What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Anonymous rant

Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
Anonymous rant
Author: Message:
Dragular

New account, Old Member.

– / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  Anonymous rant
Talking on MSN, I told friend of mine that someone got banned for putting a confirmation email on a blog about testing Plus! Live, he had this to say (Warning: contains strong language!):
quote:
nah im thankfull he made plus, but I hate how many fucking mindless idiots WORSHIP himyou go in the forum and it's like "omgzorz 1 luv p4tchooozz. It's influence of the mob, you'll notice by visiting the plus forum regularly that if you even THINK negative thoughts about patch your a "disgrace to the community" and no one DARES leak because i love patchou and they love patchou and anything patchou says is god and omg patchou so cool, patchou we all love... I mean fo rfucks sake let go of it already, it's a nice peice of software with nice features and a nice bundled spyware to get patchou his money, but everyone has to bitch about WLM and leak it, why? Because the people who make it and bust their ass a LOT more then P dont post on a fucking forum asking people to "submit pictures of their tree" or suggest impossibly noobisg features like block checking in plus? I say fuck them, leak it, let people who WANT to use the beta USE it. What harm could it do?The ones who would be sad because it fucks their MSN or Windows probably wouldnt know how to get the leak, let alone be testing WLM.now put all that together, quote it, and post it in the forum saying the person who said it wants to remain anonymmous. And by the way, dont get me wrong, I think Patchou did a great job, that he put's lot's of effort into Plus! and I also must say the community has some really nice people but...
There you go.

This post was edited on 02-15-2006 at 09:01 PM by Dragular.
[Image: dralex.png]
02-15-2006 08:57 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
zaher1988

Inseperable

36 / Male / Flag
RE: Anonymous rant
wow  haha !! that man is so angry !! ::D

02-15-2006 09:02 PM
prashker
Veteran Member

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by zaher1988
wow  haha !! that man is so angry !! ::D
ditto!
02-15-2006 09:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
1) Most of the people here are not "fucking mindless idiots worshipping" Patchou at all...

If something has to be said negativly towards him or Plus!, people will say it, no matter what!. The fact is that the people here appreciate and respect the skills and effort Patchou puts into his software, nothing more, nothing less.

In fact, if you look closer to the forum, you'll see a lot of critics too. But it is of course very convenient for the sake of blog ranting to ignore those posts...

2) Leaking is bad, wheither it is Plus! or a product from Microsoft. If you can't understand the reason why, or can't see why leaking actually WILL harm a product development then you need to grow out of your 13-year old "script-kiddy" attitude and do some research on how software is made, bug-fixed and released.

3) People will not leak software because of the stuff said in point 2 and because out of respect of the developper, no matter if it was Patchou, MS or whatever... Respect you clearly don't have; no surprising though, reading your rant and the way you think...

4) Nevertheless, you are entitled to your opinion of course. But the way you rant (an thus think) about this also shows that you don't have a clear view/knowledge on the things you talk about... (not to mention not much respect, if not nothing at all, for other people's products!!!)

This post was edited on 02-15-2006 at 09:24 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
02-15-2006 09:06 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dragular
but...

is there another part?
i think hes timothy
sorry if he isnt
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-15-2006 09:07 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Dane
Non-Elite Member

Dont ask to ask, just ASK!

35 / Male / Flag
Haha, that loser really needs to get a life.  He sounds like an Emo 14 year old who is jealous of Patchou so he has to try and bash him and his supporters.  Well, I know he's reading this, so this next part is to him.  Guess what fucknut?  You create a quality piece of software with over 6 million users, YOU devote your money to it, and then maybe, just MAYBE, someone will respect you.  Right now though from your comments, its quite evident that you are a shit stain upon this earth right now and have no life whatsoever.  So why dont you take your negative energy and self loathing and shove it straight the fuck up your ass, cause we dont want to hear it.  Are you fucking afraid we will all bash you if you come say it yourself, or are you just that fucking immature to fight your own battle?

Have a nice day, Loser. :)
02-15-2006 09:17 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
Hm, was interesting and funny :p.

1. We can take negative critisism about Plus! or Patchou, as long as it is based on truth or well build. 

2. As CookieRevised already said, we're not all 'fucking mindless idiots worshipping' Patchou, don't tell everyone is the same because maybe a few act that way.

3. Plus! doesn't get leaked not because we "worship" Patchou but because we know how much work he put in to it and we respect that. Don't compare Plus! beta-testing to WLM beta testing. The WLM beta testers aren't the same as the Plus! beta testers. Not all people want to leak software.

4. I think it's stupid advise saying "leak it" as you should ALWAYS be carefull with a beta. A beta isn't finished yet, is filled with bugs and is for testing purposes only, not for fun (well, not in the first place :)).
quote:
What harm could it do?The ones who would be sad because it fucks their MSN or Windows probably wouldnt know how to get the leak, let alone be testing WLM.
Once a program is leaked to the internet it isn't hard to find it :/. A simple google often does the trick already. And if one person finds it and installs it and others see that they'll say "I want it too!" and so it gets more and more spread. Even amongst people who don't know anything about beta testing or the problems a beta might bring to a computer.

Let the beta testers do their job so people will receive the final with as few bugs as possible.

quote:
Because the people who make it and bust their ass a LOT more then P
You can't really compare these as you don't know how long they each spend on their product. Also, the WLM-team is a team while Patchou does it on his own.
02-15-2006 09:21 PM
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dragular
quote:
i love patchou and they love patchou and anything patchou says is god and omg patchou so cool, patchou we all love...

Yup, patchou is my god and i even made a religion based on plus!

but seriosuly, that guy is a retard and needs to know how hard patchou works to make plus what it is and to do it on time
02-15-2006 09:25 PM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
i think hes timothy
Doubt it, mess.be and Patchou are good friends :). Anyway, the guy wanted to remain anonymous, so no use i guessing it.

I don't see how the submit you xmas tree thread and a blockchecking suggestion have anything todo with Patchou worshipping. The post your tree thread is in fact a nice example of how this forum is a community, the thread has nothing todo with Patchou, he didn't even post in that topic afaik.

Anyway, let him rant :D. I can understand it might look like bad when you only read topics started be Patchou when a new version is released and such... those are always full with :bow:Patchou:bow:. But he forgot to look at all the other topics then where this forum is just a community.

And like Cookie said, if something has to be said negativly towards Patch or Plus!, people will say it. I wouldn't even have been around here anymore if he never decided to make the sponsor package optional for example. And there are numerous threads with suggestions on how to make the sponsor agreement clearer, also from big Plus! fans.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-15-2006 09:26 PM
Fanta

<fun stuff goes here>

44 / Female / Flag
It's easy to seek attention by badmouthing someone else. Only it would be more impressive if the badmouther could prove he could do a better job than Patchou. 

I think it's rather cowardice to state shit anonymously. Be a man, if you have an opinion, stand for it and state it loudly and proudly.

[Image: fantaclub7fz.gif]

02-15-2006 11:09 PM
Pages: (4): « First [ 1 ] 2 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: