What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list?

Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list?
Author: Message:
Feomathar

O.P. Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list?
That simple question. If you check in the Privacy options, you can see your contacts list (allow list) as well as your list of blocked people, there's a button to view people that has added you also.

Someone deleted me from his/her contact list but I can still see his/her online status and can send him/her messages, so she/he didn't blocked me. That means I don't see him/her anymore in the list of people who added me. Of course, what this contact wants is that he/she is not supposed to talk to me anymore but wants to see that I still am willing to talk to him/her.

What I want to do is that he/she couldn't see that I still have him/her added in my list, to just tell him/her that "I don't have him/her in my contact list anymore". But actually I don't want to do that, I still want to see his/her online status, and still have the ability to send him/her messages (for some purposes at future).

I don't want to specify my reasons, what happened etc xD  So I also don't expect advices like: make a new account and add him/her, but don't tell him who you are and be friends so that you could see his/her online status in that new account and so that you can actually delete that contact from your former account.

BTW. Is it possible to send a message to someone that obviously hasn't blocked you but that you don't have in your contact list? That's the reason of the problem. But I also want to see his/her nick and online status. To keep a watch on someone but not telling him/her I'm doing that (because he/she can't see that I still have him/her in my contact list if he/she take a look at "people that has added you" list).

Any plugin? advice? :D
02-22-2006 02:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
kierant

Can you still feel the butterflies?

– / Male / –
RE: Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list?
Can't you just block them and use the Stuffplug feature of being able to talk to blocked contacts..maybe I've misunderstood.
02-22-2006 02:25 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Feomathar

O.P. RE: Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list?
It's an interesting option. But I still want them to be able to send me messages if they use another chater that has that option (send a message to someone not in your contact list). BTW, that's the second question, if I can send a message to someone not in my contact list using MSN Messenger 7.5 (or newer). :)

More over, I have just checked, that even if I block them (without deleting them from my contact list), they can still see me in that "who has added you" list. :(

Thanks

This post was edited on 02-22-2006 at 02:45 AM by Feomathar.
02-22-2006 02:29 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
giken

Windows Live Butterfly

46 / Male / Flag
RE: Is it possible to be invisible to someone in the "who has added you" list?
quote:
Originally posted by Feomathar

make a new account and add him/her, but don't tell him who you are and be friends so that you could see his/her online status in that new account and so that you can actually delete that contact from your former account.

This is the only solution for your needs I guess :)
02-24-2006 01:05 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: