What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Coloring your MSN Name

Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
Coloring your MSN Name
Author: Message:
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
RE: Colouring your MSN Name
Open the plus preferences
Go to the message helpers panel
then click Commands and keys and make sure this option is checked:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=611282]

.jpg File Attachment: prefs.JPG (57.39 KB)
This file has been downloaded 2575 time(s).
02-28-2006 11:35 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
hlebeau

see thats the point. it is checked. I use it all the time in my converstations. But it simply wont work when i am in "personal settings"

~Heather
02-28-2006 11:51 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by hlebeau
see thats the point. it is checked. I use it all the time in my converstations. But it simply wont work when i am in "personal settings"

~Heather

Oh you're trying to use that in messenger preferences?

You can only use /nick and ctrl + k and all of plus' other features in a conversation window. The picture that chris4 made was to demonstrate his idea.
02-28-2006 11:57 PM
hlebeau

does that mean to have a colourful nick that i have to do that everytime i start anew converstation??
03-01-2006 12:50 AM
MC Inferno
Veteran Member

www.mcinferno.co.uk

35 / Male / Flag
no, all ya cnov's wil have a coloured nick

i really think that colour thing should be done yes. it takes the piss explaining it to ppl turst me, i dont tell em no more, i jus go "dunno, my mate dun it" haha
03-01-2006 02:14 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: Coloring your MSN Name
OK. Let me explain

1. Coloring your nickname is NOT offcially supported by Plus!. Lets make that clear

If you want a easier way to do it, download the ColorNickv2 plugin. Its been translated in different languages so you wont have to worry about not understanding.
03-04-2006 10:18 AM
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
OK. Let me explain

1. Coloring your nickname is NOT offcially supported by Plus!. Lets make that clear

If you want a easier way to do it, download the ColorNickv2 plugin. Its been translated in different languages so you wont have to worry about not understanding.

:|
Wtf are you on about, of course colouring your nick is supported by plus, its one of plus' features ffs. Where did you get the impression that its not officially supported :-/
03-04-2006 12:06 PM
shadowdevil

i think it was /nick, then press ctrl K it, pick color, then type what u wana say, then send it in instant message, NOT IN PERSONAL SETTING. PRETEND UR TALKING TO SOME1. SEND IT LIKE THAT
03-04-2006 10:19 PM
Chris4
Elite Member

32 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Coloring your MSN Name
quote:
Originally posted by shadowdevil
i think it was /nick, then press ctrl K it, pick color, then type what u wana say, then send it in instant message, NOT IN PERSONAL SETTING. PRETEND UR TALKING TO SOME1. SEND IT LIKE THAT

quote:
Originally posted by riahc4
My point in creating this thread was because it shouldn't be so complicated to colour your MSN nickname using Messenger Plus!. You shouldn't have to download a plug-in just to do that. It should come as standard with Messenger Plus!

I sent an e-mail to Patchou with my idea, hopefully I'll get a reply :)
Twitter: @ChrisLozeau
03-05-2006 01:00 AM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
tbh, (and also from the POV of a noob) you're making it much harder than it actually is...

The only thing new people should be learning is that /nick is a command and that Plus! commands are given in a conversation window.

After that it is self-explaining...

And for those who even don't understand that I would suggest to train a bit in handling a computer. Because, if this isn't understood I really wonder what they are doing with a computer. It is basic computer knowledge.

And for those people, the suggestion of Chris4 will not help either as they would be clicking like hell on the "color" button and nothing will happen as they, of course, forget to first select the part they wish to color...

Not to mention, what are you going to do when they want to color the background instead of the foreground? What if they want it bold, or italic or underlined? etc... etc... are you going to implement a whole series of buttons for that? It will make thing far more complicated (not to mention messy GUI) in the end than it really is...

If people don't understand how to use a command (and that a command is always followed by a space...  every command in whatever program, OS or environment), they wouldn't also understand how to use 75% of all the stuff in Plus!.

-

Nevertheless, the option to use IRC style shortcuts directly in the preferences of the nickname textbox Messenger is a good suggestion (although not easy to implement).

This post was edited on 03-05-2006 at 09:13 AM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-05-2006 09:10 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 2 [ 3 ] 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: