What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Windows Live Messenger (New official name for MSN Messenger 8.0)

Pages: (21): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger (New official name for MSN Messenger 8.0)
Author: Message:
Hüstich

– / Male / –
RE: Windows Live Messenger (New official name for MSN Messenger 8.0)
Oh, sorry for that, i've edited my post, the link is gone. But you have to edit your quote for the link to dissapear

This post was edited on 11-03-2005 at 09:31 PM by Hüstich.
[Image: hustich.png]
11-03-2005 09:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
Looks like an overly stupid bloatware. If they have a simpler version i'll use that.
AC3
11-03-2005 09:53 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
it's too hard to find ur damn contacts.. I mean the design isn't bad if there's 5 persons online but gosh when I got 52, it's rlly not good at all !
11-03-2005 10:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
guanako
Veteran Member

ALbert0

37 / Male / Flag
oh people if dont like it stop using it, is not even official beta yet
[Image: guanako20.png]
11-03-2005 10:14 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
-rafy-

36 / Male / –
quote:
When do I get to play?
Posted by Paul.

We’ve been busy reading all the comments in the blog so far, and one of the most common comments we’ve seen so far is “Can I get a copy of the beta?” We’re working hard to do just that right now. We want you to have Windows Live Messenger as much as we do!

We’ve still got some things to do before we release it to the world. In the meantime, I’d like to explain how the process is going to work:

* Right now, we (the team making Windows Live Messenger) are pretty much the only ones running WLM. We’re still busy finding bugs, fixing them, and making everything work better for you.
    * When we’re ready, we’ll release an early beta version to a limited set of users (they used to be called our “butterflies” – I guess we need a new name!) These folks will take the time to play with an early version, report bugs, and tell us what they think about it before it’s already in the hands of millions of users.
    * Since it’s no fun testing new features when you don’t have any friends to test them with, our initial butterflies (We still need a new name!) will get to invite a few friends to play with the new version with them.
    * Over time, people will get more invitations, until one day, there’s no need – everyone can download it and play with it.

Now, everyone’s going to ask me “Where can I get an invite, or get on the list for an invite?” I’m the purveyor of bad news – you can’t yet. But, we promise to let you know as soon as we’re ready! In the meantime, you might want to find a butterfly (I’ll still miss the name!) and befriend them, because you’ll want to be on their short list when they get to choose who to invite to play with them!

WARNING: Finally, some of you may be so excited to use Windows Live Messenger that you’re tempted to try out a “hacked” version. Please don’t use it or link to it here – an unsupported alteration of our code can cause unpredictable behavior – including but not limited to exposing yourself to malware, spyware, viruses, or other software harmful to your computer.
Rafy.

11-03-2005 11:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Hüstich
Mess.be posted a link on where to download Windows Live Messenger 8.

What part of, do not hint were to get it don't you understand? People, this is a ALPHA that has been leaked off the MS servers by mistake. Sure, there may be a hack out there. But it is not recommended to use it because it could do damage. Remember, when things are in BETA they still have alot of bugs. Hell, this isn't even in BETA yet (According to some..), it's still in Alpha stage. MSN has things yet to come, I assure yall. What was it that Leah had said before, "You aint seen nothing yet" :D.

My advice, don't use it unless you are a beta tester.

OH AND BY THE WAY. For those of you who WANT to test Windows Messenger Live, CLICK HERE. You'll be taken to a Sign-In page were you will then receive a confirmation. You'll then be placed on the waiting list :).
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
11-04-2005 03:06 AM
Curtis

31 / Male / Flag
I hop that when it comes out someone will make a classic msn messenger skin for it.  That would be so awesome.
11-04-2005 05:37 AM
Hüstich

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Windows Live Messenger (New official name for MSN Messenger 8.0)
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:
Originally posted by Hüstich
Mess.be posted a link on where to download Windows Live Messenger 8.

What part of, do not hint were to get it don't you understand? People, this is a ALPHA that has been leaked off the MS servers by mistake. Sure, there may be a hack out there. But it is not recommended to use it because it could do damage. Remember, when things are in BETA they still have alot of bugs. Hell, this isn't even in BETA yet (According to some..), it's still in Alpha stage. MSN has things yet to come, I assure yall. What was it that Leah had said before, "You aint seen nothing yet" :D.

My advice, don't use it unless you are a beta tester.

Post deleted, il never do that again :)

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis

I hop that when it comes out someone will make a classic msn messenger skin for it.  That would be so awesome.

Yeah, i agree, and i think MSN should make some official skins for it...
[Image: hustich.png]
11-04-2005 08:36 AM
find_your_spot

– / Male / Flag
I don't like it.
In my eyes it lookes to much Mac..
[Image: sig.jpg]
11-04-2005 11:56 AM
hmaster

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by find_your_spot
I don't like it.
In my eyes it lookes to much Mac..
What messenger are you looking at :P

This post was edited on 11-04-2005 at 12:19 PM by hmaster.
[Image: sig.png]
11-04-2005 12:15 PM
Pages: (21): « First « 8 9 10 11 [ 12 ] 13 14 15 16 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: