What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » xp key

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
xp key
Author: Message:
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
O.P. xp key
yeah well i had to restart my computer and then it said i have to install windows and when i put the key thing in it says its invalid...and i somehow got my 2nd hardrive to boot and im on win 98 and i was wondering if there was a way to find out what key to use by searching in the folders or something??:S

This post was edited on 11-07-2005 at 11:15 PM by dylan!.
11-07-2005 11:14 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Reaper
Veteran Member

35 / Male / Flag
RE: xp key
well if your computer came loaded with XP when you bought it, theres a sticky on the side of your computer with your key on it
11-07-2005 11:15 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
i have a keyfinder program for xp.... if ur interested?

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
11-07-2005 11:18 PM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: xp key
quote:
Originally posted by M73A
i have a keyfinder program for xp.... if ur interested?
interested...but would it work?...i mean...i think i dont have that hardrive anymore...well i do but when i reboot it it goes to the xp setup for like halfway through and for like 3 mins then i have to register...but...i dont think it has a key or anything anymore because when i go into my computer theres only one harddrive...or is it just limited due to the fact that im on win 98??....pm me:D
11-07-2005 11:21 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
Unfortunatley the MagicJellyBean KeyFinder has to be run on Windows XP to find the key.

The key is stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion - DigitalProductID but the key is encrypted.

Have you tried using the Windows XP sticker on the side of the PC? If you don't have one you might be using a  key found on the web. Does this key happen to start with FCKGW? If so which version of Windows are you trying to install it on? Because that key was for the Windows XP Corporate with no Service Packs or activation. More of a Volume License Kit.
11-07-2005 11:30 PM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Unfortunatley the MagicJellyBean KeyFinder has to be run on Windows XP to find the key.

The key is stored in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion - DigitalProductID but the key is encrypted.

Have you tried using the Windows XP sticker on the side of the PC? If you don't have one you might be using a  key found on the web. Does this key happen to start with FCKGW? If so which version of Windows are you trying to install it on? Because that key was for the Windows XP Corporate with no Service Packs or activation. More of a Volume License Kit.
no sticker on side8-) i dont know what it starts with...and im installing it on windows xp professional and i beleive i has sp2...so am i screwed or what?
11-07-2005 11:33 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dylan!
quote:

no sticker on side8-) i dont know what it starts with...and im installing it on windows xp professional and i beleive i has sp2...so am i screwed or what?
What is the product key you are trying to use actually for? Each version of Windows has their own product key series. One for Windows 98 wont work on Windows XP.
11-07-2005 11:37 PM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
oh...its RXHK3-

This post was edited on 11-07-2005 at 11:48 PM by dylan!.
11-07-2005 11:39 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by dylan!
RXHK3
I suggest removing the rest of the key, but how come if I search google for it I can find it... :P

Might be that the key is being blocked by Microsoft but that would only happen during registration. Make sure you typed the key properly.

Often people make mistakes when typing: R369B : Could the 9 be a Q or the B an 8 or the 6 a G or the 3 a B?

This post was edited on 11-07-2005 at 11:50 PM by matty.
11-07-2005 11:44 PM
dylan!

l33t p4int3r

– / Male / Flag
quote:
the key is being blocked by Microsoft but that would only happen during
yes ive tried that and others multiple times
11-07-2005 11:49 PM