What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Installation Problems

Installation Problems
Author: Message:
philipe

32 / Male / –
O.P. Sad  Installation Problems
Heya everyone,

I have tried several solutions to fix this probem, including configuring the BIOS, but nothing helped.  I am currently trying to install all the important devices (hard drive, graphics card, CD/DVD drive, CPU) from my old pc into a new PC case which already has the motherboard installed (the CPU is band new).  I installed everything perfectly fine, but as soon as the PC reaches the windows booting part, the Blue Screen of Death appears and tells me that something is wrong with the hardware.  I think that the problem might be the hard drive, as it has a version of Windows installed which came with the old pc, and therefore might have everything configured to only work with the old pc's motherboard and components.  The other solutions might be configuring the BIOS even more, or just buying a new Hard Drive with a new version of Windows (which I hope not).  Unluckily I can not reinstall Windows, as I never recieved a CD, and therefore it is only saved on my hard drive as OEM. The problem might also be with the graphics card or CD/DVD drive or CPU, or anything else.

Thank you for your help,

Philipe 
12-25-2005 04:29 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
YottabyteWizard

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Installation Problems
* Have you tried booting into Safe Mode? I think this might help your problems
* You can download Hiren's Boot CD 7.6, it has a lot of utilities for partitions and why I am recommending this is because it has some NTFS reading software so you can run the installation program on your other partition and make a repair.

This is what is has and might help you (This are from Hiren's Booot CD 7.5, 7.6 might have updates ones)

NTFS Dos Pro 5.0
To access ntfs partitions from Dos

NTFS 4 Dos 1.4

NTFS Dos 3.02

EditBINI 1.01
to Edit boot.ini on NTFS Partition

12-25-2005 05:32 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
philipe

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Installation Problems
I tried booting in safe mode, but the BSoD still appears.
12-25-2005 05:40 PM
matty
Scripting Guru

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Installation Problems
Unfortunately you cannot take a harddrive with Windows configured on it and put it into another PC. Reason for this is because of the installed motherboard chipsets. What I recommend is put the comments back into the old PC, save all the data you need then move them back to the new PC and reinstall windows after formatting the harddrive.
12-25-2005 06:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
philipe

32 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Installation Problems
:) Thank you Matty, I will do this.
12-25-2005 08:19 PM
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend