What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Anonymous rant

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Anonymous rant
Author: Message:
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Anonymous rant
not that tymothy
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Doubt it, mess.be and Patchou are good friends
i never meant him :P should have been clear. my mistake.
Him :
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/member.php?action=profile&uid=52611
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-15-2006 11:12 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
Ah, lol. I just assumed it was the only Timothy in messenger world i know :p. My bad.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
02-15-2006 11:17 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

Shrink worthy rant me thinks. :p.
02-15-2006 11:21 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Voldemort
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
:P hahahah the guy who made it knows nothing :P
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX

Ah, lol. I just assumed it was the only Timothy in messenger world i know (Smilie). My bad.
:P :)
*All posts are a purely speculative hypothesis based on abstract reasoning.
Not my daughter, you bitch!
[Image: ico-mollytrix16.gif]
02-15-2006 11:25 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
L. Coyote

Captain Obvious

38 / Male / Flag
|-) Just another loser.

Next, please!

Hack, hack, hack!
Finally became a Systems Analyst! :spam:

02-15-2006 11:39 PM
albert
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
1) I might be looked at a little badly, but I think he is right about the whole "worship Patchou thing". Don't take me wrong though, I am one of these who respect Patchou a lot. I think what he's done is amazing, and so much investment of time in this software is just spectacular, this is one of the reason I decided to apply for beta-testing, because I love his idea of the software, and I want to help out as much as possible.

But I think some people have a little more than respect for him.. :S We do jump on people who say some bad stuff about him, and though I am one of the firsts to stand by his side when MP! is being accused of anything, (as the bundled adware) I think some of the replys that members give out, a lot of times provocative and mean, make it sound like if he was our God.

2) I think if I had to give more credits to Patch or the MSN Messenger team ( WLM developpers team now ) I would go to Patchou for a few reasons :

-He's working by himself to make this software available to everyone
-He's doing it for free, yes, he does get a little benifit from the adaware, but mostly it's a contribution he's giving out to the community, compared to Microsoft who do this as a living.

This doesn't mean I do not respect Microsoft, I will not leak neither MP! L. or WLM, for a lot of reasons. When it comes to leaking, a lot of factors come in the count, which explains why Microsoft or other big companies wait a lot before making a beta public.

Some of these factors could mainly be the fact that the bugs could make anyone dislike the software, therefore when it is bug free, not install it. A lot of other reasons can be given, but I will not get into them, seeing as I am not the best person to answer that question.

I hope people will not take this post negativly, this is simply what I feel, and my truest opinion of things.

This post was edited on 02-15-2006 at 11:40 PM by albert.
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
:p I was expecting something worthwhile for reading... haha... proved me wrong.
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Dragular
Talking on MSN, I told friend of mine that someone got banned for putting a confirmation email on a blog about testing Plus! Live, he had this to say (Warning: contains strong language!):
quote:
nah im thankfull he made plus, but I hate how many fucking mindless idiots WORSHIP himyou go in the forum and it's like "omgzorz 1 luv p4tchooozz. It's influence of the mob, you'll notice by visiting the plus forum regularly that if you even THINK negative thoughts about patch your a "disgrace to the community" and no one DARES leak because i love patchou and they love patchou and anything patchou says is god and omg patchou so cool, patchou we all love... I mean fo rfucks sake let go of it already, it's a nice peice of software with nice features and a nice bundled spyware to get patchou his money, but everyone has to bitch about WLM and leak it, why? Because the people who make it and bust their ass a LOT more then P dont post on a fucking forum asking people to "submit pictures of their tree" or suggest impossibly noobisg features like block checking in plus? I say fuck them, leak it, let people who WANT to use the beta USE it. What harm could it do?The ones who would be sad because it fucks their MSN or Windows probably wouldnt know how to get the leak, let alone be testing WLM.now put all that together, quote it, and post it in the forum saying the person who said it wants to remain anonymmous. And by the way, dont get me wrong, I think Patchou did a great job, that he put's lot's of effort into Plus! and I also must say the community has some really nice people but...
There you go.

ummmmmm....... you call him your friend?:^)

This post was edited on 02-16-2006 at 01:46 AM by Discrate.
02-16-2006 01:40 AM
Trunten

quote:
Talking on MSN, I told friend of mine that someone got banned for putting a confirmation email on a blog about testing Plus! Live, he had this to say (Warning: contains strong language!):
I was the one who made the mistake about posting the email on my blog (see that other wlm topic).

No, that's not me who ranted that, and no, I don't know who it is.

Just had to say that for the record.
02-16-2006 01:47 AM
Discrate
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Anonymous rant
quote:
Originally posted by Trunten
quote:
I was the one who made the mistake about posting the email on my blog (see that other wlm topic).

No, that's not me who ranted that, and no, I don't know who it is.

Just had to say that for the record.

Why did you post the e-mail on your blog man? thats just wrong(N):|

This post was edited on 02-16-2006 at 01:51 AM by Discrate.
02-16-2006 01:50 AM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: