What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » WANTED - experienced plugin developer

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
WANTED - experienced plugin developer
Author: Message:
paul.kelly

O.P. WANTED - experienced plugin developer
HI people.

I represent a company in Scotland, UK looking for a plugin to be developed for messenger. This will involve contract paid work and the remit is very specific.  I dont wish to advertise here cause I know its frowned upon so I'll save the details for anyone that wishes to contact me.

Should you wish to get more information and are interested in paid development work, please contact kswstudios@hotmail.com directly.

We are looking for this project to start immediately so those with a high degree of messenger plugin development experience get in touch with us.

Cheers guys. (and gals!)

Paul

This post was edited on 12-06-2005 at 12:35 PM by paul.kelly.
12-05-2005 09:39 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Ash_

35 / Male / –
RE: WANTED - experienced plugin developer
What would you like the plugin to do, i think this will give the developers a reason to email you, if they can do what you ask.
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
12-05-2005 11:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lordy

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
What would you like the plugin to do, i think this will give the developers a reason to email you, if they can do what you ask.
quote:
Originally posted by paul.kelly
I dont wish to advertise here cause I know its frowned upon so I'll save the details for anyone that wishes to contact me.
12-05-2005 11:19 AM
paul.kelly

O.P. RE: WANTED - experienced plugin developer
Thanks for the comments.  The plugin is required to help make the web safer for young children when using messenger; to assist in preventing online bullying and targeting of children by adult groomers. I cannot be any more specific than this at the moment but will require integration with an existing API developed in house which already integrates with our own online software. 

For full details of the project and development required, interested parties will be required to sign an NDA and may have to be disclosure checked prior to work commencing. These are mandatory conditions of employment under a contract with my company considering the sensitive nature of the data we hold.

What I can say is that we are looking for the plugin to  add options to messenger (both child and parent specific), control how messenger is used and to also integrate with our API. We will take care of the necessary permissions from Microsoft in order to create the functional code we require.

Sorry for being elusive on this - thats not my intention; but this project is part of a far bigger business! Thanks again for your interest.
12-05-2005 11:38 AM
Ash_

35 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
quote:
Originally posted by Ash_
quote:
I dont wish to advertise here cause I know its frowned upon so I'll save the details for anyone that wishes to contact me.

saying what kind of plugin you want made is not advertising? this comment was not needed.

quote:

Sorry for being elusive on this - thats not my intention; but this project is part of a far bigger business! Thanks again for your interest.

i think i understand what you want, like code that searches text recieved and sent make sure no offensive words are sent, check images etc. This program is far beyond what i can code (with executable files), maybe some other devs will understand. sorry i couldnt help, goodluck though.

This post was edited on 12-05-2005 at 12:15 PM by Ash_.
[Image: jeansiger5.jpg]
12-05-2005 12:14 PM
paul.kelly

No this is not the case Ash.

Scanning for images, text etc is not a requirment!

For full design spec, email me.
Thanks

Paul

This post was edited on 12-06-2005 at 12:37 PM by paul.kelly.
12-05-2005 12:47 PM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
Giving up their identity over MSN is voluntary.... They don't have to unless if they want to. And they probably lie about it when they sign up.... And if you'd some how get to their identity without them disclosing it, it would be an invasion of privacy.... EVEN THOUGH it is for a good cause.
12-05-2005 12:49 PM
MeEtc
Patchou's look-alike

In the Shadow Gallery once again

38 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by groessl35
Giving up their identity over MSN is voluntary.... They don't have to unless if they want to. And they probably lie about it when they sign up.... And if you'd some how get to their identity without them disclosing it, it would be an invasion of privacy.... EVEN THOUGH it is for a good cause.
I think this is exactly what paul.kelly wants to prevent, talking to anonomous contacts. If the parent doesn't know who the end user is, no chatting for the kiddieuntil the parent approves the contact. Maybe setting up a parental allow list?

Sorry paul, but I'm not much of a programmer yet. good luck though!
[Image: signature/]     [Image: sharing.png]
I cannot hear you. There is a banana in my ear.
12-05-2005 02:57 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
I think I understand what he wants. And it is doable. However, this requires far more than a simple MSN Messenger addon (note: a plugin for Messenger Plus! isn't what you want ;)). It also requires a whole parent controlled secured environment in Windows as people (children) could otherwise startup and use whatever they want and thus making the intended software and addon rather useless.

As said, a plugin for Messenger Plus! isn't what you want. It has far too many restrictions in what can be done. Such thing should be made as a direct MSN Messenger addon (or even better as a whole worksuite restricting access etc in Windows where MSN Messenger is just a part of it).

Also note that Microsoft itself is in process of developping something like that which involves digital passports. Experiments with this are done in countries which have digital (chipcard) passport IDs or which are in the process of replacing  the traditional passports with chipcards (eg: Belgium). The digital passports will be used as a means to identify over the net and to login in for example MSN Messenger.

This post was edited on 12-05-2005 at 03:25 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
12-05-2005 03:21 PM
paul.kelly

ok,

What we need is a plugin which will prevent children chatting to others unless the person with whom they are chatting has been identity verified.

The plugin we need developed should help parents keep tighter controls on who their children (especially young children) cha with.

If anyone is interested,..this is a serious offer of work to good experienced developers. Email me or send me an IM on kswstudios@hotmail.com (MSN address). For full detailled spec, serious developers will be required to sign a Non-Disclusure Agreement. Feel free to contact me directly should you be interested in this project.

Thanks people
Paul

quote:
Originally posted by groessl35

yes accepted.
Our systems do not do that! However anyone using MSN or AOL or Yahoo etc ect can be anyone they want to be.  I dont wish to get into a discussion about the rights and wrongs of it, merely that our systems already work and we wish to extend their functionality into MSN.

This post was edited on 12-06-2005 at 12:41 PM by paul.kelly.
12-05-2005 05:25 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: