What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ?

Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ?
Author: Message:
Solutech

O.P. Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ?
Heres the scenario .......

Standard xp pro install on a laptop . Runs perfect updated to SP2 and all updates . All drivers updated and directx .

Install MSN 7.5 . Signs in and out no bother at all . This is attached on my router off my broadband connection .

Return laptop to customers house and sets it up and attaches to her router .

Try to sign in msn and its a no go . You get either "Sorry the service is busy try again later" or "Unable to connect please try later" . Neither have connection error codes .

Nothing has been changed at all the laptop has been turned off and moved to the customers house . I have checked her router and opened the ports . I even tried DMZ'ing the pc msn is installed on . Again nada .

Uninstall and reinstall 7.5 and again big fat raspberry .

As a final throw of the dice I uninstall and go to oldversion.com and download msn 7.0 and install that . Bang signs in first go and a subsequent ten times no problem at all . Upgrade back to 7.5 and again zip . Revert to 7.0 and it signs in .

So here is the biggy .... The only difference between her broadband and mine is she is on AOL and im on a sensible ISP Pipex lol .

Does anyone have an explanation for this . I can attach this system to my router/line and 7.5 runs fine . On her router/line it wont sign in and I have to revert to 7.0 .

Im a pc engineer so the routers are both AOK with no weird or bizarre configs on either .

Im hoping someone here knows what it is . And yes her login works on her laptop when its connected at my house but not at hers so I doubt highly its a login/account issue .

Im hoping someone can shed some light on this as she really wants 7.5 .

I also tested WLM on it at her house (yes its legal im on the WLM testers list) and that fails to login either again with these nondescript errors .

Trouble shooter gives me ticks down the board no matter what .

Im truly confused lol .
02-03-2006 06:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
MattyRid
Veteran Member

Red Bull Racing Australia

– / Male / Flag
RE: Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ?
click here and give this a shot. Also have you tried disconnecting the customer's router and sign in?
Red Bull Racing Australia - Triple Eight Race Engineering - Holden
02-03-2006 06:54 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Solutech

O.P. RE: Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ?
This isnt that error . It has no code and 7.5 works just fine on the machine on my broadband just not at the customers . I cant see what can make it sign in fine here but not there . I doubt highly that this is this issue .
02-03-2006 02:13 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
auhsor

Woop

38 / Male / –
RE: Weird Messenger problem - Has this happened to you ?
Possibly might have something to do with the firmware of the modem/router. I remember there is an older version of the firmware for my modem that had issues with Messenger 6.
02-04-2006 03:21 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: