What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Adding someone's cell phone to contact

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Adding someone's cell phone to contact
Author: Message:
trini

– / Female / Flag
RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact
I have the option, but the only numbers I can add are US numbers :| Most of my contacts are from Sweden or Estonia, but I can not add numbers for them :(
10-10-2005 08:45 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
esnupe

73 / Male / –
Yes, you're right. I connecto from Portugal and I only have the option to add US numbers in one PC that I have confugured with US English and no option at all from the office pC where I have Windows and other stuff configured in Portuguese. I remember that with ICQ I had the option to add a "non ICQ" contact, meaning I could simply add a phone/cell contact. It's quite a shame.
Mario Pozzetti
Lisbon - Portugal
10-10-2005 10:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Kally

O.P. RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact
Not sure what the problem is but I'm from Montreal and I had this option and out of the blue I don't have it any more.  I have uninstalled and re-installed and same thing.  I have version 7.5.0306
10-10-2005 07:00 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
To be usefull this feature needs to send SMS's. This means it needs to have a local SMS server to work with. Hence this feature depends heavly on the local availability of SMS servers.

Of course this also isn't free. MS (or any other company for that matter) wont pay big cash especially for you to send an SMS. If there isn't a local operator in your country which provide such SMS services you wont have the feature and it also will be useless to add contacts like that (since you would never be able to use them)...
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-10-2005 11:13 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
esnupe

73 / Male / –
Ok, here's the thing: I have my family and a couple of friends who also live in Lisbon and they can be reached through sms. How they did this? Simply by publishing their numbers. Now the problem we're talking here is different: "I" am the one who wants to add a cell contact and I don't seem to be able to do that.
Mario Pozzetti
Lisbon - Portugal
10-11-2005 08:27 AM
Kally

O.P. RE: Adding someone's cell phone to contact
Cookie Revised - I think you have misunderstood the thread.  Obviously you need SMS to do this and I think that was understood.  Also if you will re-read the thread you will notice that it states that this options was available to me so it doesn't explain why all of a sudden I don't have this option. 

All I want to do is add a contact with a cell phone number (mobile Number) - I know this option exists and it was in 7.5 but for some reason it is no longer appearing.  I guess the question is does everyone else have it?  Is it just my MSN or is everyone have a problem with this?

Maybe it's an MSN problem - who knows.

Thanks.
10-11-2005 05:17 PM
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: