What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » MPL! fake GUI Contest.

Pages: (10): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 » Last »
MPL! fake GUI Contest.
Author: Message:
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
RE: MPL! fake GUI Contest.
quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs

quote:
Originally posted by Msgstuff.com By absorbation
It was a competition set up by patchou for you all to join in, basiclly people had to trick as many websites that this was a real leak
No this is a contest to give Patchou ideas and etc. This is wrong.

No, YOU are wrong.
Patchou isn't the one designing the GUI just in case you don't know, Guido does it.
This contest is for people to trick as many websites as they could and made people believe it was a real screen shot .

This post was edited on 02-24-2006 at 01:20 AM by Jhrono.
02-24-2006 01:19 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Johny
quote:

quote:
It was a competition set up by patchou for you all to join in, basiclly people had to trick as many websites that this was a real leak

this is right.
Patchou isn't the one designing the GUI just in case you don't know. Guido does it.
This contest is for people to trick as many websites as they could and made people believe it was a real screen shot .
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
lol, I was wondering what the hell it could be.

I'm dispointed as interfaces is precisely what I'm currently missing for Mesenger Plus! Live. I was hoping to find something that would have helped me here
quote:
Originally posted by nvez
We should make a competition which we all try to do fake images of MP!L interface, and the one that Patchou thinks is the most original/good looking wins a.... something.

There was no reference to a fake leak anywhere there. Patchou wanted ideas. So nvez thought we should have a contest. Patchou agreed. Nothing related to a leak there.

This post was edited on 02-24-2006 at 01:24 AM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
02-24-2006 01:23 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
Do you want to battle me with quotes from other threads ? Just a minute, i'll edit this is in a second

EDIT :

quote:

Go on... if any one of you can get his screenshot leaked on a site saying that it comes from Plus! Live, he sends me the url, his address and he gets a shirt (Smilie). Just wait for the shirt though, I'll send you the new model (in about a month from now).

THIS WAS POSTED HERE http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=56...d=608644#pid608644

want a tissue ? Here's a tissue bitch.

This post was edited on 02-24-2006 at 01:29 AM by Jhrono.
02-24-2006 01:25 AM
Curtis

31 / Male / Flag
It also says on MSGStuff that Mess.be fell for it.  I didn't see anything about it on Mess.be.
02-24-2006 01:25 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:

quote:

Actually you are wrong, :dodgy:. This contest is for people to design the best FAKE GUI concept, the winner will be choosen by Patchou and will get a t-shirt. The other "contest" was that the first person to get a website to post news claiming that a concept that was made here was the real thing but leaked, got a t-shirt as well.

8-)
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
02-24-2006 01:26 AM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
quote:
There was no reference to a fake leak anywhere there.
Ah, read the whole thread :
quote:

Go on... if any one of you can get his screenshot leaked on a site saying that it comes from Plus! Live, he sends me the url, his address and he gets a shirt (Smilie). Just wait for the shirt though, I'll send you the new model (in about a month from now).

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
This contest is for people to design the best FAKE GUI concept, the winner will be choosen by Patchou and will get a t-shirt. The other "contest" was that the first person to get a website to post news claiming that a concept that was made here was the real thing but leaked, got a t-shirt as well.
What other, it was only one.. On the post i just quoted above, patchou says nothing about making another contest, he's just changing the rules of the existing one.

This post was edited on 02-24-2006 at 01:32 AM by Jhrono.
02-24-2006 01:31 AM
Lou
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
There was no reference to a fake leak anywhere there.
Ah, read the whole thread :
quote:

quote:
This contest is for people to design the best FAKE GUI concept, the winner will be choosen by Patchou and will get a t-shirt. The other "contest" was that the first person to get a website to post news claiming that a concept that was made here was the real thing but leaked, got a t-shirt as well.
What other, it was only one.. On the post i just quote above, patchou says nothing about making another contest, he's just changing the rules of the existing one.
The changed rules of the existing one where not posted here.

This post was edited on 02-24-2006 at 01:34 AM by Lou.
[Image: msghelp.net.png]
The future holds bright things in it\\\'s path, but only time will tell what they are and where they come from.
Messenger Stuff Forums
02-24-2006 01:34 AM
Jhrono
Veteran Member

32 / Male / Flag
there only exists 1 and this thread was made to continue the one on T&T just to prevent it from prunning.

oh and * - were.
02-24-2006 01:36 AM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
quote:
What other, it was only one.. On the post i just quoted above, patchou says nothing about making another contest, he's just changing the rules of the existing one.

What you posted was the thing with getting it posted on websites, yes. But if you bothered to read other threads, he also stated:

quote:
Originally posted by nvez
We should make a competition which we all try to do fake images of MP!L interface, and the one that Patchou thinks is the most original/good looking wins a.... something.

Then:

quote:
ok, go ahead for the competition, I'll send the winner a shirt. And leave M_e alone, he has the right to like guys......

Now stop argueing and lets get back ontopic please.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
02-24-2006 01:43 AM
Chestah
Veteran Member

35 / Male / –
quote:
@ Eljay: Now that's a professional design. If my Plus! looked like that I'd love it.
I totally agree :P. I'm assuming each "page of options" will have tooltips visible on hover so the user will know exactly what they are for. Patchou might want some sort of text visible under each icon so the user knows what options will appear. Not all users will automatically see an icon and go "oh thats what i'm looking for!" :P

quote:
    quote:Originally posted by Patchou
    ok, go ahead for the competition, I'll send the winner a shirt. And leave M_e alone, he has the right to like guys......

Now stop argueing and lets get back ontopic please.

I can confirm that: This is merely a competition to help Patchou design the GUI of Plus Live! I believe he stated that this was one thing Plus Live! was currently lacking and decided the community could help him with some designs :).

These forums sometimes remind me of King Lear... people seem to often misinterupt and misunderstand language. :P

This post was edited on 02-24-2006 at 05:58 AM by Chestah.
Segosa is newb.
02-24-2006 05:53 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (10): « First « 5 6 7 8 [ 9 ] 10 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: