What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » Scripting » Plug-Ins » Idea for a hidden address plugin

Idea for a hidden address plugin
Author: Message:
simsgenius

O.P. Idea for a hidden address plugin
Right, well people don't want others to have their address cause they don't want them to bug them (that could be solved by blocking) and giving their address out. But what i have found is that some people don't trust other people with their email address but they would still like to talk to them.

Well what if you could be on msn and then you joined some sort of thing which meant you had a kinda code which was a few letters and numbers in or something and then all the person has to do is type in something like:

/[whatever msgplus code thing would go here to signal that you wanted to send one of these messages] [persons code] [message]

Not thought this through entirely but you get the jist. I had this idea for mobiles which would probably be more useful but cost lots.

And btw, the uk (which i'm in) has a new law that means that as long as i can give proof that i came up with the idea first (this post is proof) then the idea is automatically copyrighted to me and i could take someone to court for copying (but obviously if it was something stupid like i sue them for my idea of using and in 2 sentences in a row they wouldn't let me win). That's just some legal natter so nobody copies the idea.:D
02-06-2006 07:38 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
ShawnZ
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: Idea for a hidden address plugin
cool idea... but wouldn't the code be the exact same as the address and have no difference? =p
Spoiler:
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
the game.
02-06-2006 07:42 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
n0n4m3

44 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by simsgenius
Right, well people don't want others to have their address cause they don't want them to bug them (that could be solved by blocking) and giving their address out. But what i have found is that some people don't trust other people with their email address but they would still like to talk to them.

I created invisible lists to help with this kind of situation. Check the post: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=53...d=577262#pid577262

quote:
Well what if you could be on msn and then you joined some sort of thing which meant you had a kinda code which was a few letters and numbers in or something and then all the person has to do is type in something like:

/[whatever msgplus code thing would go here to signal that you wanted to send one of these messages] [persons code] [message]

Not thought this through entirely but you get the jist. I had this idea for mobiles which would probably be more useful but cost lots.

Like Shawnz said, what would be the difference of having your email or code?

quote:
And btw, the uk (which i'm in) has a new law that means that as long as i can give proof that i came up with the idea first (this post is proof) then the idea is automatically copyrighted to me and i could take someone to court for copying (but obviously if it was something stupid like i sue them for my idea of using and in 2 sentences in a row they wouldn't let me win). That's just some legal natter so nobody copies the idea.:D

If you did want the idea for yourself, why would you post in this forum in the first place? eheheh :P
And I think you can't sue people from countries that have nothing to do with uk :)

This post was edited on 02-06-2006 at 08:47 PM by n0n4m3.
02-06-2006 08:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by n0n4m3
    quote:Originally posted by simsgenius
    And btw, the uk (which i'm in) has a new law that means that as long as i can give proof that i came up with the idea first (this post is proof) then the idea is automatically copyrighted to me and i could take someone to court for copying (but obviously if it was something stupid like i sue them for my idea of using and in 2 sentences in a row they wouldn't let me win). That's just some legal natter so nobody copies the idea.(Smilie)

If you did want the idea for yourself, why would you post in this forum in the first place? eheheh (Smilie)
And I think you can't sue people from countries that have nothing to do with uk (Smilie)

is he asking for someone to make the plug-in
or is he going to do it?
cos if he's asking fot it to be made then he has kinda screwed up the idea of it being "his plug-in" it is only "his idea"
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
02-06-2006 09:18 PM
simsgenius

O.P. RE: Idea for a hidden address plugin
no, i'm an ideas person, not a technical person.
02-06-2006 09:54 PM
DJKAL

33 / Male / –
quote:

then why post the bit about the copy right?
it will just make people not create your idea in fear of getting sued!
"You don't sleep, you defragment!"
02-06-2006 09:57 PM
simsgenius

O.P. RE: Idea for a hidden address plugin
i mean that the mobile idea could probably be very sucessful and work and i don't want someone else taking creidt for it and lots of money.
02-06-2006 10:11 PM
TheBlasphemer

36 / – / –
Yes yes, that copyright bit really helps to motivate! *ahem*
Anyway, Web2Messenger was created for this purpose, so you can have people talking to you without giving out your address :)
[Image: theblasp.png]
02-07-2006 08:58 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
quote:
"You are an ideas man simsgenius. That's why I'll call you the ideas man. You have lots of ideas."

This post was edited on 02-07-2006 at 09:41 AM by linx05.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
02-07-2006 09:13 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites