What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Skype & Live Messenger » The new version of 8.0 beta

Pages: (11): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 » Last »
The new version of 8.0 beta
Author: Message:
Doonce

33 / Male / –
RE: RE: The new version of 8.0 beta
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
You need to remember, Doonce, that this is still in BETA. This is NOT the final UI design. It is most likely going to change as for the majority of the managed testers do not like the washed out feeling of this build. If we complain enough, it will get changed :).

I know its not final, and we need to complain a lot more.

But, if it doesnt get changed, is there any chance that the new plus will have skinning options?

and what do u mean by managed testers? just wondering
03-01-2006 11:37 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
RE: The new version of 8.0 beta
quote:
Originally posted by Doonce
I know its not final, and we need to complain a lot more.

But, if it doesnt get changed, is there any chance that the new plus will have skinning options?

I was referring we as those of us in the managed beta group. AKA the people who have newsgroup access, as well as connect access to give feedback, suggestions, and to report bugs.

I'm not quite sure there is going to be skinning options in Plus! Live. But I'll tell you this, I don't see it happening as for there are other 3rd party skinners who will release skins for WLM.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
03-01-2006 11:40 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
quote:

not as far as we know. But some people could find a way to skin WLM :).
quote:
managed beta testers are (in this case) testers chosen by Microsoft to really test every build they get. They get testscenario's to do and often special builds.
03-01-2006 11:42 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Doonce

33 / Male / –
ok.

Why do you think they changed the icons from those awesome ones to the crappy old ones?  I dont think its very 'futuristic' if you use the same icons uve been using for like 2 years.  I guess ill just have to put up with this crappy thing until the people at MS change it.

BTW, am i alone on this thing?  Does anyone else think this new interface sucks compared to the last build?

and about that managed tester.. are you talking about applying on the website, then getting the email like a week later, or you were chosen by MS.  Cuz i did the thing on the site, i wasnt invited by a friend.

This post was edited on 03-02-2006 at 12:04 AM by Doonce.
03-01-2006 11:50 PM
RebelSean
Veteran Member

Microsoft Evangelist

33 / Male / Flag
quote:
ok.

Why do you think they changed the icons from those awesome ones to the crappy old ones?  I dont think its very 'futuristic' if you use the same icons uve been using for like 2 years.  I guess ill just have to put up with this crappy thing until the people at MS change it.

BTW, am i alone on this thing?  Does anyone else think this new interface sucks compared to the last build?

and about that managed tester.. are you talking about applying on the website, then getting the email like a week later, or you were chosen by MS.  Cuz i did the thing on the site, i wasnt invited by a friend.

They changed the icons because the majority of the managed beta testers did not like them and we wanted them changed. Romours have it that the icons are going to get yet again another makeover. So don't worry; you haven't seen anything yet ;).

The latest interface has indeed changed for the worse. It's to washed out, and quite a few people are complaining. I myself have had to reduce the brightness of my LCD monitor because it hurts my eyes to have that much white on my screen. Hopefully we'll see it fixed in the next build released to us.

If you were invitied by Microsoft and you go to Connect (Connect.microsoft.com) and sign-in, click my participation, and there is Windows Live Messenger 8 Beta, then you are a managed beta tester. Thus you get to report bugs and feedback via connect, and you get to participate in the private newsgroups.
I'm on: Twitter, Facebook, and Neowin
03-02-2006 02:33 AM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
As Chris Boulton Has said within the NG, the Blue looks ok as the colour scheme ..stil find it useless the colourscheme there to washe out.. 
03-02-2006 02:40 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Pyroteq
Veteran Member

Formally 'Scone'

33 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Animal
quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Really? You would think they would fix that with a new build. I didnt notice because i never used 562, i went from the first build 3 whatever to 566.
thats why there's more ongoing Beta testing to get all the Bugs

Yeah but the problem was allready identified and should have been fixed. Meh, as for the interface.. i think its too square.
03-02-2006 03:58 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Hank
Banned

– / – / Flag
i kinda like/getting used to the UI. its just the colouring scheme that look eewww, they may aswell get rid of the colour schemes feature IMO if they keep it the "washed out" way it looks now
03-02-2006 04:23 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
jordanspringer

jjordann

– / Male / –
actually in my personal opinion, i enjoy build 566 more than any previous build of the betas. (except the icons, i wish they were unique but of course that is still to come). i like a clean simple, yet complex look in any program, similar to how MS has made the design of Live! Mail.  Yeah the color is a little to bright, but surely and slowly they're gettin' er' done. i believe they are releasing builds so quickly mainly for the purpose of user feedback. they're just slowly working their way to the best possible version for all of us. as you can see MS wants this to be the BIG one.
[Image: name4ld.png]
03-02-2006 05:19 AM
Doonce

33 / Male / –
i did what you said, and i didnt have anything in My participations.. i got sent invites from Microsoft for windows live messenger and windows live mail.  They werent from friends, i went to the ideas and went to apply, is that what you had to do, cuz its not working if it is.

Anyway, I really liked the last icons, they worked great with the old layout.  I pretty much hate the new layout with a fiery passion.  Since i cant tell MS how much i hate it, ill say it here.
03-02-2006 05:45 AM
Pages: (11): « First « 4 5 6 7 [ 8 ] 9 10 11 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: