What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » IE 7 Public BETA

Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
IE 7 Public BETA
Author: Message:
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
O.P. IE 7 Public BETA
quote:
Originally Posted on CNET
Microsoft took the wraps off Internet Explorer 7 Tuesday, releasing the new "preview" version of its Web browser to the general public for testing.

The program, still a work in progress, is available for download from the Internet Explorer section of Microsoft's corporate Web site, the company said. The company, which began limited testing in July, had promised to deliver a public beta by the end of March.
IE 7 screenshot

"The big update is that it's public," said Margaret Cobb, group product manager for Internet Explorer at Microsoft. "All previous releases were limited."

The latest version works only with Windows XP Service Pack 2 and includes many of the features Microsoft has been touting for months. Among them are new security and privacy protection capabilities such as mechanisms designed to combat phishing attacks, spyware and other threats.

Another new feature lets users clear their browsing history more easily and thus wipe out passwords, form data and cookies in one click, the company said.

The new browser also includes tabbed browsing and a search box on a more streamlined toolbar, concepts that should be familiar to users of Firefox, a rival browser distributed by the Mozilla Foundation.
Microsoft said that the new Printing Enhancements and Shrink to Fit printing features enable users to adjust margins, change the page layout, remove headers or footers, and increase or decrease the print space.

Tabbed browsing lets users open multiple Web pages in a single browser window. Microsoft has tried to best Firefox with something called Quick Tabs. That feature provides an at-a-glance, thumbnail view of all open tabs in a single window.

In addition, the program is supposed to let users more easily subscribe to syndicated feeds from news and sports sites, blogs and stores. The browser detects feeds enabled by Real Simple Syndication, or RSS, technology, illuminating an icon on the toolbar. Users can preview, subscribe and scan syndicated headlines directly through the browser, Microsoft said.

IE 7 also includes a number of new features for Web developers, including support for up-and-coming Web-programming technologies known collectively as AJAX.

Microsoft plans to release a final version of IE 7 later this year, around the time the company debuts the next version of its Windows operating system, Windows Vista.

Linkage
01-31-2006 09:17 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
[MR]
Veteran Member

Scruffy Ruffy

33 / Male / Flag
RE: IE 7 Public BETA
thats pretty cool, thanks for the link.  too bad you have to have windows activated to install it.  i really need to call ms about activating it, b/c im on the version of xp that i did buy but i used it too many times.
[Image: siggy20ss.jpg]
01-31-2006 10:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
no sp2, no using it, dam sp2 not being compatible with me :@
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
01-31-2006 10:38 PM
_Humphreys
Veteran Member

24 / – / Flag
I'll upgrade to it but I won't be using it, it'll have security pot-holes all over the place in minutes.

I have grew accustomed to Firefox and I want to now stick with it.
AC3
01-31-2006 11:14 PM
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Its really cool.  Whats lame is the fact that the build im on is a later version than the public build they decided to release.  You think they'd release the newest code to everyone...we all get that it's beta and all.  Whatever though.

FREE PATCHOU
01-31-2006 11:27 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dane

FREE PATCHOU

huh?
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
01-31-2006 11:29 PM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
If my IE actually worked so i could do the verification or the verification program actually worked, i'd install it..

This post was edited on 01-31-2006 at 11:32 PM by Jhrono.
01-31-2006 11:31 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Johny
If my IE actually worked so i could do the verification or the verification program actually worked, i'd install it..

:lol:!!!

Well I'm currently using a newer build as well, to be quite honest I think it's a lot better than IE6, but I've gotten used to Firefox, and don't really want to change.
01-31-2006 11:35 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
I'm serious lp15 :p, this really doesnt work.. oh the almighty opera..
01-31-2006 11:36 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
-dt-
Scripting Contest Winner

;o

35 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by tehGspider
IE 7 also includes a number of new features for Web developers, including support for up-and-coming Web-programming technologies known collectively as AJAX.
* -dt- laughs
:-/ they have had ajax support since who knows when hell they invented xmlhttpreqest (the thing which enables "ajax"

:-/ the only change i can see that they changed their activeX xmlhttprequest object to xmlhttprequest();

if they supported xPaths or e4x then that statement would be true or something they neeeeeed to add is the eventListener functions (addEventListener and removeEventListener )
[Image: dt2.0v2.png]      Happy Birthday, WDZ
02-01-2006 01:55 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: