What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Bug Reports » Tabbed Chat (graphical) bug

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Tabbed Chat (graphical) bug
Author: Message:
Quantic-Tarantin

O.P. Tabbed Chat (graphical) bug
When I have a tabbed chat window, the tabs are always black (no skin) (even if from time to time they are skinned normally, when a new conversation is just lanched...but it turns black again when I resize the window, for example...)

It looks like that:
[Image: !.png]

This post was edited on 10-30-2005 at 05:53 PM by Quantic-Tarantin.
10-30-2005 05:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Tabbed Chat (graphical) bug
Have you used the Messenger Plus! Tweak and changed the values for SideBarColour and SideBarColour2?
10-30-2005 05:56 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Did you use msgplus tweak to change the value? Or ronaldo's slate fixer patch? these change the clour of the tabbed area. If so remove then or re insatlling Messenger Plus!

When I say Rolando's Patch i am referring to this: :)
10-30-2005 05:56 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
They turn black because the background color of the background picture you use is black. Plus! uses this color to color the background of the extra added space in the window. This is quite normal behaviour and makes that everything keeps the same color/scheme...

To change this, do as Matty suggested.
Also see http://msgpluslive.net/help/registry/

-
EDIT: link updated

This post was edited on 02-03-2008 at 06:44 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
10-30-2005 06:50 PM
aaa3

hi, first of all i'm sorry for topic hijacking and necroposting ;)
(but my error is quite similar.)
secondly, i searched both manually and using search function ("tab black" was invalid coz of 3 char word, "tabs black" gave this topic)

the difference is that im using a clean msn with no addons (no "Clean Messneger" but a clean Messenger :P ), so its not the skin. my tabs sidebar is completely black, i cannot see anything except the presence icons. when mouse is moved over the tabs, the names are appear in the "popup" text or idk how to call that (the thing that usually used to contain short help or hints). the problem is totally independent of windows minimizing, other apps running, et c., it always occurs when 2 or more taps are open. also independent on tabs placing (left or top), tabs size.

any solution, patch is known?

(xp sp2 hungarian, updated. latest live and latest plus. vista inspirat skinpack for the windows but i guess its not that coz afair i had the problem even before it was installed, since the very moment i installed plus.)

This post was edited on 01-31-2008 at 09:31 PM by aaa3.
01-31-2008 09:23 PM
aaa3

Sad  RE: Tabbed Chat (graphical) bug
bump? no one has any idea?:$
02-02-2008 08:07 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Have you tried CookieRevised's solution?
quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
They turn black because the background color of the background picture you use is black. Plus! uses this color to color the background of the extra added space in the window. This is quite normal behaviour and makes that everything keeps the same color/scheme...

To change this, do as Matty suggested.Also see http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php
02-03-2008 04:56 AM
aaa3

first of al,, thx very much for you had the trouble to make an answer post for me :)
but secondly, i've already tried the link when first time opened and read the thread and link doesn't work, redirects to its home page :$ (http://www.msgpluslive.net/)

This post was edited on 02-03-2008 at 03:46 PM by aaa3.
02-03-2008 03:45 PM
Volv
Skinning Contest Winner

34 / Male / Flag
Hmm good point, didn't realise how old this thread was.
The new link is http://msgpluslive.net/help/registry/
02-03-2008 05:00 PM
aaa3

thx!
yepp when i was surfing the site searching for solution i have already saw checked that page i just didnt know that it is the same.:P
btw, checked again, there is no sidebarcolour in the list with ctrl-f, and when i read it thorough myself i didnt found anything even similar that would deserve a try.

Now i carefully read again this thread, and tried that "tweak" but with the same result. (not even 1 usefully-looking variable in the very brief list).

Then, i thought, why didnt i try the simplest way, regedit?
that was a good idea because i could see th full list of variables, btw, no such keys were thhere as sidebarcolour or sidebarcolour 2. the list was so long i didnt read the other keys.

the other link was the "patch" thingy, i didnt tried it yet... (ok i tried but it said it needs an unmodified wlm this means no plus! :S )

sooo, i should read the whole list of variables in regedit looking for something useful, colour -related stuff, and i should remove plus, apply that tweak, and reinstall plus? im unwilling to do the latter, especially when i consider tabs are only present in plus so how can a patch for plain wlm could fix the tabs in the plus? and i dont want to remove plus anyway :S)

This post was edited on 02-04-2008 at 05:14 AM by aaa3.
02-04-2008 05:06 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: