What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » This is gettin ridiculus..

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
This is gettin ridiculus..
Author: Message:
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: This is gettin ridiculus..
i like it, everything now a days is getting to be like this so why not toothbrushes, will help out ppl for sure

and cmon, how kool would it be to say that your toothbrush can wipe your ass, ok maybe not that far but its still worth something to gloat about :P
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
10-13-2005 10:35 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
how kool would it be to say that your toothbrush can wipe your ass
And after that you brush your teeth... :P Great breath!

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

10-13-2005 10:38 AM
emit
Disabled Account

Vibrating toothbrushes are a cheap alternative to a vibrator. Girls know what I mean.
10-13-2005 11:20 AM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: This is gettin ridiculus..
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
If you read the features, it isn't that stupid at all.

This 'build in computer' you speak of, is a simple control that let you choose different settings for the brush head, something like 'slow', 'normal', 'fast'...

The extra stuff, eg: you can simply see how long you're brushing (as 2 min is the recommended time), is something very good for many people. Time yourself without looking at a clock, many people often brush much to short, especially children.

Also, the head of the brush gets dirty (of course). Is it that rediculus that the thoothbrush will warn you when it is time to replace the head?

IMO, not rediculus at all and certainly not that "build in super-computer which also makes you a cup of coffee and cleans out your room"...

ok all that but come on its a toothbrush and IMO there are more things out there that need this advancing rather more than toothbrushes, it may tell you everything and have different modes but just the thought of it is going a bit too far IMO. I see new toothbrushes every 2 weeks and who knows what will be next from Oral B, a toothbrush you dont have to hold and just wait till it cleans your teeth?
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

10-13-2005 01:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
ok all that but come on its a toothbrush and IMO there are more things out there that need this advancing rather more than toothbrushes
I highly doubt Oral B is going to quit making toothbrushes and instead starting to develop those "other things"... Oral B is a company that makes toothbrushes, therefore they improve the stuff they make, not other stuff...

quote:
it may tell you everything and have different modes but just the thought of it is going a bit too far IMO.
There is nothing "too far" about it (well, maybe the price is), and those functions are very basic...

eg: 10 years ago, when the first electric toothbrush was made, you could have got one with a slider button which had 4 states: off, slow, normal, fast. This has simply been replaced by a small chip and 1 button, nothing bloated at all.

And this also happens in many, many household equipments. This is the exact same thing as the digital kitchen clock instead of the old thing you need to wind-up, nothing more

You let it sound like it is a 5Ghz lequid cooled super-computer...

quote:
I see new toothbrushes every 2 weeks and who knows what will be next from Oral B, a toothbrush you dont have to hold and just wait till it cleans your teeth?
:rolleyes: be a bit more realistic...

This post was edited on 10-13-2005 at 10:33 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-13-2005 10:32 PM
DragonX

40 / Male / –
quote:

a toothbrush you dont have to hold and just wait till it cleans your teeth?
:lol: that would be sweet (for us lazy programmers ;))

quote:
Originally posted by Time
Vibrating toothbrushes are a cheap alternative to a vibrator. Girls know what I mean.
Now only girls with a bf bad in the sack would need that :P
[Image: dsd-mi_616175.png]
10-13-2005 10:41 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

it may tell you everything and have different modes but just the thought of it is going a bit too far IMO.

There is nothing "too far" about it (well, maybe the price is), and those functions are very basic...

eg: 10 years ago, when the first electric toothbrush was made, you could have got one with a slider button which had 4 states: off, slow, normal, fast. This has simply been replaced by a small chip and 1 button, nothing bloated at all.

And this also happens in many, many household equipments. This is the exact same thing as the digital kitchen clock instead of the old thing you need to wind-up, nothing more

You let it sound like it is a 5Ghz lequid cooled super-computer...

well ok im not going to argue against improving things but maybe improving the size/shape/material of the brush itself, i mean i've had many toothbrushes in different shapes and they all do the same job, i brush for 2 minutes, brush the same way with every toothbrush but still get the same result...

quote:
quote:

I see new toothbrushes every 2 weeks and who knows what will be next from Oral B, a toothbrush you dont have to hold and just wait till it cleans your teeth?

be a bit more realistic...

why? You never know. There could be a new toothbrush where you sit down and the device has a mouthpiece with the U-shape, so you just put it your mouth and press the button and the brushes on the U-Shape brush your teeth on the sides and top while you can sit down and lets say if you are a girl you can do your make up or do any kinds of stuff..

10-13-2005 11:07 PM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by beamykitty
I could just imagine myself standing there at my Dressing table doing my hair while all this toothpaste goop runs out the corner of my mouth:D ..though i think if a device was availiable I would try...
  I tried to slip my jeans on with one hand and brush my teeth at same time once  it got a little messy~!:o)

well no problem, there could be a cup or something of that kind under the chin so whatever drips, drips onto to the cup :P

10-13-2005 11:18 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
well modern day technology evolves daily :D

for example the text kettle they invented... you text it to tell it to boil

toothbrushes have fancy goods to make them sell better... and to play pinball for the brushing time :D (i wish)
10-13-2005 11:21 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: This is gettin ridiculus..
quote:
well ok im not going to argue against improving things but maybe improving the size/shape/material of the brush itself, i mean i've had many toothbrushes in different shapes and they all do the same job, i brush for 2 minutes, brush the same way with every toothbrush but still get the same result...
they improve the size/shape/material all the time...

quote:
why? You never know. There could be a new toothbrush where you sit down and the device has a mouthpiece with the U-shape, so you just put it your mouth and press the button and the brushes on the U-Shape brush your teeth on the sides and top while you can sit down and lets say if you are a girl you can do your make up or do any kinds of stuff..
That's not exactly a toothbrush anymore is it? Btw, such things exist (but they aren't electronic devices like you describe them; they are simply mouthpieces which you need to put some pasta on and hold it in for x minutes, or overnight or whatever; and it doesn't dribble :p)...

This post was edited on 10-14-2005 at 12:13 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-14-2005 12:06 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: