What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » please help and hurry!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
please help and hurry!
Author: Message:
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: please help and hurry!
Exactly, tell your parents, cause if you didnt mess with your sisters computers, the asshole is totally you for logging into your account.. Plus sue him if you want to do that... Plus secure your network :P
01-02-2006 11:58 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: please help and hurry!
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
tell your sister and parents at the same time..
if something happens, youll know who to blame :P and he thinks u will not tell your parents, what a surprise he is going to get!... i dont think your sister will like this, and i think she isnt aware of this...

ya i told me parents last night when i got the message but i told them not to say anything to them while her bf was over.  so this morning my mom and I talked to my sister and she didnt even know that he did that and she said the her bf is really stupid and immature (btw my mom read it to her...so it was sorta funny how she said cus words :P )  and so i got that defendit wireless but its not that much of a help either :-/ 

[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
01-03-2006 12:28 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
use the xp firewall, click on dont allow exeptions, i dunno it helps much but try
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
01-03-2006 12:41 AM
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: please help and hurry!
quote:
Originally posted by my sister's boyfriend again
Michael, I feel like I owe you an apology.

Allison told me that you were pretty upset by the e-mail I sent you and by what I posted on your profile for that online community. She told me you felt pretty threatened.

I wanted to let you know that I would never physically hurt you, and in no way was tying in insinuate that.

In retrospect, I shouldn't have done that and should have approached the situation differently.

The reason I did it, was to get your attention and to embarrass you into taking what I say a little more seriously. I was frustrated with you, and you don't make it easy for me to communicate with you. I'm really impressed and glad to see you taking an interest in computers; that knowledge will be invaluable for you in the future. That being said, you are at a stage in your computer knowledge where you know enough to be very dangerous. It's fine to play around with advanced options in an operating system on a your own machine. Take risks and try things you're not suppose to do. When something goes wrong and you have to reformat, it's all on you and you'll learn a lot from the mistakes you make. But when you start messing around on other people's computers, you start taking up their time. Spcifically, my time. Wether you realize it or not, you have caused me hours of frustration with Allison's lap top. Who do you think has to fix it when things go wrong? I'm not going to go into details, but there are certain websites that are dangerouse to play around on, and certain functions in a computer you should only preform if you know exactly what you're doing.

It's impresive that you were able to log into safe mode and bypass some of the security measure on allison's lap top. What you may or may not have known is that you left a HUGE security hole for anyone to exploit. Just like I could log into your online session on that community, ANYONE could have logged onto that lap top wirelessly to that account with no password, and done anything seeing as how it was a computer administrator. Further more, with your poking in safe mode, a driver issue developed with the touchpad on everyYou's account, and to resolve the problem we had to delete the entire user account. Not such a big deal this time (we're all lucky there wasn't anything important in that account) but it could have been a lot worse.

The point is, I dont want to be at odds with you. Next time I, or Allison ask you to do or not do something with the lap top, give us a better response. Don't stare off and halfway respond and then go right back to doing what you're not supose to. That is frustrating. When Allison asks you not to leave her lap top at the foot of the staris to be stepped on, listen to her. I promise I won't break into anymore of your stuff, nor will I hack any of your computers or online accounts.

I'd rather be your friend than your enemy. Take what I say seriously, and if you have a question about something, ask. I'll be happy to help you, and I know a lot about computers.

As far as telling your parents, I'm sure you'll tell them about this. Feel free to print it out and show it to them. No threats, but if you don't tell them, it's going to seem like you want things to get worse between me and your parents, and that's not in anyone's best interest. Allison and I are going to be together for a while, so it's best if we all just learn to get along.

Feel free to add me on myspace, I'd rather us be friends then not speak.

Jonathan

i still dont think he got the email i sent him that counter explained his pm :dodgy:
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
01-04-2006 02:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by [MR
]
quote:
Originally posted by my sister's boyfriend again
huge quote here

i still dont think he got the email i sent him that counter explained his pm :dodgy:
Well, you were talking to me the other day about a program that would act as an image to protect your computer? I may be able to work on something like that if you contact me via msn messenger.

lou@louhabs.com

Even if he said he won't go into your files, the fact is that he did do it, without prior permission, and modified things. Of course, someone like a lawyer could probably fine plenty of laws to help you out, what I personally think would be best, is a security measure in the case that this sort of thing does happen again.

This post was edited on 01-04-2006 at 04:37 AM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-04-2006 04:33 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
Well this guy sounds like a moron with a 7 foot pole up his butt.

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
Even if he said he won't go into your files, the fact is that he did do it, without prior permission, and modified things. Of course, someone like a lawyer could probably fine plenty of laws to help you out, what I personally think would be best, is a security measure in the case that this sort of thing does happen again.

I'm not sure if you should go that far, but what I would do is get revenge. PM me :D actually.. don't do that :P

But thats just my way of doing it.
[Image: top.gif]
01-04-2006 06:18 AM
Adeptus

Hi,

While this probably is the last thing you want to hear at this time, your sister's boyfriend sounds quite intelligent and nice.  I don't think he is your enemy, nor that you should try to make him one.

It would appear that he thinks you did some things (to the laptop in question) that you did not do.   That doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that you weren't involved.  Perhaps you should tell him that, so he can look for the culprit in the right places.

We already took some steps toward securing your computer and there may be other steps to take, but seriously -- I would urge you to not turn this into a personal war against this kid.  It sounds a lot like poor communication and misunderstanding between well intentioned people.
01-04-2006 08:18 AM
DJeX
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
^o) rrriiighhttt.
[Image: top.gif]
01-04-2006 06:24 PM
Max

34 / Male / –
RE: RE: please help and hurry!
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
Hi,

While this probably is the last thing you want to hear at this time, your sister's boyfriend sounds quite intelligent and nice.  I don't think he is your enemy, nor that you should try to make him one.

It would appear that he thinks you did some things (to the laptop in question) that you did not do.   That doesn't mean it didn't happen, just that you weren't involved.  Perhaps you should tell him that, so he can look for the culprit in the right places.

We already took some steps toward securing your computer and there may be other steps to take, but seriously -- I would urge you to not turn this into a personal war against this kid.  It sounds a lot like poor communication and misunderstanding between well intentioned people.

That's so badly his sister's boyfriend.
01-04-2006 07:04 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Max
That's so badly his sister's boyfriend.
I agree.

Now I think we should still protect your computer as much as possible. He is currently obviously following you onto online forums, and has taken in private data of yours. This sounds dodgy. And it's iligal also.

edit: after furthur investigation, he either has been breaking into your stuff for a long time, or it's not your sister's boyfriend. I doubt it's him now. Sorry. But still, protect your pc:P

This post was edited on 01-04-2006 at 07:17 PM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-04-2006 07:15 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: