What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Copyright laws

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Copyright laws
Author: Message:
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Copyright laws
quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
they aren't rubbish, they are perfectly adequate for what they are designed to do, help you ith school work, they are just rubbish for people who want to play games or use MSN Messenger (Smilie)
that's not a bug, thats an unexpected feature

Messenger Plus! Soun

in my school they block all image seaches and the amount of software to do work is limted. We end up doing school computer work involing research at home due to this. They dont trust us to do image searches. in uni you get it good :refuck:

This post was edited on 01-20-2006 at 07:52 PM by absorbation.
01-20-2006 07:49 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ss2005
i live in england an fair enough i understand if i put it on the school computers but on my usb stick thats just bull
HELP

i have music on my area..... (go same school).... but its not in the network... its on my user area... (well it is on the network, but not public) its for ym use only as i have the password... is that copyright infringement? because if i get pulled up i want to be able to say FU*K YOU! .... but if im wrong ill delete the stuff

also... in the network:

Media - French - Songs - metis track 01.mp3

that is a french song the teacher showed us.... it was realesed by this french sports guy as a single... so that being on a public server is breaking copyright correct?

This post was edited on 01-20-2006 at 08:01 PM by M73A.

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
01-20-2006 07:56 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
If they have taken your access while you are supposed to be doing an ICT GCSE then you should raise the problem with whoever maybe concerned (E.G. The school head, or your ict teacher if they don't know about it) because its a legal requirement for everybody to be at grade C or above standard before they are 18(i think thats the age) now in the UK.

And believe me, getting a C in your GCSE is alot better then not and then having to do super patronising key skills :dodgy:
01-20-2006 07:58 PM
MC.POP

the DJ that hits the limitz

36 / Male / –
yeah thats not right at all its yours after all...and btw how the heck did they know it was taken out of hte net u could just tell them u ahd the cd at home and u just copied it on the usb...
[Image: spidermansig5.jpg]
01-20-2006 07:58 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
quote:
i live in england an fair enough i understand if i put it on the school computers but on my usb stick thats just bull

i have music on my area..... (go same school).... but its not in the network... its on my user area... (well it is on the network, but not public) its for ym use only as i have the password... is that copyright infringement? because if i get pulled up i want to be able to say FU*K YOU! .... but if im wrong ill delete the stuff

also... in the network:

Media - French - Songs - metis track 01.mp3

that is a french song the teacher showed us.... it was realesed by this french sports guy as a single... so that being on a public server is breaking copyright correct?

That's illegal, the school would have to buy a license to each song for it to be legal, as it is on their server. You don't have to though, as it's your music, you already own a license.
01-20-2006 08:01 PM
ss2005

ss2005

– / Male / –
O.P. RE: Copyright laws
they dont no it is illegal they said by the labelling of the song they know it is though. i said i downloaded it from itunes and ripped it from cd.
01-20-2006 08:02 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
hmm.. its on their server... but under space that has been allocated to me...

so would that in effect work asif it was under my license because nobody else can access it besides myself (or a damn admin if they decide to but why would they cause stealin mp3s off me is illegal, lol)

i've been in the ict office... and thae fat dude was on winmx... thats closed so don't know what hes up to now

01-20-2006 08:02 PM
MC.POP

the DJ that hits the limitz

36 / Male / –
quote:
they dont no it is illegal they said by the labelling of the song they know it is though. i said i downloaded it from itunes and ripped it from cd.
well they cant know that actually because if u rip from the original cd they will all come out as track 1.mp3 track 2.mp3....etc....
[Image: spidermansig5.jpg]
01-20-2006 08:04 PM
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Also in music you can connect your mp3 players for work reasons to play your work etc.
01-20-2006 08:12 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
does anyone have a link to the copyright laws in the u.k. concerning music? i can't find a copy of the actual law itself

01-20-2006 08:14 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: