What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Messenger Plus suggestion for next version...

Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
Messenger Plus suggestion for next version...
Author: Message:
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
RE: RE: Messenger Plus request for next version...
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
The toasts display names when Custom Names are turned off, and e-mail addresses when they are turned on. However, if it's desirable, I can change it to allow the user to pick which to use (would make the code simpler too).
I may also add the Plus!-style toast skin to the plugin for those that want it (with Patchou's permission of course).

I've always had phoenix but never actually used it . I always wanted the feature to display a toast for everyone at change status but didn't realise your plugin had it! (d'oh - my bad)

Anyway, I just activated the plugin and - sorry if it's been suggested before - is it not possible to display the actual renamed contact name instead of the email? Also, it would be great if you were allowed to use the plus style popups because - although yours are very nice - they don't really fit in with the msn style of things. (Incidentally, do you actually need permission because Stuffplug has similar popups that they made themselves?)
02-17-2006 03:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
chance

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Messenger Plus request for next version...
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
The toasts display names when Custom Names are turned off, and e-mail addresses when they are turned on. However, if it's desirable, I can change it to allow the user to pick which to use (would make the code simpler too).
I may also add the Plus!-style toast skin to the plugin for those that want it (with Patchou's permission of course).

that sounds great. like kierant said, it would be nice if the toast (dunno why it's called toast, someone care to explain?) was just like the msn toast... i guess we're just used to it like that. maybe custom sounds would be nice too so not all popups have the same sound.

also, i have enable custom contact names unticked... but it still shows emails in the toast... any ideas?

This post was edited on 02-17-2006 at 03:45 PM by chance.
02-17-2006 03:35 PM
RaceProUK
Elite Member

39 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus suggestion for next version...
quote:
Originally posted by kierant
Anyway, I just activated the plugin and - sorry if it's been suggested before - is it not possible to display the actual renamed contact name instead of the email? Also, it would be great if you were allowed to use the plus style popups because - although yours are very nice - they don't really fit in with the msn style of things. (Incidentally, do you actually need permission because Stuffplug has similar popups that they made themselves?)
I would display the custom name, but they're stored encrypted, and only Patchou knows the encryption. As for permission, I see what you mean. I could just copy the image (obviously remove the Plus! logo).
[Image: spartaafk.png]
02-19-2006 10:45 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
chance

39 / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus suggestion for next version...
i just noticed phoenix doesn't show people going offline. perhaps that could be included in the next version? just a thought.
02-22-2006 08:21 AM
linx05

Charlie!!!

38 / Other / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus suggestion for next version...
This can be done already in Plus!.

Preferences > Notifications > Popup Defaults.
For news on anything Tremors, visit Tremors News
End Darko
My blog about my film

Scripts I want to get made:
Taskbar icon to change when contact is typing
02-22-2006 08:33 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First « 1 [ 2 ] Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend