What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Stuffplug no more work until next year

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Stuffplug no more work until next year
Author: Message:
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Stuffplug no more work until next year
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
If TB does nothing until then then he would need to give the sorce so we can add the favourite features to other plugins eg phoenix :)
He wouldn't have to do anything, TB uses up his free time to make something that you all use and if he decides he doesn't want to / doesn't have time to work on it for a while then he can do what he wants, he doesn't owe anyone anything or doesn't have to give anyone the source code.

I mean FFS if your lives revolve around StuffPlug so much you can't cope without a new release then I think you all need to find some serious help.

[/rant]

This post was edited on 10-29-2005 at 12:48 PM by Dempsey.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
10-29-2005 12:47 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
TB uses up his free time to make something that you all use and if he decides he doesn't want to / doesn't have time to work on it for a while then he can do what he wants, he doesn't owe anyone anything or doesn't have to give anyone the source code.

I mean FFS if your lives revolve around StuffPlug so much you can't cope without a new release then I think you all need to find some serious help.

[/rant]
totally agreed, tho stuffplug is one of my favourite msn related tools, im not gonna try get hm to do something he does not have to

cant wait till your back TB so we can get started on testing new features fo SPNG, till then good luck   (Y)
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
10-29-2005 12:55 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
quote:
If TB does nothing until then then he would need to give the sorce so we can add the favourite features to other plugins eg phoenix :)
He wouldn't have to do anything, TB uses up his free time to make something that you all use and if he decides he doesn't want to / doesn't have time to work on it for a while then he can do what he wants, he doesn't owe anyone anything or doesn't have to give anyone the source code.

[/rant]
Do remember tho that wtbw is the one that showed TB how to start out in the MSN Messenger world. I think if some new developer asks him to share the code so he can continue it himself he should at least share some. I just hope he thinks of the community and fans of stuffplug.

That being said I wish the best for TB.

This post was edited on 10-29-2005 at 01:00 PM by riahc4.
10-29-2005 12:59 PM
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
I just hope he thinks of the community and fans of stuffplug.
Again, as said before, he is not obligated to do that.

Anyway, did he mean 2006 or 2007? I think it's exaggerated to think he meant 2007.

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

10-29-2005 02:33 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Stuffplug no more work until next year
I think he will continue, maybe release some compatiblity updates but all i only use stuffplug for is when someone leaves the convosation. Which anyone can make in a new plugin :P
10-29-2005 02:35 PM
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
2 years can  be long enough untill someone comes out with a new plugin, so who knows if everyone will be still using it for such along time knowing that there is something that out takes it. in the mean time wish the best to TB and lets hope he can get back at it assap...Good luck on your studies too (Y)
[Image: guanako20.png]
10-29-2005 04:48 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
quote:

[/rant]

I agree at 99% with u, the 1% I'm against is simply the way you expressed urself, like if u wanted to kill everyone..

I got almost the same problem with my radio station, ppl keep on asking me when it will be back.. but damn.. i have no time to even finish my school projects.. how am I suposed to find time to do radio.. ? :S I think it really is too bad for StuffPlug.. because it is such a good plugin, I really like it, ven though I don't use it so much. I was looking forward to the new features. I hope W2M will noy be affected as well, but I understand TB and wish him goodluck in his studies :)
10-29-2005 06:24 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
x2zen

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
I wasn't saying that I won't spend any time on it anymore this year,
I'm saying that this year will be really busy for me, with exams and stuff, and I don't think I can spend a lot of time on SP. I know from other projects that mostly they tend to die once the developer starts his final year before uni, and I'm just saying that although I might not be active this year, I'm sure I will next year
10-29-2005 06:49 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Stuffplug no more work until next year
quote:
Originally posted by x2zen
quote:
I wasn't saying that I won't spend any time on it anymore this year,
I'm saying that this year will be really busy for me, with exams and stuff, and I don't think I can spend a lot of time on SP. I know from other projects that mostly they tend to die once the developer starts his final year before uni, and I'm just saying that although I might not be active this year, I'm sure I will next year

which means 2006 not 2007:P :)

I wish him good luck with his studies:)
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
10-29-2005 07:23 PM
Karlita x_X

I want your heart

36 / Female / –
this is a good plug-in, well GoOd LuCk on your school stuffs
10-30-2005 03:30 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »