What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » MVP

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
MVP
Author: Message:
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. MVP
you know the MVP program i was wondering whats the point of it , how do you get in it and where do you go to see whos in it?
11-06-2005 04:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: MVP
quote:
Originally posted by joelm
you know the MVP program i was wondering whats the point of it , how do you get in it and where do you go to see whos in it?

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=Microsoft+MVP...oogle+Search&meta=
11-06-2005 04:40 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MVP
i still dont understand how to become one someone please explain it in words i understand
11-06-2005 04:48 AM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
i still dont understand how to become one someone please explain it in words i understand

MVPs are recognized for their participation in technical communities. Read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information. If you would like to be considered for MVP recognition, start by participating in the Microsoft Communities!

from http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

which is the first result in the post i gave to u
11-06-2005 04:50 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: MVP
quote:
Originally posted by lp15
quote:

MVPs are recognized for their participation in technical communities. Read our Frequently Asked Questions for more information. If you would like to be considered for MVP recognition, start by participating in the Microsoft Communities!

from http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

which is the first result in the post i gave to u

what do they mean by  technical communities?
11-06-2005 04:52 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
No offence Joelm, but if you don't know what they mean by "Technical Communities" perhaps you should look for something a little easier/different.

This post was edited on 11-06-2005 at 04:56 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
11-06-2005 04:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: MVP
quote:
Originally posted by linx05
No offence Joelm, but if you don't know what they mean by "Technical Communities" perhaps you should look for something a little easier/different.

lol i no what the word means but i dont no what its talking about is it talking about fourms like this is talking about news gruops like microsoft has?
11-06-2005 04:59 AM
SikStyles

DeathCult

34 / Male / Flag
Joelm read this:

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1: What is the Microsoft MVP award?

A1: The Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) Award is an annual award that is given to outstanding members of Microsoft's peer-to-peer communities, and is based on the past year's contributions those members make in those communities online and offline.

Q2: Why does the award exist?

A2: Microsoft believes that a robust, interactive user community is key to helping customers maximize the solutions and benefits from their software investments. The MVP Award is the way Microsoft recognizes those participants who have made a highly positive impact in the technical and product communities in which they participate. Microsoft wants community participants and leaders to know that their contributions are greatly appreciated. The MVP Award exists as a way to reach out to and thank outstanding members for their past participation and willingness to help others in these communities, both online and offline.

Q3: How does Microsoft award the MVPs?

A3: The MVPs are awarded through a nomination period where their past year's contributions to the technical community are compared against those of their peers. Recipients of the award are determined through review cycles in that nomination period.

Q4: Are Microsoft MVPs experts in all Microsoft technologies and products?

A4: No. Although many MVPs have in-depth knowledge of more than one product or technology, none of them are experts in all Microsoft technologies or products.

Q5: Do MVPs represent Microsoft?

A5: No. MVPs are not employees of Microsoft nor do they speak on Microsoft's behalf. MVPs are third party individuals who have simply received an award from Microsoft.

Q6: Do Microsoft MVPs receive any payment from Microsoft?

A6: No. The Microsoft MVP Program does provide a small award of software and other benefits in its core program offering, but MVPs do not receive any monetary payment from the Microsoft MVP Program.

Q7: How long does the Microsoft MVP Award last?

A7: It lasts for the duration of one year. The period between awards is considered an award year during which award recipients are free to refer to themselves as a Microsoft MVP and enjoy all other program privileges included with the award.

Q8: What does Microsoft expect of its MVPs?

A8: Because the MVP Award is an award-based program with criteria based on past contributions, Microsoft has no expectations of MVPs beyond the expectations of courtesy, professionalism, code of conduct and adherence to the community rules that we ask of all Microsoft community members. These rules can be found on the Microsoft Communities code of conduct page.

Q9: How can I become a Microsoft MVP?

A9: Individuals are nominated to be considered for MVPs by their peers or Microsoft based on activities in the offline or online technical communities. The MVP Program and annual award is based solely on an individual's contributions from the previous year and those contributions are then compared amongst the other candidates for any given nomination cycle to determine who will be awarded.

Being that the contributions are the decision of the individual, the program is agnostic about what can or cannot prevent those contributions. We look at the entire year's contributions, in total, and make the determination following the review process during the nomination cycle.

Q10: How do I get the contact information of Microsoft MVPs?

A10: While you can find a list of all current MVPs on our awardees page, we do not list contact information given privacy and security reasons.

Q11: How do I get in contact with the MVP program team?
A11: Email MVPGA@microsoft.com for the universal contact for anyone who wishes to get in touch with the MVP Program Team.

Feel free to contact the Microsoft MVP Program for any questions, comments, or suggestions about the MVP Program.
You're still breathing? Why?
Get off the cross, the wood is needed.
[Image: userbar.jpg]

11-06-2005 05:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: MVP
i have read it allready
11-06-2005 05:19 AM