What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » Forum & Website » Mybb 1.0

Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
Mybb 1.0
Author: Message:
Val

30 / Other / Flag
RE: Mybb 1.0
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
I did look through all the code when I upgraded to RC2, and I fixed a whole bunch of stuff, but of course I didn't do much testing of possible obscure bugs because that would have been too much work.

quote:
yes that is true too.

In my option its all the admin and mods call, if they want to spend time for a maybe securer version (i dont know that for certain) and i love that feture in the newer verstion of attecments like the option to insert atechment into post. Maybe someone could make a mod of the new fetures and still keep the rc 2

EDIT: verstion to version, I hate you Lou! :P

This post was edited on 12-29-2005 at 12:37 AM by Val.
Menthix:
Anonymous doesn\'t have a leader.
Anonymous is the leader of ShawnZ.

Max:
True. But deep down, we all know.
ShawnZ is incharge.
he is /b/ in human form.
12-10-2005 05:19 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Wabz
quote:
Originally posted by snake1131
Other then that I don't see anything wrong with this.

Its exploitable like Surfi said :P

boards need upgrading.  Like I said this is the biggest mybb forum running its going to get attacked at some point tbh
But it cant be upgraded it a few days like other forums. Due to the fact that it is huge and due to all the mods that have been made, itll take time ;)

Btw, this isnt DZBB or anything. Dz has done a lot of work on it agreed. But this is still running MyBB. Thats the bottom line. Though dz has customised it with a lot of mods and stuff so it is more user friendly (not that mybb isnt but you know what i mean :P)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-10-2005 07:05 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Ezra
Veteran Member

Forgiveness is between them and God

37 / Male / Flag
Why do you people care what version is running?

The board works doesn't it?

The staff should decide if the board will be upgraded or not.
[Image: 1-0.png]

12-10-2005 07:59 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Mybb 1.0
@ Surfi test some known sercuity bugs and see what a potential hacker could do to these forums. Remember this is one of the most popular mybb forums around making it likely to hacks.

Plus the mods are already done and the basic code is wrote. It just needs to be changed to work with the new mybb files. Which some mods maybe hard however the lasest posts one it a new page and should be easy to update.

Plus mods maybe even improved when the update occurs. However we totally understand if updating the forums can take months and probably the whole process will start next month, as this is a busy season :P
12-10-2005 08:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
tmhai

Erm,...

34 / Male / –
The answer to when this forum will be upgraded to the latest version of MyBB (currently 1.01) is avaliable here: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=...pid=35029#pid35029

Also, if you would like to know why it is taking so long look here:
http://www.surfionline.com/archives/2006/01/06/my...y-ho/#comment-7606

Shortly Chris did say on his forums (or blog, cant remember) that a newer version of MyBB would be avaliable, myself as well as many other people of MyBB's forums have reported over 30+ bugs with end-user and back-end code. Chris is also reminding us that MyBB code is dodgy and all his efforts, as well as the rest of the Development team, is on cleaning and setting a guideline. But MyBB latest version has fixed many vunrabilities as will the next version, and the next version and the next version, and the next versi... Not one person, nor one BulletinBoard avaliable to us is Secure, therefore if the forums were to be upgraded anyway, it would still have exploits.

The good side, and I agree with many other people is that you should always have the latest version of any product you may have in your posessions. Saying that means that it isnt our business to dictate what the admins should do and shouldnt do. And seeing as thats that, i recommend that this thread be closed (im not demanding therefore im not dictating).
01-07-2006 05:16 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Dang it's already on 1.02!
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-07-2006 02:38 PM
Snake

34 / Male / Flag
Well from what I have notest WDZ has been active the last littel while on MyBB Community Forum. He has never realy been active at all since RC2. But anyways most of his posts are about the MyBB main code, variables and function so he may be working on transfering his mods over or just seeing how hard it would be to upgrade.

Anyways this isn't for sure just what I have notesed over at MyBB

WDZ Feel Free to correct or change anything I have said (A)

This post was edited on 01-10-2006 at 12:34 AM by Snake.
[Image: sig.png]
01-10-2006 12:33 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
Well, what I'm currently working on is just going through every line of the code, finding bugs and security holes, and trying to get a good understanding of how everything works.

I haven't started "porting" any of my modifications yet. Sometime in the next week or so I'm going to set up a test board on my localhost, which will be very helpful for testing modifications. I never had that when modding RC2... :p
01-10-2006 02:45 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
Well, what I'm currently working on is just going through every line of the code, finding bugs and security holes, and trying to get a good understanding of how everything works.

I haven't started "porting" any of my modifications yet. Sometime in the next week or so I'm going to set up a test board on my localhost, which will be very helpful for testing modifications. I never had that when modding RC2... :p
It's good to know you are hard at work and that you decided on a new method to test your mods:P
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-10-2006 11:35 AM
WDZ
Former Admin

– / Male / Flag
A quick update...

For the last 2 weeks or so, I haven't really messed with MyBB at all. The current release is quite buggy IMHO, and the developers have made tons of fixes [partial list] that they haven't released yet. I don't want to waste my time finding/reporting/fixing bugs that they already fixed. Also, I expect that a lot of code is going to be changed, so any modifications I do may have to be re-done after the release.

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=...pid=39055#pid39055
quote:
Posted yesterday by Peter, MyBB developer
About the release date... we are doing our best to get 1.2 out of the door ASAP, as it fixes many bugs I think the community wants fixed.
* WDZ leans back, puts his feet up, and waits :p
02-01-2006 06:01 PM
Pages: (10): « First « 1 2 3 4 [ 5 ] 6 7 8 9 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: