What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Windows Live Messenger - Why!?!

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Windows Live Messenger - Why!?!
Author: Message:
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Windows Live Messenger - Why!?!
Plus is not compatable with Windows Live...

Plus Live is in testing and will be released when testing has finished and windows live is public
01-26-2006 10:32 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
LittleK

Wo0p-Wo0p..

34 / Female / –
quote:
Originally posted by can16358p

I just don't understand why I can't use Plus!

I love Plus!, but now, I can't use it because I'm not accepted to Plus!'s beta, and as everyone know, normal Plus! doesn't work on Windows Live Messenger, which I'm using.

I think, as there are lots of people using WLM, Plus! Live should be public. I WANT to use Plus!. I can do nothing without Plus! on WLM. (ok, not that much, I can chat, that's it. only chat)

It can crash, some features may not work, I'm OK with all, I just need Plus!(Smilie)

All any one can say to that, is tough im afraid. You're not alone, i too am a WLM tester and a WLM mail tester, yet i find myself constantly flipping back and forward. But thats life unfortunatly!

Besides on a seperate note, anyone think this years FLYING by? If it carrys on like this, March doesn't seem that far away!
[Image: style3,LittleK.png]
01-26-2006 10:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
I just don't understand why I can't use Plus!

I love Plus!, but now, I can't use it because I'm not accepted to Plus!'s beta, and as everyone know, normal Plus! doesn't work on Windows Live Messenger, which I'm using.

I think, as there are lots of people using WLM, Plus! Live should be public. I WANT to use Plus!. I can do nothing without Plus! on WLM. (ok, not that much, I can chat, that's it. only chat)

It can crash, some features may not work, I'm OK with all, I just need Plus!:(

You do have to remember that windows live messenger 8 is still in testing so hasn't been released officially. So you can't say that plus live should be public yet.

Messenger Plus Live itself has to be tested to make sure it is compatible with windows live messenger. If you really want to use plus, then stick with using MSN Messenger 7.5 and just wait for the public release. Patchou has been working really hard on Messenger Plus Live so that it will work fine with Windows Live Messenger, so just be patient.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
01-26-2006 10:43 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
can16358p

WLM + MP!L User

34 / Male / –
I know this,
just wondering why these aren't publicly available with a note saying that "It is beta, downloading is NOT recommended" etc. but the users that want to use it even it has problems can download it?
01-26-2006 10:46 PM
Zephyr

monster.rat

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
I know this,
just wondering why these aren't publicly available with a note saying that "It is beta, downloading is NOT recommended" etc. but the users that want to use it even it has problems can download it?

Well, this is really up to Patchou, but i really doubt he would do this. Firstly the point in testing is to fix the bugs in the software and there is no point in releasing a beta which is bound to have some bugs in at first even if there is a warning about it being a beta. If there are lots of bugs, then this may give plus a bad name. It is better to officially release a tested and quality program.
[Image: rhcpsig38tj.png]
01-26-2006 10:52 PM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
I know this,
Plus! has not even been sent to beta testers yet. This means that it isn't even ready for testing. You are going to have to wait.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
01-26-2006 10:53 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
I know this,
Plus! has not even been sent to beta testers yet. This means that it isn't even ready for testing. You are going to have to wait.

Not to mention they have not even been chosen yet :p.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
01-26-2006 11:50 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
It can crash
Plus! being there wont make a difference.
If its crashing you are worried about then you should never take part in beta's and you should just downgrade if you feel that you would rather use 7.5 cause it has less problems.

If you take part in a beta then you are willingly saying that you are willing to test the product to help remove the bugs. Taking part in beta's is not so you can tell people that you are in one. It is to help figure out problems in the site. If you are not willing to face the problems which may arise due to it then never take part in beta's :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
01-27-2006 02:09 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
can16358p

WLM + MP!L User

34 / Male / –
What are you really talking about, I didn't get it. I know what beta testing is, and I DO beta-test WLM, I send feedbacks regularly about the problems I see to Microsoft, I know it is beta-tester's job. Yeah, I will report the bugs I see in Plus! to Patchou if I can beta test. That's no problem with me, anyway, the thing I was saying is something different.
01-27-2006 03:39 PM
Idium

MPSounds.net

41 / Male / –
if you want to beta test follow the instructions on http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=55188
Proud Member of the Linkin Park Underground Join the LPU

MP!L & WLM = go together like WKD and beer

[Image: userbar397951ze.gif]
01-27-2006 05:45 PM
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: