What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P

Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P
Author: Message:
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
RE: Now we can ask again.. when did msgpluslive come? :P
It is true... You do not need invitations to use WLM... I have it downloaded on my computer, and I had friends over last night... and I told them they wouldnt' be able to sign in because of it... and sure enough... They got signed on. They liked the new version... and with the second build they sent out... I kinda do too...
03-18-2006 01:22 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
Hikoto

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
though, which is no reason to pre-release a beta which isn't even finished yet and will show one bug after the other...

It takes time to develop the product people love so much (which is all done by on guy nota bene). they love it so much because it runs smoothly and does what they want. Currently the beta is not even there to even consider it being pre-released...

So, even if the millions of people ask for it, I'm afraid there isn't anything yet to offer and they need to have some patience. They sure will love the result once it is releasd though; it is worth the wait! ;)

I guess! I just have to wait. You're right - I would rather have a stable version than a buggy beta one.

Just beware of the people who will be flooding to the fourms, asking the same question. o.o

And groessl: Whoa, thanks for the update. I'm gonna inform all my friends whom I didn't get a chance to invite now!
03-20-2006 09:36 AM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
qgroessl
Veteran Member

33 / – / Flag
No problem... I wouldn't have believed it until I saw him sign-in.... Only thing is... I'm not sure if they can download it from the MSN site.... cause he just came to my house and used it on my computer that already has WLM on it.
03-20-2006 12:29 PM
Salem

37 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by ChicaRacing
There's a confirmed rumor about the release date of MSN 8 and it's today!!!!! yei! then i ask, when did msgpluslive come? cause u told us that when the msn 8 beta was released u will give us a posible relase date for it! come on dont let us cry for it more time hahahahahaha pleeease pleaaaaase patchou :$ tell us something :P could u?

It was said that Messenger PLus! Live will not be released before Windows Live Messenger goes out of Beta.

The Beta for Windows Live Messenger is not yet over, it has just been opened to more people. Also, no one said a date will be given as soon as the Windows Live Messenger Beta ends anyway. All that was said was that it will not be released any time before Windows Live Messenger goes out of Beta. It COULD even end up being released months after the Official (non-beta) Windows Live Messenger.

Note the use of the word COULD. This does not indicate it Messenger Plus! Live Will be released months after Windows Live Messenger. It just to try and say that just because Windows Live Messenger goes out of Beta doesn't mean Messenger Plus! Live will at the same time

This post was edited on 03-20-2006 at 06:27 PM by Salem.
[Image: salem874.smart.jpg][Image: card.png]
Was i Helpful?[/url]
03-20-2006 06:26 PM
riahc4
Veteran Member

– / Male / Flag
Patchou said that when WLM was released to the public he would try to release MP!L......WLM (altho still tech a beta [it still has the "BETA" tag right?) ) has been released to the public. So a offical statement from Patchou himself would be nice as Im very very confused (and I just wont believe any mod; this has to come from the dev himself)
03-20-2006 07:33 PM
user27089
Disabled Account

Why can you not believe any moderator, being beta testers ourselves (who speak to Patchou often), we know that the software simply is not ready for public release. He also stated that when a final Windows Live Messenger has been released he will release Messenger Plus! Live around that time. As far as I can see, this is a public beta, nowhere near final.
03-20-2006 07:38 PM
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
Although it has also to be said (and I'm going to contradict everything which has been said before): In "special" circumstances, Patchou can/will release a Plus!Live version even before WLM is out of beta.

But this will only happen if, and only if, Plus!Live is 99,9999% finished and if, and only if, Microsofts decides that WLM will stay in "beta" for a long time without changing stuff too much.

This situation has happened before, where a Messenger version was so long in beta that many people already used it, or wanted to use it but with Plus!.

Of course, on the other hand again, Plus!Live is programmed from scratch and is based upon a total new engine and must work with a total new messenger engine and major version changes; every bit and bold of the new Plus!Live needs to be checked, double checked and re-checked. This is a whole lot different than when Plus!3 got a simple update to accomodate a very few changes in a certain messenger build update.

All in all and to say yet the same thing (:p): have patience, Messenger Plus! Live will be released when it is ready to be released. Patchou will never withhold a Plus! update from the public without reasons and as soon as a version can be released, it will be released!

;)

This post was edited on 03-20-2006 at 08:19 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-20-2006 08:09 PM
F45N8R

there is still a lot of bugs in WLM so i doubt it will be released anytime soon. i hav been using it for a while but there is still many bugs.
03-22-2006 12:05 PM
C-S-M

Soon to be Plus! Live User

– / Male / –
If I recall correctly, the last time a new WLM build was realeased was the 1st of March. I'm guessing on the 1st of every month, a new build is released. Maybe on the 1st of April a new build will be released WHICH MEANS THAT PLUS!LIVE WILL BE RELEASED MUCH LATER!! I'm not a tester but reading what the mods have said, I believe that Plus! has to work on the latest build before it gets released. So all I'm tryna say is wait for Plus! to be released publicly, it's being worked on very hard by many people, and I don't think you people should give them so much sh*t... The mods have been chosen, and like they said, they talk to Patchou often which means they should know more about the BETA than anyone else here, besides for Patchou himself. If Patchou wants everyone to know something about Plus!Live, he'll make a post or an article in the news section. From my own experience, BETA Testing another MSN Messenger Addon, which is in extremely early ages for WLM, it is very hard to report all the bugs you find, and to make sure the next build is bug free. With every BETA there are bugs, get used to it, and just be patient!

Holy sh*t, excuse the essay... LOL!!

Anyways, well done to the mods on a great job so far!! Thanks for making sure OUR lives on WLM aren't THAT bad... Hehe
03-24-2006 08:22 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
Originally posted by C-S-M
I'm guessing on the 1st of every month, a new build is released.
no, the next releace will be the final, and it doesn not follow any pattern as what you think, it will be releace, when the MSN team feel it should be releaced, and then plus! should follow after
[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6674 days, 11 hours, 20 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
03-24-2006 08:51 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
Pages: (3): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites