What happened to the Messenger Plus! forums on msghelp.net?
Shoutbox » MsgHelp Archive » Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger » WLM Plus! General » Warning MsgPlus is dangerous !!!

Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
Warning MsgPlus is dangerous !!!
Author: Message:
Matti
Elite Member

Script Developer and Helper

31 / Male / Flag
RE: Warning MsgPlus is dangerous !!!
Maybe we should add that to the MP!L sticky. It seems like many people downloaded this malware and it could give MP!L a bad name even before it's released... :-/
What do you think?
Plus! Script Developer | Plus! Beta Tester | Creator of Countdown Live | Co-developer of Screenshot Sender 5

Found my post useful? Rate me!
03-21-2006 01:20 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: Warning MsgPlus is dangerous !!!
quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
Maybe we should add that to the MP!L sticky. It seems like many people downloaded this malware and it could give MP!L a bad name even before it's released... :-/
What do you think?
I agree... hence why I already PM'd Chrono about this a few hours ago...

This post was edited on 03-21-2006 at 01:25 PM by CookieRevised.
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-21-2006 01:23 PM
Profile PM Find Quote Report
gozzy

O.P. RE: Warning MsgPlus is dangerous !!!
Some of my friends have Norton Antivirus or Kaspersky Antivirus and they said they don't see any virus alert. So it's not a virus !
03-21-2006 02:46 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by gozzy
Some of my friends have Norton Antivirus or Kaspersky Antivirus and they said they don't see any virus alert. So it's not a virus !
If the companys havn't recognised the virus yet, or if your friends havn't got their definitions upto date then the AV programs won't recognise it.
03-21-2006 03:03 PM
Eljay
Elite Member

:O

– / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by Plik
quote:
If the companys havn't recognised the virus yet, or if your friends havn't got their definitions upto date then the AV programs won't recognise it.

also it doesnt do anything that an antivirus would pick up on, im guessing all it does is loop through your contacts and delete them using the messenger API.
03-21-2006 03:05 PM
NiteMare
Veteran Member

Giga-Byte me

36 / Male / Flag
quote:
So it's not a virus !

no matter WHAT you think, that IS a virus. there is NO version 4.0.2006.566 in existance, and there is NO WLM compatable version, do not find other sites that host Plus!, stick with the offical site, its common sence taht if its not on the official site, it doesn't exist, and if it doesn't exist, and you've found a site claming they have it, in this day and age, its a virus

[Image: sig/]
I'll never forget what she said 6659 days, 21 hours, 11 minutes, 34 seconds ago
Need hosting? Check
out my website. we can help you out :)
03-21-2006 05:22 PM
Profile PM Web Find Quote Report
joemailey

38 / Male / –
RE: RE: Warning MsgPlus is dangerous !!!
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
They didn't install MSGPlusLive 4.0.2006.0566 by any chance now did they?

That is not an official Msg Plus! version, it's a virus!

Always download from the official Msg Plus! site or one of the official mirrors mentioned on the site: http://www.msgplus.net

This has been reported in Can't view any contact with MsgPlus.

Instances like this a simple softcore version of msgplus!live would solve any issues of a virus lol.

but unfortunely it would take just as long to code :-)
03-22-2006 01:16 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Web Find Quote Report
CookieRevised
Elite Member

– / Male / Flag
RE: RE: RE: Warning MsgPlus is dangerous !!!
quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
Instances like this a simple softcore version of msgplus!live would solve any issues of a virus lol.
It wouldn't. In fact it will make things worse...

Reason being that if a "small" version of Plus! is released, people will still demand for an update (so they actually can have some features back). The virusmaker will of course jump on this and creat such an "update". And because the virusmaker now has a very clear view of how Plus! looks (GUI) and what the version number is, he/she can make it a lot more like the official Plus! and people would have far bigger problems to see that it is fake..
.-= A 'frrrrrrrituurrr' for Wacky =-.
03-22-2006 08:41 PM
di3s3lx

Umm a friend of mine had his MSG Plus automatically updated today and got his  contact list deleted. I asked him if he downloaded anything like the MsgPlusLive 4.0.2006.0566 he said no, he told me his msg plus was automatically updated. Is there someone hacking the released version?

I've unistalled the Plus! last released to avoid this from happening to me. I think someone should check the latest build released maybe there's something someone can use to update the build to the virus one.

I think this is someone just trying to sabotage the Plus Live version b4 coming out. So Im guessing the Live Plus thing should come out soon to shut up those ********** BEEP ******** ppl

This post was edited on 03-22-2006 at 09:54 PM by di3s3lx.
03-22-2006 09:50 PM
Profile E-Mail PM Find Quote Report
Plik
Veteran Member

34 / Male / –
quote:
Originally posted by di3s3lx
Umm a friend of mine had his MSG Plus automatically updated today and got his  contact list deleted. I asked him if he downloaded anything like the MsgPlusLive 4.0.2006.0566 he said no, he told me his msg plus was automatically updated. Is there someone hacking the released version?

Mine hasn't tried to update, and it doesn't sound like it has happened to anyone else :-/
03-22-2006 09:58 PM
Pages: (4): « First « 1 [ 2 ] 3 4 » Last »
« Next Oldest Return to Top Next Newest »

Threaded Mode | Linear Mode
View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Rate This Thread: