What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Plugin Request - Stealth

Plugin Request - Stealth
Author: Message:
ojsmip22

O.P. Plugin Request - Stealth
Couldn't find this anywhere, hope I'm not missing out anything because I don't really use msgr or plus too frequently.

Anyway, I was thinking of the best way to use messenger comfortably in the office without being worried about people passing by noticing, bosses hovering around etc, which is better than the 'boss-key' in my view

Is there or can somebody develop a plugin that would allow having a msgr conversation inside another application, i.e. Notepad, Word, Command Prompt Window, excel spreadsheet etc.. ??

Obviously it may not be very feature rich. back to text-only I suppose, maybe with not even font support, but it would be really easy to use in the office undetected, pretending you're working really hard on this report/document/spreadsheet whilst chatting with your buddies ;-)

12-14-2005 11:15 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Itsme-HcK

Geek

32 / Male / –
RE: Plugin Request - Stealth
It would be easy to put it in such a window, not to make it look like it exactly.
But only Patchou could do that, in this case.
12-14-2005 09:06 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
hmaster

33 / Male / Flag
If you dont mind it being simple use a webmessenger?
[Image: sig.png]
12-14-2005 09:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
can't you just "skin" msn by removing all the buttons and images from convo. then it will be a blank window, but you can still type and read. Then but the top menu bar in notepad as the background, or just leave the one thats in the convo, then change your font to the one in notepad and use plus!'s feature to override contact's font?

If you don't know how to "skin" it, ask some members on the forum :)
12-14-2005 09:29 PM
ojsmip22

O.P. RE: Plugin Request - Stealth
Thanks for the suggestions!!

I wasn't even aware of webmessenger (although it does look pretty much just like the standard messenger - so if you're in a chat and the boss comes round it's quite obvious what you're doing). The skin idea sounds very cool ! I'll check it out, although I've never done any skins before...Hope it's not too complicated, particularly when no graphics at all is concerned
12-15-2005 09:00 AM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: