What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Event Log Question

Event Log Question
Author: Message:
salepelletier2002

O.P. Huh?  Event Log Question
Hey, I'm new here, and I just recently downloaded Messenger Plus version 3.61.145.  I love the added features, but I had a question about the event log window.  I searched the forums first, but I couldn't find anything that was as specific as the question I had.

Ok, so when I signed on to MSN this morning, I saw one of my contacts go offline just as I signed on.  In the contact information, it shows the contact as going offline 1 minute ago or so.  But if I open the event log window, it does not show any record of this contact having gone offline.  Does that mean they were never online this morning?  Could it be that this person came online after I turned off my computer last night, and it's just showing them as going offline now?  I guess I'm just wondering if the contact was actually online now, or if it was just updating from last night?

Sorry if this is confusing, I just don't know how better to explain it.  Any help would be great!
10-11-2005 01:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Event Log Question
The Event Log responds to events, hence the name. I'm guessing that the Contact Info is inaccurate in this case, because your contact will have already signed out before you signed in. The fact you noticed this was probably the result of the contact list synchronising with the server.

Basically, nothing to worry about ;)
[Image: spartaafk.png]
10-12-2005 12:56 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
salepelletier2002

O.P. RE: Event Log Question
Thanks for the help!  I figured the Event Log Window is probably more accurate than the contact information, but I just wanted to make sure. 
10-14-2005 03:16 AM
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
hey, i cant help sorry :( but i am wondering abaout this matter too, when ever  i check my event log window it is blank, any reasons why?
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
10-16-2005 04:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
trini

– / Female / Flag
RE: RE: Event Log Question
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
hey, i cant help sorry :( but i am wondering abaout this matter too, when ever  i check my event log window it is blank, any reasons why?

Preferences-Logging-Event Logging, is the box Record all messenger events in a file checked?
10-17-2005 06:48 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
they arent set to save in a file but on the old version of plus they would just log it in the event log window
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
10-17-2005 07:18 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Normally when the event log window is blank even when there are events that "should" be recorded its because Plus! is logging those events for another Messenger session on your computer instead. If you have multiple MSN Messengers running (polygamy) then the last account that is signed on will have the events logged properly. (If you have Windows Messenger running in the background, msmsgs.exe in the task manager shown, then Plus! is probably trying to log that instead.) The workaround is to infact open the event log asap and close it and Plus! should properly log the events. Anything problems that deal with multiple MSN Messengers being run Patchou wont fix (as long as it works when there is only one MSN Messenger running) since he doesn't really support the use of polygamy.
10-17-2005 08:32 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: