What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Google Release Free Website Service

Google Release Free Website Service
Author: Message:
YourNeibour

48 / Male / Flag
O.P. Google Release Free Website Service
http://pages.google.com/

Google have launched Google Page Creator, a free website creation tool.

Perhaps best described as Geocities for the 21st century, Page Creator takes the Google AJAX magic and applies it to website design. The process is simple, albeit, at this time, a little buggy.

In a fashion remarkably similar to Powerpoint, users can pick from a number of themes (or change them on the go) and text layouts. It makes use of a rather clever What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor, so users don't have to face the prospect of editing HTML (but the option exists). Best of all, in true ground breaking fashion, Google lets you have 100MB of space for free, and it doesn't even put ads on your homepage.

It's all very easy; of course, that's the idea. Google have identified an area of the web which has garnered little interest in the last few years. "Free" providers traditionally have provided a lack lustre offering designed to try and persuade people to go up to pay-for options. No longer. Google Pages sees the company delve into a natural but new field, and will no doubt be popular.
02-25-2006 03:11 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Supersonicdarky
Veteran Member

– / – / Flag
RE: Google Release Free Website Service
quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
http://pages.google.com/

Google have launched Google Page Creator, a free website creation tool.

Perhaps best described as Geocities for the 21st century, Page Creator takes the Google AJAX magic and applies it to website design. The process is simple, albeit, at this time, a little buggy.

In a fashion remarkably similar to Powerpoint, users can pick from a number of themes (or change them on the go) and text layouts. It makes use of a rather clever What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor, so users don't have to face the prospect of editing HTML (but the option exists). Best of all, in true ground breaking fashion, Google lets you have 100MB of space for free, and it doesn't even put ads on your homepage.

It's all very easy; of course, that's the idea. Google have identified an area of the web which has garnered little interest in the last few years. "Free" providers traditionally have provided a lack lustre offering designed to try and persuade people to go up to pay-for options. No longer. Google Pages sees the company delve into a natural but new field, and will no doubt be popular.

:( it has reached limit

i'll be sure to use it for file storage :P
02-25-2006 03:26 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
Maybe they don't want us to, it doesn't mean that we wont.
quote:
Due to heavy demand, we are unable to offer new accounts for today. If you'd like to be added to our waiting list, please enter your email address.
quote:
Thank you for your interest in Google Page Creator! Google Page Creator has experienced extremely strong demand, and, as a result, we have temporarily limited the number of new signups as we increase capacity. In the meantime, please submit your email address and we will notify you as soon as we are ready to add new accounts. Thank you for your patience.
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
02-25-2006 05:06 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
John Anderton
Elite Member

37 / Male / Flag
rav0: No surprise there :P

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
Exactly what i was thinking :P
[

KarunAB.com
]

[img]http://gamercards.exophase.com/459422.png[
/img]
02-25-2006 05:15 AM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
Are they ever going to run out of storage :o
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

02-25-2006 09:04 AM
~INVASION~
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by Msg Plus Freak
Are they ever going to run out of storage :o

i really dont think so, theyll probably run out of space to store all the storage before they run out of storage, then theyll have to store all there storage devices in outer space, 8-)

but hey i aint complining, just means more room for me but 100mbits isnt all that, you can get it at sitesled for free right now : /
{WindowsLive Butterfly ~ 2006 - 2009}
02-25-2006 09:08 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: