What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » General » General Chit Chat » Bording School

Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
Bording School
Author: Message:
Kryptonate
Veteran Member

37 / Male / –
RE: Bording School
The only thing you will achieve with quiting lessons, running away or anything else of these things is that they will try to tighten the freedom you have.
If you don't want to go just tell them and talk about it with them. They will respect you more and might give you a bit more freedom because of this.
Also, you're only 13. Your parents will know what's best for you. If you disagree talk to them about it like I already said, but don't do anything stupid. You won't accomplish anything good with it.
03-06-2006 04:48 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
M73A
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by GiantSpider
No I ment just literally not go.

id get them to give me a lift there.. then once getting there just get out and walk in the opposite direction of the place....

[Image: lost7ru.gif]
03-06-2006 04:48 PM
GiantSpider
Veteran Member

34 / Male / Flag
[list=1][*]This of course is a last resort
[*]That wouldn't work, he lives too far away
[*]Putting your foot down could also earn you respect for knowing what you want in life. It would backfire if talking hadn't been used forst though.

This post was edited on 03-06-2006 at 04:53 PM by GiantSpider.
03-06-2006 04:53 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Anubis
Elite Member

33 / Male / Flag
Doing dumb stuff will not accomplish anything. Kryptonate is correct, ask them why they want you to go, tell them you don't want to, don't get cocky and threaten them with skiving off. Look sad and slightly scared (don't overdo it, just sound a little nervous and upset).

Just tell them openly you don't want to go, you're happy where you are, that by sending you there's a chance that you won't settle and that your education could be compromised. Also try and stay level headed when talking to them, keep your argument logical, and try and show them how their choice is illogical.

If they say you have to go, I would accept it, however I also suggest that you stay quiet and nervous for a while, keep laying hints about how you don’t want to go.
[Image: anubis5hq.png]
03-06-2006 04:55 PM
Adeptus

I think the most valid argument you can use, for now, is that there's only 3 months left in the school year (assuming you are on a typical school year) and that you don't want to change schools in the middle of it.   

Middle of the year school changes have all sorts of downsides -- your grades could suffer if the new school is ahead in the material, it is easier to fit in and make friends when you are not the only new guy.  Whether that will be enough to change the plans of your parents or not I can't say, but at least those are issues they should recognize as real.  Threats to run away or not study wouldn't be.  :)

If they accept that now, then you are "safe" for the next six months, which is a lot of time.  Much could change by then.

If you end up having to go, I think there is a good possibility you will find that you like it much better than it seems now.
03-06-2006 05:10 PM
K.Rishi

– / Male / –
Other than the uniforms.. and the homo guys i've kept hearing about.. plus the bad caf food... baah.. its not that bad after all!! LOL.. i'm just joking... you never know until you try it... i suppose it wouldn't be the same as your old school.. but think about the bright side :p (if there is any *ahem*) you'd probably be getting a better education!! LOL :D
03-06-2006 05:11 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
mwe99
Veteran Member

36 / Male / Flag
To be honest, its probably just an empty threat; however, to avoid causing anymore disagreements or arguing; I would suggest you follow your parents guidelines about the usage.
03-06-2006 05:16 PM
Nathan
Veteran Member

Yeah, "large dimensions" ;)

– / Male / Flag
O.P. RE: Bording School
Believe me mwe99 it's not an empty threat.
Touch Innovation - touch friendly programs/applications for the windows mobile!

03-06-2006 05:26 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
user27089
Disabled Account

So then, just do as they say, and you won't get sent.
03-06-2006 05:27 PM
Negro_Joe

Go!Go!Go!

34 / Male / –
Duct tape your self to the roof...:)

[Image: sinavatar4ie.jpg]

03-06-2006 06:03 PM
Pages: (5): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 5 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »