What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » THIS topic isnot new......memory usage!!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
THIS topic isnot new......memory usage!!
Author: Message:
cmonineedhelp

Microsofts new approach

32 / Male / –
RE: THIS topic isnot new......memory usage!!
Mine is currently at 27K and I am currently on a video conversation, and i'm surprised at that :S
MSN is definately getting stranger by the day.
[Image: 300pxgorillazgroup6ow.jpg]
01-06-2006 06:52 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
hungryleo

41 / Male / –
O.P. RE: THIS topic isnot new......memory usage!!
hey!
my problem with the usage is solved! dont know why  now...i changed to msn live 8....in the beginig it was horrible...but after two reboots...the usage now less than 10 megas....even when using cam one side only!! i canot belive that!...but still have the problem with the video or the sudio conversation! it says when i open the setup , canot open it now,try later! what that means? why not now?  if some one has any clue...gonna be great!
thanx
01-08-2006 03:35 AM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by hungryleo
msn live 8
Windows Live Messenger, just to correct you :)

quote:
Originally posted by hungryleo
the usage now less than 10 megas
That is very weird. When i'm running WLM, I usually get high memory usage like you did with MSN Messenger 7.5; but I can't understand why you have less memory usage with WLM, as with everyone I've spoken to, they usually has high memory usage. :S
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
01-08-2006 03:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hungryleo

41 / Male / –
O.P. RE: THIS topic isnot new......memory usage!!
:P i also dont know why......now its 16 mega.
befor 5 minutes i was receiving avideo conversation...and it was 10.....wierd!
anyway....when i uses msn 7.5 ...it take 100 mega! no reson why..even msn support dont figur out that! all what they told me to check for spy wares....i told him i have many programs for that ,and its clean..but they still post the same issue,talking with robots!!;:)   well....at least now i can see some of my girls:P
with icq its so soft! no problems! but all my contacts using msn!
hope someone tell me what that usuage means! why it sometimes...100 megas or 10 megas?!?!?
by the way...whne msgplus live  be ready?...need my tools to play with!
01-08-2006 04:08 AM
ilkerka

57000K memory usage with WLM and Plus! live. only 2 plug ins are installed(Itunes+, PlusMail). they should do something about it. dont know who to blame actually :P
07-03-2006 10:38 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ilkerka
dont know who to blame actually
Uninstall Plus! and run WLM without it for a day and monitor memory usage again. You'll see that WLM's memory usage isn't bad when you keep your contactlist closed, but as soon as you open your contactlist and a few chat windows the mem usage will rise to about 50 or 60MB... I've seen cases with 120 to 160MB. When the memory usage is high without Plus! ar any other kind of modification installed, let Microsoft know about it at Windows Live Messenger Feedback.

If you have a good reason to think it's Plus!, open a new topic (because this topic isn't about Plus!).
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-03-2006 10:47 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
I noticed the high memory usage when contactlist is open aswell..it doubles or more than doubles at times. Already had WLM freezing too, freezing so badly that i couldn't even stop the process through taskmanager (forced reboot)...mem usage at that point was over 100.000 kB. After the reboot i restarted WLM and got the Installer on log in (strange, how can it appear and need be installed)...then no WLM, second try Installer again on log in yet this time WLM worked. I did notice the WLM desktop icon beeing back on my desktop, so somehow it did install without interaction from me and non noticeably if not for the desktop icon reappearing.

I've sent feedback through the feedback form aswell..now maybe if enough people have this issue and report it the same way they'll see it's urgent and fix it for a next update.

Remember: what they don't know they can't fix...and the more people send feedback the more likely it is they'll fix it.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
07-03-2006 11:10 AM
ilkerka

i beleive contact list does most of the contributions also when i click the plus! icon on the contact list msn crashes. this happened several times i guess from memory usage. ill send a feedback form to wlm aswell.
07-03-2006 11:31 AM
andrewdodd13

Oh so retro

34 / Male / Flag
Although this is just my experience, it's probably close to being correct.

From what I can tell, you have a lot of programs open (61 processes, atm I have 32 with a lot of things open), and a custom visual style on your desktop.
Having a lot of open processes can cause Task Manager to incorrectly report process memory usage, and although I can't see all your processes, I'm willing to bet a few of them may actually contribute to the high memory usage.

The custom theme may contribute, as as you've said, when you hide the window the memory usage goes right down.
[Image: AndrewsStyle.png]
07-03-2006 02:13 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
You have a lot of programs open (61 processes
How many processes you open shouldn't affects the memory usage on another process at all, unless the other processes have something to do with the other process... Like MSN plugins and so.

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
I can't see all your processes, I'm willing to bet a few of them may actually contribute to the high memory usage.
The problem is 115MB on the msnmsger.exe process. I don't see how other processes that don't have anything to do with MSN could affect this.

Custom themes could cause a bit higher memory usage, yes. But in that case every process with a GUI will be affected by it equally, which doesn't seem to be the case. I also know of enough people who don't use any theming software that have the same problems.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
07-03-2006 02:38 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: