What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Skype & Technology » Tech Talk » Which is better to you?

Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
Which is better to you?
Author: Message:
lrac522

– / Male / Flag
O.P. Huh?  Which is better to you?
Need your judgment on your fondness. I’ve noticed that the optical (laser) mouse is said to be better but to me it’s getting so annoying, at first it worked superb but after getting acquainted it started to worm the mouse pointer to the top of my open page where the close button lies ending losing valuable work at times. Never experience this problem with the wheeled ones. What do you think?8o|
[Image: signature3phpga4.png]
03-05-2006 02:31 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
wj
Former Admin

I aim to misbehave.

39 / – / Flag
RE: Which is better to you?
Just to clarify. If it's got a little light on the bottom, it's not a "Laser" mouse, it's an Optical "LED" mouse. They use similar technology but laser is much more accurate

But that sounds like you've got a cheap optical mouse, Drop $30 into a new one and you wont see that problem.
"A towel is about the most massively useful
thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."
03-05-2006 02:36 AM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
lrac522

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: RE: Which is better to you?
quote:
Originally posted by wj
Just to clarify. If it's got a little light on the bottom, it's not a "Laser" mouse, it's an Optical "LED" mouse. They use similar technology but laser is much more accurate

But that sounds like you've got a cheap optical mouse, Drop $30 into a new one and you wont see that problem.

Thanx for that info, the one i got was sent to me from DEL as a free gift so i presume I need another.
[Image: signature3phpga4.png]
03-05-2006 02:45 AM
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
Thanx for that info, the one i got was sent to me from DEL as a free gift so i presume I need another.

Yeah :p just about anything they'll send you free as a gift is going to be cheap.... :p... haha...I've got new speakers, mouse, printer/scanner instead of the stock ones they have with the computer... I'd like to upgrade the keyboard but I don't have a lot of money.
03-05-2006 05:24 AM
Joe

35 / Other / Flag
Logitech "MouseMan"... hasn't steered me wrong yet... if you're going for wireless, invest in rechargab;e batteries too. Or a rechargable mouse.
[Image: holidayssigei2.jpg]
03-05-2006 06:12 AM
rav0
Veteran Member

i have an avatar

34 / Male / Flag
I definately prefer optical mouses over ball mouses, and I've never used a laser mouse.

I have a Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical, and it works great.

At my school, they bought Laser optical mouses* for a bunch of the computers, but they're shit. Sometimes the cursor will jsut start jumping around while the mouse is just sitting on the bench.

* - mouses that use optical technology, not laser technology, of the brand Laser
| [Image: dorsh] |

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)

This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination
03-05-2006 08:16 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

I've used laser mice, optical mice & ball mice. Laser mice are definitely the nicest ones to use. I have the Logitech MX100 (somebody gave it to me :banana:!) I have never had any troubles with it, and it is really good for playing games on. Also, the laser never jumps or anything like an optical mouse does, as the optical mouse may react with patterns/shapes on the surface that you're using it on, the laser mouse doesn't do this =P.
03-05-2006 08:46 AM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by rav0
At my school, they bought Laser optical mouses* for a bunch of the computers, but they're shit. Sometimes the cursor will jsut start jumping around while the mouse is just sitting on the bench.
Common problem, It's usually to do with the computers humming and the mouse picks up that fine vibration!!
I get it all the time at out school :P
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

03-05-2006 08:48 AM
Menthix
forum admin

39 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by lrac522
it started to worm the mouse pointer to the top of my open page where the close button lies ending losing valuable work at times.
Optical mice relay on the surface you use them on. On some surfaces the optical light will get "confused" and start to move in random directions. Try another surface or get a good mousepad.

A optical mouse is way better then a ball-mouse when a optical mouse is put on a good surface and nothing is interfereing with it. It feels much lighter and moves smoother. A laser mouse is even better, but i never used one so far.
Finish the problem
Menthix.net | Contact Me
03-05-2006 12:33 PM
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
i used to have one of these...
http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk:8082/lco/support/disabl...sington_expert.jpg

its in the cupboard now... i swapped it for a wireless one... optical obviously 8-)

i do miss the mouse in the picture above tho... whats the term for that design?

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
03-05-2006 01:03 PM
Pages: (2): « First [ 1 ] 2 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: