What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » [split] Problems with program PC Powerscan/PC Bodyguard

[split] Problems with program PC Powerscan/PC Bodyguard
Author: Message:
Anne

80 / Female / –
O.P. RE: SPYWARE!
I am new to this board and don't know if I am in the right section.  Anyways,  I installed PC Powerscan/PC Bodyguard and have had freezing problems since.  I cannot uninstall it as msg reads INSTALL.LOG File cannot be removed without it.
I have tried everything but I fear it came with a bug or something as they said my file may be deleted or corrupted!!
I should try c:/program files/intrigue learning but how do I access it?  I have Norton with back up files but how can I pinpoint which one was repaired and in quarantiene (spelling!!)
12-29-2005 08:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: [split] Problems with program PC Powerscan/PC Bodyguard
Do you have both PC Powerscan and PC Bodyguard installed?

Firstly, you need to go to Add/Remove Programs and try to reinstall it so the missing/corrupted files are replaced.

If you can't reinstall it, and haven't already tried, in Add/Remove Programs, go to PC Powerscan/PC Bodyguard and click 'Remove'.

If all is unsuccessful, go to Task Manager [Ctrl + Alt + Del] > Processes and find PC Powerscan/Bodyguard and click 'End Task' Then go to C:\Program Files\ and delete the appropirate folder [I'm guessing it's called PC Powerscan or PC Bodyguard]
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
12-30-2005 12:17 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: