What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » STUPID COMPUTER!!!!!!

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
STUPID COMPUTER!!!!!!
Author: Message:
superjugy

I'm MegaMan Master, see my website!!

35 / Male / Flag
RE: STUPID COMPUTER!!!!!!
When i start my computer, it takes some minutes to load completely the system, cause lots of programs aand hardware that needs programs need to load when you startup your computer, example: Norton, Itunes, Firewalls, sometimes Msn Messenger. what happens is that when it is loading and using the process and the RAM and you double click a shortcut then you are making you pc overwhelm. maybe thats what is making it crash. what i think you should do is see what programs open with the start up and disable the ones that arent really necesary and wait until the system is fully loaded to start using your computer.
10-16-2005 04:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by superjugy
what i think you should do is see what programs open with the start up and disable the ones that arent really necesary and wait until the system is fully loaded to start using your computer.
And for this, the best program to aid you the search for these startup items is AutoRuns, a program from SysInternals.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-16-2005 05:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
ray18

Rock's dead long live Paper&scissors

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: STUPID COMPUTER!!!!!!
Thanks for all the advice I have hardly anything that starts up when I log on. Thanks for the link CookieRevised I deleted some stuff that I didn't want to startup at the startup and thanks Superjugy i'll try that next time.

--RaY--
10-17-2005 07:57 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
cardshark

Insanity at its Finest

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
quote:
Originally posted by superjugy
what i think you should do is see what programs open with the start up and disable the ones that arent really necesary and wait until the system is fully loaded to start using your computer.
And for this, the best program to aid you the search for these startup items is AutoRuns, a program from SysInternals.

Cookie, do you know any easy way to reorganize the order programs boot in during startup? This allows you to disable programs and keep them from starting at all, but not to change the point in the order that they start.
10-17-2005 03:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: STUPID COMPUTER!!!!!!
[OFF TOPIC]

quote:
Originally posted by cardshark
Cookie, do you know any easy way to reorganize the order programs boot in during startup? This allows you to disable programs and keep them from starting at all, but not to change the point in the order that they start.
Because you can't order them...

Windows is multitasking, this means there is no way to know what is started up first, and certainly no way to know what is ended starting up first. It can be program A one day and program B the other day...

This is impossible without making your own startup program...

Thus the only thing you can do is make your own startup program. This program should be the _only_ thing which starts up and thus listed in all those startup entries. The program itself, starts up your other stuff in a controlled way: It starts up program A, waits till it has finished starting up, then starts up program B, etc...

To do this in the proper way isn't so easy or strait forward. Maybe some program exists which does this, I don't know, search google... But even then you need to test this out first before blindfully trust on this application as there are many things which can go wrong or even don't work... (eg: I wouldn't trust an app made by some random guy right away; the guy needs to have good knowledge about all this in order to make this program perform decently and not just start A, start B, start C with some shell function as that wouldn't work in some circumstances).

A side effect which is certain to happen is that you boot up time will be _significantly_ longer if you use such workaround though...

[/OFF TOPIC]

This post was edited on 10-17-2005 at 04:52 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-17-2005 04:48 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Mike
Elite Member

Meet the Spam Family!

31 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Maybe some program exists which does this, I don't know
Yes, there is a program doing this called StartUp Faster
YouTube closed-captions ripper (also allows you to download videos!)
10-17-2005 07:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: