What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Keyboard Problem

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Keyboard Problem
Author: Message:
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
O.P. Huh?  Keyboard Problem
Well after every time I click on a key on my keyboard it makes a little tone (beep) that sounds like the tone with STICKkeys. . Its really annoying and I cant find a way to stop the noise, for now the only solution is to close the speakers so i dont hear it.

Anyone know how to fix this? Its bugging me, also if i hold down a key it does it a lot of times like beepbeepbeepbeep. So yeah. +Rep for who ever helps me! XD
02-13-2006 01:15 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Keyboard Problem
Have you tried finding StickyKeys and turning it off?
[Image: spartaafk.png]
02-13-2006 03:02 PM
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
I believe it is:

Open Accessibility Options in Control Panel.

On the Keyboard tab, under StickyKeys, select the Use StickyKeys check box.

Alternatively follow that, click StickyKeys settings and uncheck 'use shortcut'.

This post was edited on 02-13-2006 at 03:46 PM by mwe99.
02-13-2006 03:45 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Ghost_Stalker

I will eat your unhappiness!

40 / Male / –
Could also have the type rate setting set really low. From what I can remember, that beep is the keyboard buffer. ANd when it beeps, that means that the buffer is full. Try seetting the type rate to something high in both Windows and your BIOS
.:. \"Of course I thought it was a terrorist threat.\" - MacArthur Airport worker Kimberley Edwards describing a suspecious device flagged by x-ray inspectors that caused the west wing of the Long Island airport to be evacuated  It was an XBox 360 .:.
02-13-2006 09:57 PM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Keyboard Problem
Well, I already checked the stickkeys and its not that. Wouldnt stickkeys have an affect on what im typing? Like make it in capitals and stuff.

And ghost talker, i do type fast so it might be the problem... Where do i go to edit the settings in windows and my BIOS?
02-14-2006 05:56 AM
Ghost_Stalker

I will eat your unhappiness!

40 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by .Roy
Well, I already checked the stickkeys and its not that. Wouldnt stickkeys have an affect on what im typing? Like make it in capitals and stuff.

And ghost talker, i do type fast so it might be the problem... Where do i go to edit the settings in windows and my BIOS?

It all depends on your BIOS. I'd check there, sorry, but I don't exactly remember where it is. Maybe under chipset, but i'm not sure. sorry
.:. \"Of course I thought it was a terrorist threat.\" - MacArthur Airport worker Kimberley Edwards describing a suspecious device flagged by x-ray inspectors that caused the west wing of the Long Island airport to be evacuated  It was an XBox 360 .:.
02-14-2006 06:05 AM
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
To bad I dont know what BIOS is :/. Ill check at home if its the keyboard type.
02-14-2006 07:41 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
The BIOS is software operating in your computer. It is on a chip on the motherboard.

IT is the very basic system operating in your computer, it will check the hardware, and load a bootloader, which will load an operating system.

It also is also responsible for input from the keyboard.

The BIOS can be configured from a menu, which is accessible when the computer is starting up. On my computer, and many others, the message "Press DEL to enter setup" is displayed on screen is displayed.

Once you get into setup, you will be able to find options for keyboard repeat rate and keyboard repeat delay. These options control how long a key needs to be pressed for before it is considered held down, and once it is considered held down, how often the keypress is acknowledged.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
02-14-2006 08:18 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
.Roy
Veteran Member

20 / Male / –
And thats why my keyboard is making a noise every time i click a key?
02-15-2006 08:20 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
I think that it is a software problem actually, but I added the information for you in case it was helpful. Exactly what type of problem, I don't know.

I do know that the beep is to let you know that the keypress worked (you don't need to press harder), but that the keypress wasn't accepted by any program (perhaps the OS locked up).

If you press "S", but nothing happens on screen, because the program didn't take any notice of the keypress, you would probably press it again. The beep lets you know that it was pressed, but it had no effect as no software was ready for it.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
02-15-2006 09:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: