What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Overcloacking problems?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Overcloacking problems?
Author: Message:
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. Overcloacking problems?
For the first time I overcloacked my AMD 2500+ 1.86GHz to 2.3GHz (11x 166 FSB -> 12x 185), the system looks like it can run perfectly, but a file windows system file got corrupted, is this normal and one of the risks when overcloacking, or my speed is too high? Because i've seen people how can get this same CPU to 3.0 GHz aprox. :O Overcloaking experts suggestions?

Now Q2: Do anybody knows of a good offline translating software? I just found some programs but requiries internet connection:@

This post was edited on 11-14-2005 at 07:02 AM by YottabyteWizard.
11-12-2005 05:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
n0n4m3

44 / Male / Flag
RE: Overcloacking problems? & Translating
Hi,
first is overclocking not overcloacking :P normally files don't get corrupted by overclocking. Two things you have to be careful is CPU overheating and it may cause failures on windows (but not corrupting files unless the computer freezes when writing a file).

As for the dictionary, try power translator pro.
11-12-2005 09:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
n0n4m3 is right. Overclocking shouldn't cause corrupted files. Also, if you increase a 10% or 20% your CPU speed, it shouldn't be a problem, either. Just be sure you have a good fan.
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
11-12-2005 10:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Overcloacking problems? & Translating
I do have a good fan, also manual velocity panel. The thing is the temperature is controlled, but when loading up windows or even closing windows (OS) the system freezes up and the auto-reboots, but when playing or just going around Windows nothing happens. I'll try going around 10%-20% and see how it goes... Thanks both of you :)
11-12-2005 10:54 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
By the way..I have a Intel P4 2.8 Ghz that's normally on 51ēC / 123 F and the motherboard it normally at 32 ēC / 89 F (I have asus probe to see those stuff)..So i'd like to know if i could overclock my processor..for like 3.0 Ghz..Is that easy to do ? I know zilch about Overclocking..
11-12-2005 10:54 PM
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Overcloacking problems? & Translating
2.8 to 3.0 is easy, no problems. But be sure your computer has a good fan anyway.
11-12-2005 11:09 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by YottabyteWIzard

2.8 to 3.0 is easy, no problems. But be sure your computer has a good fan anyway.
It's easy ? Great :tongue:
I have 2 fans, one that came originally and i installed other myself..they both work perfectly..can you give me a link to a guide so i can do it :p?
11-12-2005 11:12 PM
Apatik

\o/

– / Male / Flag
Blah, don't forget to lock the AGP/PCI frenquency to 66/33MHz, otherwise it will increase along with the FSB's, and you might get your data corrupted (as IDE frequency depends on PCI's)...

Second thing, to know if an o/c is really stable, just booting windows and messenger isn't enough. You should "burn" (load the CPU with heavy tasks to test its stability) the CPU with a software like SuperPI or OCCT (or CPU Burn, etc.).

Third thing, a fan is a thing, a heatsink is another :p (even if you put a fan on a heatsink, haha), but yeah, avoid overheating you CPU.  (use monitoring software such as Motherboard Monitor, Everest, Speedfan, etc.) An "acceptable" CPU temperature under full load would be around 60 to 70°C (less is better).
[Image: rdmazu.php]
11-13-2005 12:26 AM
paperless
Veteran Member

Saved by the bell

34 / Male / Flag
Im not a CPU overclocker but i read a lot and... Johny your CPU is kinda hot in idle..I dont suggest you to OC it..

Yottabyte if your computer freezes or reboots thats a common symptom of overheating, offcourse your computer doesnt when you are normally working with window because it isnt in stress.

And not all processors are equal, just because your friend got his processor, which is exactly like yours, to XGhz it doesnt mean yours will too.
11-13-2005 12:52 AM
Choli
Elite Member

Choli

42 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Apatik
Second thing, to know if an o/c is really stable, just booting windows and messenger isn't enough. You should "burn" (load the CPU with heavy tasks to test its stability) the CPU with a software like SuperPI or OCCT (or CPU Burn, etc.).
apart from that, i'd also suggest to make a test of the memory. That will test the cache of the processor as well as the FSB, connected to the main memory. If you've overclocked the CPU incorrectly, there may be errors accessing the memory and that would cause the PC to reboot. With a test you can detect it. Look at http://www.memtest86.com/
quote:
Originally posted by paperless
And not all processors are equal, just because your friend got his processor, which is exactly like yours, to XGhz it doesnt mean yours will too.
so true... it also depends on your motherboard, ram manufacturer, and a long etc...
Messenger Plus! en espaņol:
<< http://www.msgpluslive.es/ >>
<< http://foro.msgpluslive.es/ >>
:plus4:
11-13-2005 01:29 AM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites