Since it will check the file size in Winks3 by the data from map.dat!

So anyone knows how to open the map.dat?

Laurent=o)
04-22-2005 02:26 PM
Moi

http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...95&prodnum=3068337
http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...69&prodnum=3065241
http://www1.us.bmamessenger.com/tri/preview.pd?pa...95&prodnum=3065258

Those 3 links are free but only in english..... I looked for it in french and I have to pay 1$ each ..... :|

anyway, I just wanted to say that those .dat can be open with winrar, however it is impossible to modify them since winrar doesn't recognize those files as real .zip or .rar
04-22-2005 09:39 PM
StoleN.GuitaR

RE: RE: MSN 7 Beta Winks
quote:
Originally posted by Becksboy
Hey everyone! Don't you know that different language of MSN 7.0.0777 full version will have serveral different Winks?

When you just installed MSN, before you logged on to the Internet, your MSN doesn't have any "files" of winks in your computer! But when you log on and connect to the Internet, the Winks will will downloaded! The path is similar to this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Laurent\Application Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\XXXXXXXXXX\Winks3

The tfrXXX.dat represents each default Wink of that language's version. If you delete all file in Winks3, when you log on to MSN next time, it will redownload all same things again but in different file name.

I tried to used all file that I saved when I installed English version, to replace the files after I have install German version. It doesn't work, in instant windows, it will have no winks to use.

BUT if you have install German version before, saved all files in Winks3, after you deleted all files, and relogged in MSN, generally, it will redownload all files in different names, but when you delete all these files, and replace by the files you have saved before(from german version), the Winks in MSN will work again!

So the conclusion is, no matter, if it's the same language version of MSN 7.0.0777, you can replace the files in Winks3, and all default Winks will work well!

And I found that, if we can "hack" the map.dat in Winks3, we can rearrange the Winks then! Since it will check the file size in Winks3 by the data from map.dat!

So anyone knows how to open the map.dat?

Laurent=o)

use ResHack... u can use that to create your own MSN backgrounds.. like behind the contact list.

you might be able to use it to ad your own winks..
04-23-2005 07:43 AM
RonHart

Wow thisis an old post.  Cnet has a Winks creator installer listed and also one to transfer winks and Smilies.  The Creator installer would not work at 1st.  After I clost Messenger Plus and the IM Commander I was able to install.  Not sure which created the problem.  After installing the winks I reactavated the the other programs and the winks still work fine.
10-07-2005 04:05 AM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: