What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ?

Pages: (21): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] 17 18 19 20 » Last »
Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ?
Author: Message:
joemailey

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ?
quote:
Originally posted by Idium
this is all why it is a Chosen few Style beta, in order to try and prevent leakage. Beta software is buggy and therefore needs to be tested by a few people to get out all the bugs. ive applyed for the beta myself but i aint confident bout getting selected because of the mistrust caused by the last beta being leaked. i just hope i do get selected in order for me to help further Plus! development. in all i NEVER leak beta software because of my princable of not giving out buggy software. heres hoping im one of the chosen few.......

chosen few. as i said someone will leak it.

i no its a chosen few. it was chosen few last time.

i'm beta tester in lot of things

windows live mail
window live messenger
Windows vista
windows custom domains
plus alot of other different software :-)

Point of my post was its simply going to end up leaked.

personnally i don't understand why somebody would leak it. Thats is going a gainst patchou etc. the people who use there time to code it and give us the software.

i'm on messenger 2 thirds of the day @ a minium. WLM with out plus is useless and frankly boring and harder to use.

so i hope people don't leak it when they get it because that just causes a delay :@ and i want my msgplus live asap :'(
01-26-2006 05:03 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ?
quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
quote:
this is all why it is a Chosen few Style beta, in order to try and prevent leakage. Beta software is buggy and therefore needs to be tested by a few people to get out all the bugs. ive applyed for the beta myself but i aint confident bout getting selected because of the mistrust caused by the last beta being leaked. i just hope i do get selected in order for me to help further Plus! development. in all i NEVER leak beta software because of my princable of not giving out buggy software. heres hoping im one of the chosen few.......

chosen few. as i said someone will leak it.

i no its a chosen few. it was chosen few last time.

i'm beta tester in lot of things

windows live mail
window live messenger
Windows vista
windows custom domains
plus alot of other different software :-)

Point of my post was its simply going to end up leaked.

personnally i don't understand why somebody would leak it. Thats is going a gainst patchou etc. the people who use there time to code it and give us the software.

i'm on messenger 2 thirds of the day @ a minium. WLM with out plus is useless and frankly boring and harder to use.

so i hope people don't leak it when they get it because that just causes a delay :@ and i want my msgplus live asap :'(

Yes, i see your point. But imagine if Patchou didnt chose "a slect few" to test MsgPlus versions just because i thought they'd get leaked anyway. Surely the more people you allow into the Beta the higher the chances are that it could be leaked?

Also, as far as i do know, Patchou doesn't just chose the first "x" applicants to allow into the Beta. He takes a look at what they've conributed to the Messenger community by etc. So that not just anybody gets in.

I also see your point that a low post count shouldn't lessen ones chances of getting to Beta test. However i do also understand why post count might matter.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
01-26-2006 05:25 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Idium

MPSounds.net

41 / Male / –
RE: Do you want to beta test Messenger Plus! Live ?
quote:
WLM with out plus is useless and frankly boring and harder to use.

so i hope people don't leak it when they get it because that just causes a delay (Smilie) and i want my msgplus live asap (Smilie)

quote:
Originally posted by salem
Yes, i see your point. But imagine if Patchou didnt chose "a slect few" to test MsgPlus versions just because i thought they'd get leaked anyway. Surely the more people you allow into the Beta the higher the chances are that it could be leaked?

Also, as far as i do know, Patchou doesn't just chose the first "x" applicants to allow into the Beta. He takes a look at what they've conributed to the Messenger community by etc. So that not just anybody gets in.

I also see your point that a low post count shouldn't lessen ones chances of getting to Beta test. However i do also understand why post count might matter.

My point exactly. Leaking Beta Software causes it to stay beta for longer and therefore it is just plain mean and stupid to deliberatly do something which extends the time of software in beta

This post was edited on 01-26-2006 at 05:31 PM by Idium.
Proud Member of the Linkin Park Underground Join the LPU

MP!L & WLM = go together like WKD and beer

[Image: userbar397951ze.gif]
01-26-2006 05:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
WLM with out plus is useless and frankly boring and harder to use.

so i hope people don't leak it when they get it because that just causes a delay (Smilie) and i want my msgplus live asap (Smilie)

My point exactly. Leaking Beta Software causes it to stay beta for longer and therefore it is just plain mean and stupid to deliberatly do something which extends the time of software in beta

I certainly agree with this statement
Was i Helpful?[/url]
01-26-2006 05:27 PM
Nicolas

I'm ok to beta test it too ^^
I'm german so maybe it can be useful... :P
01-26-2006 05:33 PM
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
It's not about post counts, it's about what is in the posts. How do you get to know a person on a forum? Exactly, by reading that person's posts.

From my point of view chances of getting chosen are just as slim for people who never helped out (don't show their Plus! knowledge/computer knowledge in general) but have postcount because they post in General Chit Chat etc. as they are for those who sign up only to get into the beta.

This post was edited on 01-26-2006 at 05:43 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
01-26-2006 05:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
absorbation
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Also it's not about having Plus! it's about helping Patchou fix bugs. :P
01-26-2006 05:43 PM
Idium

MPSounds.net

41 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
quote:
Originally posted by Salem
It's not about post counts, it's about what is in the posts. How do you get to know a person on a forum? Exactly, by reading that person's posts.

From my point of view chances of getting chosen are just as slim for people who never helped out (don't show their Plus! knowledge/computer knowledge in general) as they are for those who sign up only to get into the beta.

I totally agree with sunshine in this case.

01-26-2006 05:43 PM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
It's not about post counts, it's about what is in the posts. How do you get to know a person on a forum? Exactly by reading that person's posts.
Yes i understand that, that was what i was trying to say. People with 1 or 2 posts will have virtually nuthing to judge the person on. And will thus make it difficult to decide if the person is trustworthy.

quote:
From my point of view chances of getting chosen are just as slim for people who never helped out (don't show their Plus! knowledge/computer knowledge in general) as they are for those who sign up only to get into the beta.

I agree with this as well. Most of the people with such low post counts i would think are have just signed up to become a beta tester for MessengerPlus!

Was i Helpful?[/url]
01-26-2006 05:44 PM
Idium

MPSounds.net

41 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
Also it's not about having Plus! it's about helping Patchou fix bugs. :P

another good point, i regular beta test products, be it either mobile phone apps/games (Java J2ME) or PC programs (such as WLM) and i only test these products to further devlopment of these and products like these. Beta Testing isnt bout getting stuff before release date, its bout getting Bugs out of software.

01-26-2006 05:54 PM
Pages: (21): « First « 12 13 14 15 [ 16 ] 17 18 19 20 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: