What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Windows Live Messenger SemiPublic beta and Messenger Plus!

Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger SemiPublic beta and Messenger Plus!
Author: Message:
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Windows Live Messenger SemiPublic beta and Messenger Plus!
If case members dont know, Windows Live Messenger will tommorow be avaliable to most testers that applied. Im a offical beta testers. How is it going to become public? Beta testers have a certain amount of invites that they can invite nonbeta testers. Like that it will spread and spread and spread etc etc untill everyone has it which then will be the final.

My question; During this semi public/private period, will Patchou release a Plus! for WLM?
12-12-2005 04:43 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger SemiPublic beta and Messenger Plus!
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
If case members dont know, Windows Live Messenger will tommorow be avaliable to most testers that applied. Im a offical beta testers. How is it going to become public? Beta testers have a certain amount of invites that they can invite nonbeta testers. Like that it will spread and spread and spread etc etc untill everyone has it which then will be the final.
I dont know if thats the case but if it is then that sux. Its just a promotion gimmick like the initial stages of gmail.
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
12-12-2005 05:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Dempsey
Scripting Contest Winner

http://AdamDempsey.net

37 / Male / Flag
Patchou never normally releases a version of Plus! until the new MSN Messenger version is public and out of Beta, so I bet it's the same for Windows Live Messenger.
SoundPacks   -   Scripts   -   Skins

that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature
12-12-2005 06:03 PM
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Patchou never normally releases a version of Plus! until the new MSN Messenger version is public and out of Beta, so I bet it's the same for Windows Live Messenger.

does that mean that the BETA of plus! will come out on the same day {or week} as WLM 8 ... or does it mean we will have to use the current plus! and hope it works well?
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
12-12-2005 06:09 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by DJKAL
does that mean that the BETA of plus! will come out on the same day {or week} as WLM 8 ... or does it mean we will have to use the current plus! and hope it works well?
I means you will have no Messenger Plus! on WLM until the new Messenger Plus! release goes public. I think Messenger Plus! will go public somewhere near Microsoft's official NON-Beta FINAL release of WLM.

From what i've understood from Patchou there will be a closed beta period for Messenger Plus! somewhere during the WLM beta phase (testers picked by Patchou himself as usual).

I can confirm what Matty said, but let's not go any further into that, keep it a suprise, the happier people are on release time :).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-12-2005 06:36 PM
Patchou
Messenger Plus! Creator

43 / Male / Flag
No Messenger Plus! beta will be released for now, it's way too soon for it. If you're ab official tester for WLM I'll probably ask you to join the Plus! beta testers list though, but that won't be before late January.

You'll soon understand why :).
[Image: signature2.gif]
12-12-2005 07:04 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
If you're ab official tester for WLM I'll probably ask you to join the Plus! beta testers list though, but that won't be before late January.

You'll soon understand why:) .

Thats cool Patchou. I recently got my invite for this WLM Beta :)...I wonder who (if you do) you will chose. But I'll leave that to you :P
12-12-2005 08:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
faquick

46 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
No Messenger Plus! beta will be released for now, it's way too soon for it. If you're ab official tester for WLM I'll probably ask you to join the Plus! beta testers list though, but that won't be before late January.

You'll soon understand why :).
OK, so please give us a way to tell you "hey patchou, I am a WLM8 beta tester, please let me join new Plus! beta!!" ;)

btw I am just telling you "hey, I am a beta tester" etc etc :P

--edit:

p.s. I forgot to ask: are there some parts of current Plus! release that DO work with WLM8? I mean, someone surely already tested it with pre-beta releases of new messenger (I know there are several people who already got access to that in an OFFICIAL way, so I'm not asking to anyone to talk about patched/pirate versions ;)). I really would like to keep logging my conversations with new messenger betas too

This post was edited on 12-12-2005 at 09:30 PM by faquick.
fab---
12-12-2005 09:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by faquick
are there some parts of current Plus! release that DO work with WLM8?
Nothing works. There is a protection build into Messenger Plus! that avoids MsgPlus! from loading at all when it detects a incompitable Messenger version. All you will see is a screen that says it found an incompitable version. You can't even get to the other features to try it.

Some things will probably work if you break the protection, but i advise people not to do that if they are not 100% sure what they do. I don't know of any way to break the protection, never tried.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
12-12-2005 09:37 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
OK, so please give us a way to tell you "hey patchou, I am a WLM8 beta tester, please let me join new Plus! beta!!" ;)

btw I am just telling you "hey, I am a beta tester" etc etc :P

Don't pester him :P. Patchou will choose people that he trusts to test.

quote:
p.s. I forgot to ask: are there some parts of current Plus! release that DO work with WLM8? I mean, someone surely already tested it with pre-beta releases of new messenger (I know there are several people who already got access to that in an OFFICIAL way, so I'm not asking to anyone to talk about patched/pirate versions ;)). I really would like to keep logging my conversations with new messenger betas too
From my understanding nothing yet. But I may be wrong. Just keep checking the Announcement forum for updates.
12-12-2005 09:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Pages: (5): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: