What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! Help » Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows
Author: Message:
shaz-a-boo

little boo boy

41 / Male / –
O.P. Shocked  Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows
I currently have the following:

MSN Messenger v7.5.0324
Messenger Plus v3.62.146
-  Messenger Plus Plugin:  StuffPlug-NG v2.2.397

I am experiancing a problem where Messenger Plus seems to load correctly in the Contact List window, however dose not load (expect the menu selector) in the chat windows.

For example to go /brb will just result in the text "/brb" being sent to the contact instead of changing my status from 'online' to 'be right back'.  Further more, the feature "ctrl+space" has been setup and dosn't work expect creating a space in the typing space of the msn window (if its open) otherwise I will normally get a system beep.

The Messenger Plus icons that should be displayed in the chat windows are not displayed, and part of that is the probelm (as I would think).  The following FAQ said "The Plus! menu isn't in my Messenger!
Verify if you have a version of 4.7 or higher. Try closing Messenger (CTRL+ALT+DEL -> Task Manager -> Kill Process MSNMSGS.exe and restart MSN..

If you are having trouble after that, try to change the Hooking Method (3rd TAB at first page, Forced Hooking)
"

I have tried all three.  I have changed the options, restarted both MSN and Messenger Plus.  And have changed the options and restarted the computer and I still get the same results.  Messenger Plus loading, just not usable as it should be in the MSN chats.

Any help in solving this problem would be super-de-doper.

Thanks in advance,
shzaz
02-19-2006 07:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows
I'm guessing you are on windows xp so could you press ctrl+alt+del and goto the processes tab and check if the MsgPlus.exe is running.

If it isnt could you goto start > run > type "msconfig" (without the quotes :P)
When the System configuration utility opens goto the startup tab (last)
In there could you check if MsgPlus.exe is ticked :)

Mabbe it not being loaded is the problem :)

I think it is on but i would just like to check cause i you cant use any of MP!'s features right ?? So i'd just like to check :)
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
02-19-2006 07:35 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
shaz-a-boo

little boo boy

41 / Male / –
O.P. RE: Messenger Plus not loading in cha windows
Messenger Plus is loading.  Just not loading into the chat window.  For example both the Contact and chat windows have the Plus! menu (at the top of the screen (Alt+U).

However using the Messenger Plus codes dont work.  For example, /brb  /offline, sounds, or anything else (plugin commands for StuffPlug-NG).

The icons that are meant to be in the chat windows do not load into the window.  The smale Messenger Plus! Logo, and the Messenger Plus! Sound icon.

HOLY crap, I thought I posted this reply.  Sorry for the late reply
02-19-2006 11:35 AM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
This problem seems to have the 'symptoms' of what happens when Plus! is installed on the newer Windows Live Messenger (I understand you have said above you are not using this).

Have you, in the past, installed any version of Windows Live Messenger on that system?

Also as a test to see if all of these 'symptoms' are the same as what has been occuring with Plus! and WLM, try and set transparancy to your contact list. Next, right click on a contact in the contact list and see if there is a Messenger Plus! menu at the bottom.

If you are able to set transperency but are unable to use features via right clicking in the contact list then your problem pretty much looks like Plus! installed on a Windows Live Messenger system, even if this is not the actual case.
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

02-19-2006 12:10 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
shaz-a-boo

little boo boy

41 / Male / –
I set both the transparancy for the contact list and the chat window to around 40%.  They both worked.

I am able to access the righ click menu in the contact list.

I am not apart of one of the countries available to beta test the WLM service, and have not used a patched version of it yet either.  I have however been to the live.com site.

Anything else we need to test?

shaz
02-19-2006 12:17 PM
haydos
Veteran Member

dirty dirty house music

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by shaz-a-boo
I am able to access the righ click menu in the contact list.

quote:
Originally posted by shaz-a-boo
Anything else we need to test?
Not for this theory, the above quote proves that Plus! is not reacting in a 'WLM-like' manner.

Have you simply tried re-installing Messenger Plus!?
quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
don't be lazy
[Image: gayspam.gif]

02-19-2006 12:26 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
shaz-a-boo

little boo boy

41 / Male / –
Yes three times.  The new install was with a new MSN downloaded, as well as new Messenger Plus!  Sometimes it works, as in that it loads into the contact list [edit]chat window[/edit] but that is like once every two weeks.

I have tried many settings and restore default settings, but it don't work either.

I so miss my Messenger Plus it saved me getting in trouble :P

This post was edited on 02-19-2006 at 12:37 PM by shaz-a-boo.
02-19-2006 12:28 PM
shaz-a-boo

little boo boy

41 / Male / –
FYI...  I got a follow Messenger Plus user to send me a ping, and it don't reply.

Just thought it might help some how :-S
02-19-2006 12:43 PM
hypedupmonkey

33 / Male / –
Have you tried seeing if Messenger Plus! is loading in Windows Messenger (assuming you are running Windows XP)?

It is worth a try to see if Messenger Plus! is running correctly with Windows Messenger, if so it must be something connecting Plus! to MSN Messenger.

Hyped
[Image: WLM8.png]
02-19-2006 01:35 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Sunshine
Elite Member

– / Female / Flag
quote:
However using the Messenger Plus codes dont work.  For example, /brb  /offline, sounds, or anything else (plugin commands for StuffPlug-NG).
Are you sure you enabled use of commands and tags in Plus!?

Commands and Tags

[Image: plusmessagehelpers0bc.png]

quote:
The icons that are meant to be in the chat windows do not load into the window.  The smale Messenger Plus! Logo, and the Messenger Plus! Sound icon.
For that you will have to enhance the toolbars with Messenger Plus! features (plus > preferences > instant messages).
quote:
FYI...  I got a follow Messenger Plus user to send me a ping, and it don't reply.
See above picture, check if you got the box infront "Respond to Ping? requests" ticked.

This post was edited on 02-19-2006 at 03:59 PM by Sunshine.
[Image: 25dr3o9]
02-19-2006 03:39 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: